Author Topic: No wonder there's a schism in the Worldwide Anglican Communion  (Read 665 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
No wonder there's a schism in the Worldwide Anglican Communion
« on: December 01, 2017, 08:35:42 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/01/world/europe/uk-prince-george-gay-pray.html

The only prayer I'm likely to make in response to this is a prayer of thanks that I'm not a Scottish Episcopalian. (With perhaps a footnote hoping that George grows up to be heterosexual -- and a better man than his grandfather, Prince Chuck.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
Re: No wonder there's a schism in the Worldwide Anglican Communion
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 11:05:08 PM »
Wow.  Does that mean he wants him to not keep the family line going?  I don't know where to start on the Biblical side of things.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 12:24:16 AM »
That this sicko clergyman - a provost, no less - has a following at all does NOT speak well for the congregation attending services at St. Mary’s Cathedral in Glasgow.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 01:54:15 AM »
Mr. Holdsworth, the provost of St. Mary’s Cathedral in Glasgow, belongs to the Scottish Episcopal Church, a separate province of the Anglican Communion that voted in June to let its priests solemnize same-sex marriages.

Had to re-read the bolded bit.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 05:38:40 PM »
oh good grief. The kid is only 4. Leave him the hell alone (and that goes for both sides of whatever argument is being had)

;/
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 10:14:54 PM »
oh good grief. The kid is only 4. Leave him the hell alone (and that goes for both sides of whatever argument is being had)

;/

Bad Liz! You called it "him." I'm going to report you to the thought police.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design