Author Topic: Ann Coulter: LIBERAL WAR ON TERRORISM HEATS UP: DELAY FINALLY CAPTURE  (Read 2031 times)

Otherguy Overby

• friend
Ann Coulter, being Ann Coulter, of course:

http://anncoulter.com/cgi-local/article.cgi?article=107

Do pick out your favorite one liner...

===============
LIBERAL WAR ON TERRORISM HEATS UP: DELAY FINALLY CAPTURED
April 5, 2006

If only liberals were half as angry at the people who flew planes into our skyscrapers as they are with Tom DeLay, we might have two patriotic parties in this country.

Any Republicans who didn't ferociously defend Tom DeLay  which is to say, almost all Republicans in Congress, the president, and alleged conservative writers trying to impress the editorial board of The New York Times  better hope liberals never come after them. The only proven method for a Republican to avoid having his name turned into a liberal malediction is to be completely ineffective. You'll notice there's no "Stop Lamar Alexander Before It's Too Late" Web site.

Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, Ed Meese, Oliver North, Clarence Pendleton, Newt Gingrich, Karl Rove, Tom DeLay  all these men saw their names used as curse words.

Only one of them was ever indicted. To wit, the comical indictment of DeLay recently brought by political hack Ronnie Earle. To finally get some grand jury to hand up an indictment, Earle had to empanel six grand juries in Austin, Texas, which is like the Upper West Side with more attractive people. In addition, DeLay knows Republican and gambling lobbyist Jack Abramoff and his associates, who have recently pleaded guilty to various other incomprehensible charges.

Liberals spit out all these names with more venom than they've ever been able to muster for names like "Saddam Hussein" and "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi."

Even proud American corporations find their names being turned into curse words by liberals, such as "Halliburton," which is currently losing money in Iraq in order to supply food to our troops  you know, the same troops liberals pretend to love (but don't lose money feeding).

I spent a couple of hours listening to liberal hate radio this week to try to figure out what crime against God and man Tom DeLay is even alleged to have committed. But all I heard was the name "Tom DeLay" and "PRISON!" mentioned in the same sentence over and over again.

Back when Newt Gingrich still scared liberals, the House Ethics Committee spent years probing various charges against him, focusing on the charge that a college class he taught was ... partisan! Meanwhile, they're teaching Marxism in comp lit classes, Islamic terrorism in Indian experience classes, and Druidism in divinity classes. As we speak, freshmen in English 101 classes all over the country are rushing to complete their term papers on how all heterosexual sex is rape. Over a million dollars later, the committee realized: Wait a second. This is a college class!

But at the urging of the Democrats, the Internal Revenue Service spent 3 1/2 years investigating Gingrich's college course. After all the hullabaloo, the result was: No crime. The classes "were not biased toward particular politicians or a particular party"  thus distinguishing Gingrich's class from every other college course in America.

To the contrary, Gingrich's college class spent more time praising FDR and JFK than praising Reagan. (Did you know that FDR's radio broadcast after Pearl Harbor included an eight-minute prayer? You would have learned that in Newt's course.)

But the mere mention of the name "Newt Gingrich" was proof of criminal conduct in the '90s.

When Democrats are accused of wrongdoing, it's usually something more like what most people think of as a crime, say, punching a Capitol Hill policeman.

Or perhaps by being captured on tape in hotel rooms stuffing wads of cash into their pockets from Arab sheiks  as Democrats were during the Abscam investigation. This was back when Democrats controlled Congress. Consequently, Congress responded to this shocking proof of criminality by their colleagues by ... investigating the FBI for investigating members of Congress.

The "rule of law" means something entirely different for Republicans and Democrats. Consider the case of a prosecutor faced with the same possible wrongdoing by a Republican office-holder and a Democrat office-holder at the same time.

In the midst of Ronnie Earle's witch hunt of Republican Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison for allegedly using her office for campaign purposes  begun days after she was elected to the U.S. Senate by a 2-1 margin  employees in former Democratic Gov. Ann Richards' office admitted that they destroyed almost three years' worth of long-distance billing records that were supposed to be preserved  to ensure the office wasn't being used for campaign purposes, among other things.

According to the Austin American-Statesman, Earle promptly "cleared (Richards) and her staff of wrongdoing, saying there was no evidence of criminal intent."

Conservatives live under a jurisprudence of laws, but they get prosecuted under liberals' jurisprudence of epithets.
Guns
Motorcycles
Jeeps
Never enough!

BozemanMT

• friend
Ann Coulter: LIBERAL WAR ON TERRORISM HEATS UP: DELAY FINALLY CAPTURE
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 08:24:50 AM »
and in new news, grass is green
rain is wet.

duh
Brian
CO

From land of the free and home of the brave to land of the fee and home of the slave

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 10:21:13 AM »
Even proud American corporations find their names being turned into curse words by liberals, such as "Halliburton," which is currently losing money in Iraq in order to supply food to our troops  you know, the same troops liberals pretend to love (but don't lose money feeding).
Bwahahaha!

