Author Topic: El T at the movies, "Madison"  (Read 880 times)

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
El T at the movies, "Madison"
« on: April 10, 2006, 03:10:53 AM »
I am always on the lookout for "family" movies that I can watch with my nephews.  And the other day in my grocery store (I know, very goofy selling movies at the grocery) I found the movie "Madison".

The title is from the name of the port city (at one time the second busiest port in the U.S.) in Southern Indiana named Madison.  It stars the kid from Star Wars I and the guy who played Hayzeus in "Passion of the Christ".  The story line is about powerboat racing.

It is a true life underdog story similar to "Hoosiers" or "Breaking Away".  No special effects (although toward the end they do splice in the actual ABC Woldworld of Sports footage with a young Keith Jackson), no car chases or gunfights, just  a solid movie with a positive theme--don't quit.

Good one to watch with the kids.Smiley
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 01:49:37 PM »
If you haven't already, check out Second Hand Lions.
Great flick.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Telperion

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 06:17:54 PM »
"Millions" would also be a good kid/family film.  Whimsical, but a good fable without being cloyingly saccharine.  

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0366777/