Author Topic: 2nd amendment ron paul email  (Read 14746 times)

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Re: 2nd amendment ron paul email
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2012, 08:57:29 PM »
So should we give everyone a single nuke, all of them with the same yield, and dismantle the rest?

"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2012, 01:01:52 AM »

From what, harsh words?  We have the ability to protect ourselves.  We have the ability to retaliate and make Iran uninhabitable for the next million years. 

Dear Iran,
Nice nuke you have there. It's so cute!
Use it, and we will turn your cities into glass parking lots.

XOXO

U.S.

PS:  If you'd like to sell us some oil, ring back, yo!

Somalia...whens the last time they've had a functioning governemnt? Only thing that makes them a nation is the borders of the surrounding nations.

Times have changed.  What we don't have any longer is the ability to preserve western culture, our legacy and heritage, from maniacs bent on existential obliteration. Sure, we can retaliate, but, honestly, retaliating after London, Paris, Rome, and/or New York is vaporized will be cold comfort.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2012, 01:38:54 AM »
What is to say Iran doesn't have the same duty to protect itself?

Sorry, you cannot decry Iran pursuing nuclear weapons, and in the same breath defend our possession of them, without being a hypocrit.

They are lead by a bunch of nutcase savages? 

If you can not ascertain that there is some difference between the USA and Iran, and Iran is the lesser by the comparison, your moral sense is crippled.

Exactly. All nations are not created equal.

Ayup.

Relations between nations are in a state of nature, not in a classroom.  "Nature red in tooth and claw," to be specific. 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2012, 07:56:02 AM »
well, i'm back,  did i miss anything?    [popcorn]
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2012, 09:10:17 AM »
They are lead by a bunch of nutcase savages? 

If you can not ascertain that there is some difference between the USA and Iran, and Iran is the lesser by the comparison, your moral sense is crippled.

Ayup.

Relations between nations are in a state of nature, not in a classroom.  "Nature red in tooth and claw," to be specific. 

I know precisely what difference there is.

I'm just really damn tired of the US getting involved in wars on a moral basis, that they later won't allow us to win because the gorram whiny little women running the country, and the voters, don't actually have the stomach for war.

Here's how it will go down:

American people : ZOMG THEY HAVE NUKES, WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING

*numerous sanctions and half measures, until we finally provoke something silly from iran*

American People : ZOMG THATS ENOUGH, LETS INVADE

American Soldiers: OK, let's go kick some ass in the name of justice and freedom and such

*American soldiers go kick some copious amounts of ass *

Whiny Bitch American People :We are killing way to mean-like. We need to be nicer about the killing

*Insurgency starts*

Whiny bitch american people: ZOMG YOURE KILLING PEOPLE!

American Soldiers: Uh... yeah.

*American soldiers start dying more and more frequently because their hands are tied, and the enemy knows it.*

American People, hypocrits and sissies: ZOMG THIS WAR IS ILLEGAL

I've been involved in enough of this *expletive deleted* this decade. I'm gorram tired of it. Many of us are sick of going to godforsaken *expletive deleted*holes after being ordered to by a fickle public and politicians, then listening to the same group of asswipes talk about how "it's not worth it" a few years later.

*expletive deleted* that. Leave iran alone. Let them do what they want until Israel obliterates them.

THAT PART OF THE WORLD'S PROBLEMS ARE THEIR OWN.

No more american soldiers need to die because Americans are bloodthirsty, then lose that thirst when the realities of war set in. I'm *expletive deleted*ing tired of it. Enough is enough.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2012, 09:22:57 AM »

I'm just really damn tired of the US getting involved in wars on a moral basis, that they later won't allow us to win because the gorram whiny little women running the country, and the voters, don't actually have the stomach for war.

*numerous sanctions and half measures, until we finally provoke something silly from iran*

American Soldiers: OK, let's go kick some ass in the name of justice and freedom and such

Whiny Bitch American People :We are killing way to mean-like. We need to be nicer about the killing

*Insurgency starts*

*American soldiers start dying more and more frequently because their hands are tied, and the enemy knows it.*

I've been involved in enough of this *expletive deleted* this decade. I'm gorram tired of it. Many of us are sick of going to godforsaken *expletive deleted*holes after being ordered to by a fickle public and politicians, then listening to the same group of asswipes talk about how "it's not worth it" a few years later.

*expletive deleted* that. Leave iran alone. Let them do what they want until Israel obliterates them.

No more american soldiers need to die because Americans are bloodthirsty, then lose that thirst when the realities of war set in. I'm *expletive deleted*ing tired of it. Enough is enough.
+ INFINITY
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2012, 09:39:58 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2012, 11:13:28 AM »

*Insurgency starts*

Different issue than what I addressed.