This would be the same Halliburton whose subsidary KBR repeatedly food poisoned me and my fellow troops?  The ol "Charge the Army a ton of money, and then buy the cheapest food possible" trick.   Works every time.  At least for KBR.

I remember the real story.   KBR contracted out a lot of the food service in Iraq to smaller companies, and then didn't pay 'em.   Then whined to the Army that even though they promised (in a legally binding contract) that they could provide meals at whatever rate they promised, they couldn't do it unless they got more money.   Things eventually got worked out.   I assume KBR looted some more cash from the Army, and then started paying the subcontractors.   Never heard for sure, tho.

Ah yes, I fondly remember the long periods of time being on the toilet, considering blowing my brains out before I next dry heave, and think of poor proud Halliburton not making enough profit.    Brings tears to my eyes, really.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 11:06:16 AM »
Rev, how dare you question Mr. Coulter's detailed grasp of the facts.Cheesy

*hint:  she doesn't have one
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 11:18:30 AM »
"She's a man, baby.":D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 12:27:18 PM »
"If only liberals were half as angry at the people who flew planes into our skyscrapers as they are with Tom DeLay, we might have two patriotic parties in this country."

Amen to that!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

LawDog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 01:57:45 PM »
Funny how there is no birth record for an Ann Coulter..
Did you verify that for yourself, or are you parroting someone else?

I ask, because a two-minute use of Google found this:
"The Washington Post's Reliable Source Column," today, reports that Ms. Coulter, apparently, fibs about her age. While Ann-Thrax, as the Web site media whores online dot com calls her, she claims her age is 38. "The Post" notes, though, that her birth certificate[/b], her voting records and her Connecticut driver's license all indicate her age to be 40.
Not only does there appear to be a birth cetificate for Ann Coulter, the Washington Post seems to have a copy of it.

LawDog

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 05:01:09 PM »
Quote from: Blackburn
[coulter] Why do you hate America so much? Your post indicates that you aren't supporting the troops, so MOVE TO FRANCE! [/coulter] Wink
Ah, at the time, I didn't move more than four feet from a bucket, and I locked up the restroom nearest to my office so that no one else could occupy it in case uh, nevermind.   For months after I got back to the US, I still had the habit of holding food in my mouth for 30 seconds before I started chewing.  

I got in a bit of trouble for asking my superiors for permission to execute the Halliburton/KBR brass for treason, while I was sitting across a table from them.   Something about saying so at the top of my lungs while having a M249 at the ready.  

If it makes anyone feel better, I once tried to call in an airstrike on the French Army.

"If only liberals were half as angry at the people who flew planes into our skyscrapers as they are with Tom DeLay, we might have two patriotic parties in this country."
Wait, we have one patriotic party already?   Who the heck is it?   Maybe she's referring to the Libertarians?

Rev, how dare you question Mr. Coulter's detailed grasp of the facts.

*hint:  she doesn't have one
Now, now.  Lacking a firm (or any, for that matter) grasp on facts or reality is no reason to speculate on her uh, plumbing.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 08:14:28 PM »
We interrupt your regularly scheduled Coulter-bashing for these important announcements:

Does anyone disagree with the basic premise of the article, that there is a distinct double standard applied to petty legal infractions committed by prominent Democrats vs prominent Republicans?  

Clinton sold nuclear secrets to China in exchange for campaign contributions, and that's A-OK.  Delay is one of three people who may (or may not) have broken a minor rule while working on behalf of some fellow Texas Republicans, and that's grounds for criminal conspiracy charges.  

Clinton, for his own personal gain, used the FBI to spy upon key players in American politics.  Nothing inappropriate about that.  Bush, for the defense of the nation, used the NSA to spy on Al Queada.  That's BAD BAD BAD!  

Clinton shamelessly lied about cheating on his wife, and even committed felony perjury to cover it up.  We were told that "it's just a personal matter" and better yet "who doesn't lie about sex?" and that we were to excuse him.  Bob Livingston (Gingrich's replacement as House Speaker - he got the boot because his accountant goofed on an old tax return) was run out of town for being so immoral as to have cheated on his wife.

I could go on.  Clinton certainly isn't the only Democrat to get away with things that would crucify a Republican, but he makes the best/easiest example.

Anyway...  Coulter may not be the best writer to ever touch pen to paper, but is her basic premise wrong this time?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Coulter-bashing...  Cheesy

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 08:31:58 PM »
The big difference between the War on Islamic Militants and WW2 is that were not actively trying to save a communist state from destruction*.  If we were, the Dems & lefties could find a way to back up the USA, rather than stab it in the back.

*  Unless you count keeping nukes out of the USA to be protecting the staff of the University of Minnesota in any way.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 09:13:48 PM »
Blackburn wrote:
Headless Thompson Gunner wrote:

We interrupt your regularly scheduled Coulter-bashing for these straw man arguments:
wink

Because everyone here bashing Coulter thinks that Clinton did no wrong, y'know. Your rhetorical brilliance knows no bounds!
Perhaps you misunderstand me.  I think Coulter is a wretched author.  She seems more interested in sensationalism and ad hominems than in any sort of rational or logical debate.  I have no problem with anyone who bashes Coulter or her writing.  She's earned it.

