Author Topic: Cynthia McKinney just...  (Read 3569 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Cynthia McKinney just...
« on: April 06, 2006, 09:15:06 AM »
issued a brief apology for her actions.

Hopefully that doesn't shut off the grand jury investigation.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Azrael256

• friend
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 10:00:43 AM »
...and shortly thereafter one of her bodyguards pulled off a nice felony: "I'm going to put your ass in jail. I'm a police officer,"

Impersonating a police officer is still a felony, right?

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/0406natmckinney.html

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 10:08:07 AM »
An apology doesn't pay for the crime.  Sorry, Ms. McKinney.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 10:11:23 AM »
Well, she should apologize. She still needs to be prosecuted for her felonious action.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 11:23:28 AM »
the fix is in
some animals are more equal than others
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 11:46:50 AM »
Next she'll decry the lack of respect for police officers and call for a commission to investigate why officers dont get more respect.  For the children.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 12:50:24 PM »
i just talked to a guy who is in her district

he says she has bridges, over passes & ramps named for her and her father through out her dominion
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

spinr

Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 01:36:34 PM »
I wish she'd just spontaneously combust, or something...

That'd be cool...

cool

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 03:07:43 PM »
She has this...look...in her eyes, and the only time I've ever seen anything quite like it is a 15 year old interview of Geraldo Rivera interviewing Charles Manson.  Manson was the most obviously devoid of reality human being I have ever observed in that interview.  

McKinney is not far behind.
She's drunk the Kool-Aid  that our society has been serving since about 1972, where as long as you have high self-esteem, you can do or be anything your delusional mind manufactures for you to be.

grampster

• friend
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 03:15:10 PM »
Her comments were not an apology at all.  Just political doublespeak.  Admiting to a "mistake" is no apology.  She did something wrong.  She needs to admit to that and apologize for her actions and to the police officer.  It was not a mistake, it was a crime.  I hope she is arrested and tried for assault.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 04:32:22 PM »
How is it that politicians can always get away with these fake aplogies?  McKinney didn't apologize for anything, and yet everybody is acting like she did.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 04:58:30 PM »
If I read it correctly her apology was "There should not have been any physical contact in this incident."

Which is the standard "well, we were both wrong but he was wrong first" defense used by those who don't want to apologize but are being forced to.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 05:22:58 PM »
Had she apologized right after the incident, before going to the press with the race card, I'd be inclined to fogive her.  Since this all came up after the SHTF, too bad, so sad, she just doesn't want to get into trouble.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

griz

• friend
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 06:04:46 PM »
In the spirit of political speak, I would also like to issue an apology:

I am sorry that she was ever elected to office.  Please forgive.....well let's not go there.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 06:36:47 PM »
So she apologized for playing the race card and accusing scores of folks of being racists?

Oh, never mind...
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

publius

• friend
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 12:50:56 AM »
Darn, I clicked on the thread hoping that the title led into this:

...got locked up!!!

Looks like her bodyguard thinks he's still a policeman, and the Hill cops are worried he might be armed and go postal.

Birds of a feather. We have a congresscritter asserting her nonexistent authority to breeze through checkpoints without identifying herself, and we have a goon asserting his nonexistent law enforcement authority.

Egomaniacs who are drawn to power are dangerous.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 05:36:10 AM »
I have noticed that she is getting no back-up from her fellow Dems.  I saw this AM that the Congressional Black Caucus is urging her to put it behind as quickly as possible.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 06:10:35 AM »
wsbradio.com/news/040706mckinneyscuffle.html

New McKinney Capitol Hill Scuffle
(WSB Radio) There's been another Washington scuffle involving Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney.

A man identified by her office as the Dekalb County lawmaker's driver claimed to be a police officer Thursday after he was bumped by Channel 2 Washington Bureau reporter Scott McFarland.

The man, a former LA police officer, told McFarland -- quote -- "I'm going to put your ass in jail the next time you push me." When McFarland asked if he was a Capitol police officer, the man said no. He did say he was a police officer, but would not identify what department he worked for.

The head of the Capitol Hill Police union says it's troubling that the man identified himself as a police officer, even though he is not recognized as an officer in the District of Columbia.

Capitol Police Officer Andy Maybo says it is unusual for members of Congress to be guarded by anyone other than Capitol police. He says an investigation will determine if the man has the authority to be on government property without prior authorization.

On Thursday, McKinney apologized for her run-in last week with a Capitol Police officer.

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2006, 06:45:38 AM »
So the Diva of Dekalb County got herself some hired muscle? What's next, a posse to follow her around? rolleyes

Stand_watie

• friend
Cynthia McKinney just...
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2006, 09:19:00 PM »
Quote from: The Rabbi
I have noticed that she is getting no back-up from her fellow Dems.  I saw this AM that the Congressional Black Caucus is urging her to put it behind as quickly as possible.
Honestly as much as I (generally speaking) loathe politicians, think about what she is doing to all her fellow Representatives (of whom there are a greater % of decent human beings than Senators).

There probably are a couple of genuine racists in the Capitol Police, and there are probably a couple of genuine non-racists to whom blacks all look alike, just as there are plenty of Sudanese and Japanese to whom all redheads with green eyes look alike (Heck, I'm as white as can be, and if you put too many redheads with green eyes in the same room with me I even start to get confused as to who's who), anyhoo - if her little "do't you day'er mess wit' me, you racist s.o.b., I's be a idepedant, perr'owd, stro'ong black womans" act had been successfully pulled off those genuine racists and genuinely non-racist-but-can't-tell-them-apart capitol police would be letting through the checkpoint every black  between 20 and 80 who walked fast around the checkpoint and snarled "I'm a congressman/woman" over their shoulder at the police who challenged them. As a matter of fact if it had worked the capitol police would have been justified (IMHO) in letting a few of their (locally known, annoying but mostly harmless) vagrants and winos wander in to start disrupting things and begging change to make their point.

IF McKinney really wanted to make amends, she would announce "Mea Culpa", and offer to pay the Police Officer assaulted a reasonable fee for his pain/suffering, and more importantly job related emotional stress pain, offer a 10,000 dollar grant (paid out of her own pocket) to the capitol hill police department to offer overtime to their officers to sit in the House procedings and memorize faces and who's who, and offer to plead guilty to the DA, and throw herself on the mercy of the judge regarding her penalty for simple assault mitigated by her extensive making of amends (and under those conditions, in DC, she could probably expect about a 5 dollar fine, possibly a medal of honor). She'd then begin a "friendship with the peons who protect us" campaign in the house to encourage all house members to make it a habit to have numerous capitol police officers invited and encouraged to attend by the Capitol police leadership, as guests, each of their 'wine and dine and meet the bigwigs' shindigs that occur locally. I guarantee that free food, booze and chatting with bigshots on a friendly level would bring almost every capitol police officer into a pretty intimate knowledge of exactly what all the congressmen/women look like.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"