I agree with a good bit of what you wrote, if not the hysteric tone.  Thing is, democracies (which is what we have degenerated into) have always had the same problem.  Read a bit about Athens and its wars.  If you had lost or even not won as the citizenry desired, you would face trial and exile/execution.  Maybe why the COTUS set up a Republic and the Articles of Confederation were even less subject to popular influence.

Last, you don't like the American people, get your ass out of their service and find your self a better country.  There is no draft anymore.  No one put a gun to your head and said, "Join or else."  No one at the border saying "You may not leave."  
Tell us if you find some place better, 'cause I might be interested.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2012, 11:35:13 AM »
Easy to have that perspective from a nice, safe living room.

Let me ask you this: you think things haven't changed since I joined?

You don't think it's possible for circumstances to be different during the term of one's service?

Have you ever served in the military? because if you had, maybe you'd understand that we have a term of our enlistment. Should America become drastically stupider over the course of that time, as it has, we can't just "quit." If a new congress and president come into office who wipe their collective asses with the constitution we're sworn to uphold, we can't just leave

We have to wait until our obligation is over. Maybe I should not have come back into the military to attempt to do some good. I dunno. Hindsight is 20/20. I'm not going to enter into a discussion with you about why I came back into the military.

Lastly, who the *expletive deleted* are you to tell me to get out of the military? Am i not entitled to hope that there is still something worth salvaging?

Or perhaps you think I don't have the right to have an opinion about the conflicts in which you people send us into?

I didn't say i WOULDN'T fight if sent. I said I was tired of it.

And I, for one, am not comfortable letting things slide into *expletive deleted*, solely because it's the best looking pile of *expletive deleted* around.

Perhaps you are.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:45:42 AM by Fitz »
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2012, 11:58:18 AM »
Easy to have that perspective from a nice, safe living room.

Let me ask you this: you think things haven't changed since I joined?

You don't think it's possible for circumstances to be different during the term of one's service?

Have you ever served in the military? because if you had, maybe you'd understand that we have a term of our enlistment. Should America become drastically stupider over the course of that time, as it has, we can't just "quit." If a new congress and president come into office who wipe their collective asses with the constitution we're sworn to uphold, we can't just leave

We have to wait until our obligation is over. Maybe I should not have come back into the military to attempt to do some good. I dunno. Hindsight is 20/20. I'm not going to enter into a discussion with you about why I came back into the military.

Lastly, who the *expletive deleted* are you to tell me to get out of the military? Am i not entitled to hope that there is still something worth salvaging?

Or perhaps you think I don't have the right to have an opinion about the conflicts in which you people send us into?

I didn't say i WOULDN'T fight if sent. I said I was tired of it.

And I, for one, am not comfortable letting things slide into *expletive deleted*, solely because it's the best looking pile of *expletive deleted* around.

Perhaps you are.

Take a pill and shove the "I'm a veteran, who the hell are you?" card up your fourth point of contact.  Cheap, cheap, cheap grace.

I am a citizen and my tax dollars are paying your salary when you do Uncle Sam's bidding.  Matter of fact, I pay more in taxes per year now than I received in salary & benefits as Uncle Sam's indentured servant.  Done my time, paid my way. 

That is who I am, jackwagon.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2012, 11:59:29 AM »
roo_ster to piggy back on what Fitz said, why shouldn't the members of the Military be able to complain.  With your logic then anyone on here that complains about his/her job should just shut the *expletive deleted*ck up and move on.  I mean no one is holding a gun to their head and forcing them to hold down a job.  This is our job and our job protects your freedom to say stupid *expletive deleted*it without forethought.  Hell if anyone has the right to complain about the direction our country is headed it is the Military.  We are the ones that always seem to get the short end of the shaft.  You are right no one forces us to join but if we didn't who would?

I've given my country almost 16 years of service and plan on giving it at least another 6.  My wife and children don't like it but yet they support it and understand my reasons.  I do it because yes our country maybe *expletive deleted*ed up right now, but there sure the hell isn't another one on this planet that is any better.  And I plan on keeping it that way and hopefully live to see the day it gets better.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »
Take a pill and shove the "I'm a veteran, who the hell are you?" card up your fourth point of contact.  Cheap, cheap, cheap grace.

I am a citizen and my tax dollars are paying your salary when you do Uncle Sam's bidding.  Matter of fact, I pay more in taxes per year now than I received in salary & benefits as Uncle Sam's indentured servant.  Done my time, paid my way.  