The original post called for us to pick out our favorite one liners.  I didn't want to drift his thread away from that topic.  But I wanted to hear a little bit of discussion about the substance of the article.  Hence my attempt at humourously interrupting the regularly scheduled Coulter bashing.

You speak of rhetorical brilliance.  Well, let's have some of that from you.  Do you have anything of substance to say about the article, or about my post?  Or is your "rhetorical brilliance" limited exclusively to off-hand remarks about Coutler's sex partners and birth records?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 02:50:57 AM »
We now return you to the regularly programmed Coulter-bashing, already in progress...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 03:13:54 AM »
May or MAY NOT! The definition of Is, Is..
What?  "May or may not" refers to the fact that Delay has been charged, yet not convicted of any crime.  This can not be compared to Clinton's weaselly attempts to salvage his character through childish excuses.

To anyone who doesn't already grasp the concept that we have (at least on the Federal level) a one party system superficially split down a few fringe issues that are used to continue the charade of a 'choice' presented to voters, wake the firetruck up. I don't trust either Democrats or Republicans who have served politically for more than a few years any farther than my existant-solely-for-the-purposes-of-example Shi-Tzu can throw them, and just because Leftist moonbats get a bug up their bum over some RINO's misdeeds doesn't mean everyone has to say "Oh NO. The godless commies are saying this. Therefore, we are excluded from taking this position or even agreeing with it!"

No matter what, to keep the game going each group will insist that the media is slanted in the favor of their enemy, that public indictments and investigations are suppression and harassment attacks leveled against their innocent leaders, and that the Other Guy(tm), whether Lieberal Demonrat* or Conshirkrative Rethuglican*, is the true foul and noxious enemy of freedom.

*I find these terms juvenile and frankly retarded but I welcome anyone to use them. It makes knowing who should be ignored on the basis of lacking original thought much easier.
I don't entirely agree with all of that, but it is why I like Blackburn.  Used to think he was a hopeless nut.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 04:59:02 AM »
Frankly, what appears to be in play in the political spectrum is that a group of escapees from the education system have gathered together and are having a sleepover.  While in the midst of this, are staking out the territory that will allow them notoriety and power and smutting upon fellow sleepoverees whom  they see as a challenge.  Wait, is this another episode of Survivor?

On the fringes of this are the pundits, some less skillful than the other who snipe at the politicians and each other.  They have discovered that other escapees from educational instititutions will provide money, limo's, airline tickets etc for their opinions about present clique in power or seeking same.

In the meantime freedom slowly fritters away, the vast "silent majority" awakens each morning wondering if they can really afford that new (insert your own instant gratification item here) and why is my neighbor burning leaves again?, and which reality tv program should I watch tonight after I get home from work, while preparing the large model sand bucket for which to insert head just after breakfast.

I'm not cynical am I?  Excuse me, SWMBO, please wash my toga for me?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 09:51:34 AM »
Sigh...

I shoulda known better than to try to discuss the substance of an article by Ann Coulter.

Sorry 'bout that, folks.

Ron

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 03:42:55 PM »
Sigh...

I shoulda known better than to try to discuss the substance of an article by Ann Coulter.

Sorry 'bout that, folks.
Ann writes for those that agree or have similar political leanings as herself.

She rarely will win over a leftist or the like because she is so caustic.

For the most part I agree with her, but I am not as undiplomatic or unforgiving of those that don't agree with me.

She provides red meat for the conservative base. Unfortunately for the leftists she is effective.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 04:02:01 PM »
What GoRon said.  I like her caustic wit.

The Left gets away, without much criticism, using a lot of the same behaviour.  I mean their elected leadership is quoted every day saying that the president and most republicans are the AntiChrist and Fallen Angels.  There is not enough space to quote the caustic, very divisive comments made on the Left every day. The truth never stood in the way of a good Left Wing photo op or a chance to flap their lips like a whippoorwills ass in a windstorm.  Nothing more than the pot calling the kettle black imho.  I'm amazed that the administration has not done more to counter the smut and invective of Harry, Barbara, Teddy, Hillary et al.  

So Ann Coulter comes along and calls a spade a spade, as she sees it, and is direct and to the point.  Just once, I'd like to see a president have a press conference and talk the same way.
There is something wrong with speaking your mind in an abrasive fashion?  Hell we have Mike and we love him for land's sake.    Personally, I think the behaviour she smuts on them about invites her caustic comment.  It is well deserved.

Better, Headless?

The more I think about it....Go Ann!!
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 06:28:59 PM »
Grampster, my sentiments exactly.

Ann is merely giving liberals like Markos Moulitsas Zúniga, of Daily Kos blog notoriety, a taste of their own medicine.  And that's fine with me, we've been pulling our punches long enough.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"