That is who I am, jackwagon.

Take your "I pay your salary so do what I say and don't question it"

and shove that up your fourth POC, guy.

You don't get to dismiss someone's opinion just because they're in the military.

Congratulations on not addressing any of the other parts of my post, though. I'd still like you to explain to me why I'm not allowed to have an opinion about the wars I fight in. I'd also still like you to explain how I'm just supposed to "get out" before my ETS.

You got hostile way before I did, with your "get the hell out" bull*expletive deleted*.

I think i'm entitled to have an opinion and a perspective on the state of american-islamic conflict.

Also, my military service is no longer full time, so you don't get to play the "i pay your salary" card. Thanks for playing that card, though. It REALLY makes your "cheap" accusations effing hilarious.

Thanks for clarifying that you served though. Thank you for your service. Just for perspective, and because I'm curious, how much of your service was in wartime?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:05:41 PM by Fitz »
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »
Last, you don't like the American people, get your ass out of their service and find your self a better country.  There is no draft anymore.  No one put a gun to your head and said, "Join or else."  No one at the border saying "You may not leave."  

On another note: Uh, No.  My oath was to support and defend the "Constitution of the United States".  The "American People" aren't mentioned.  I don't have to like them to do my job.  In fact the "American People" seem to be overwhelmingly arrogant, petulant little shits.  My job is to defend America so that those little shits have the freedom to be arrogant and so mind numbingly naive.  No where in the entire concept of military service do I need to like the people.  If your serving in the military out of fondness for people, or any one person, you're doing it wrong.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2012, 12:29:35 PM »
Take your "I pay your salary so do what I say and don't question it"

and shove that up your fourth POC, guy.

You don't get to dismiss someone's opinion just because they're in the military.

Congratulations on not addressing any of the other parts of my post, though. I'd still like you to explain to me why I'm not allowed to have an opinion about the wars I fight in. I'd also still like you to explain how I'm just supposed to "get out" before my ETS.

You got hostile way before I did, with your "get the hell out" bull*expletive deleted*.

I think i'm entitled to have an opinion and a perspective on the state of american-islamic conflict.

Also, my military service is no longer full time, so you don't get to play the "i pay your salary" card. Thanks for playing that card, though. It REALLY makes your "cheap" accusations effing hilarious.

Thanks for clarifying that you served though. Thank you for your service. Just for perspective, and because I'm curious, how much of your service was in wartime?

OK, Einstein, show me where I wrote you don't get to express your opinion (somewhere outside of your overheated imagination) and I'll answer your bill of particulars.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2012, 12:31:21 PM »
roo_ster to piggy back on what Fitz said, why shouldn't the members of the Military be able to complain.  With your logic then anyone on here that complains about his/her job should just shut the *expletive deleted* up and move on.  I mean no one is holding a gun to their head and forcing them to hold down a job.  This is our job and our job protects your freedom to say stupid *expletive deleted* without forethought.  Hell if anyone has the right to complain about the direction our country is headed it is the Military.  We are the ones that always seem to get the short end of the shaft.  You are right no one forces us to join but if we didn't who would?

I've given my country almost 16 years of service and plan on giving it at least another 6.  My wife and children don't like it but yet they support it and understand my reasons.  I do it because yes our country maybe *expletive deleted*ed up right now, but there sure the hell isn't another one on this planet that is any better.  And I plan on keeping it that way and hopefully live to see the day it gets better.

Again, outside of Fitz's fevered imagination, show me where I wrote that.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2012, 12:34:17 PM »
Again, outside of Fitz's fevered imagination, show me where I wrote that.

You may not have said the words but the implication was there.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2012, 12:37:29 PM »
This round of fitzteria is very funny, given that I wrote, "I agree with a good bit of what you wrote..." in response to his indictment of the American people.

You may not have said the words but the implication was there.

IOW, you got nuthin' except Fitz's emotion and excessive use of caps to go on.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »
Fitz,you'll make LOTS of allies with this sort of reaction to someone who agrees with most of what you wrote.

Enjoy yourself.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2012, 12:51:54 PM »
This round of fitzteria is very funny, given that I wrote, "I agree with a good bit of what you wrote..." in response to his indictment of the American people.

IOW, you got nuthin' except Fitz's emotion and excessive use of caps to go on.

Last, you don't like the American people, get your ass out of their service and find your self a better country.  There is no draft anymore.  No one put a gun to your head and said, "Join or else."  No one at the border saying "You may not leave." 

I take that as implying that we in the military don't have the right to bitch.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
How about everyone just stop, think,  and then shove it?  :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”