Author Topic: End oil subsidies ...  (Read 1472 times)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
End oil subsidies ...
« on: May 10, 2015, 11:34:33 PM »
And give the money to the ethanol industry.   :facepalm:

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/241176-carson-in-iowa-use-oil-subsidies-for-ethanol

Carson ain't ready for prime time.
Formerly sumpnz

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: End oil subsidies ...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 11:55:07 PM »
And give the money to the ethanol industry.   :facepalm:

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/241176-carson-in-iowa-use-oil-subsidies-for-ethanol

Carson ain't ready for prime time.

Like I wrote in the past, POTUS should not be the first executive post someone takes.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 01:39:11 AM »
Wow.  Just wow.
How much more neocon can he get.
I wouldn't even pretend he's electable, at least he's not conservative, too!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 02:10:32 AM »
Should be interesting to see how he tries to spin  his way out of this
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 07:57:34 AM »
Ethanol has become a 4 letter world with the Democrats also. Mostly because of how many acres that should not be row cropped have been taken out of CRP (and other programs) and put back into production. Soil erosion has returned, and most of there are not closed watersheds, so all the silt, clays and excess nutrients flow down stream to somewhere else.

So it makes the water purification more expensive to the downstream users, adds to the hypoxia zone in the gulf and degrades a limited natural resource (the soil).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:56:11 AM by charby »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 08:19:54 AM »
Like I wrote in the past, POTUS should not be the first executive post someone takes.

Yep. This is why I'm not gung-ho on Senator Cruz, either. I love his positions, but I haven't seen proof of his governing ability.

I'm hoping Governor Jindal catches on.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 12:18:49 PM »
Yep. This is why I'm not gung-ho on Senator Cruz, either. I love his positions, but I haven't seen proof of his governing ability.

I'm hoping Governor Jindal catches on.

There is a large segment on the right that gets all atwitter over anyone who says what they wanna hear. Not that different from the way the Obama fans in that respect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 01:57:05 PM »
There is a large segment on the right of humanity that gets all atwitter over anyone who says what they wanna hear. Not that different from the way the Obama fans in that respect

FTFY. It's unfortunately universal. You only have to fool most of the people most of the time.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 05:07:44 PM »
Wow - it sure didn't take this guy long to catch Potomac Fever.  :facepalm:

(Besides, fed.gov makes more $ in taxes on a barrel of oil than the oil company makes profits, and even at the local level, fuel taxes collected at the pump are diverted to numerous other programs . . . so who's actually subsidizing who?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 06:08:53 PM »
(Besides, fed.gov makes more $ in taxes on a barrel of oil than the oil company makes profits, and even at the local level, fuel taxes collected at the pump are diverted to numerous other programs . . . so who's actually subsidizing who?)
And I wouldn't care a bit about that if the FedGov wasn't also taking a big chunk of my income as well as the income of the oil companies.  The gas tax is a good example of the type of taxes the FedGov should be collecting.  The income tax is one that should go away.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 06:11:45 PM »
There is a large segment on the right that gets all atwitter over anyone who says what they wanna hear. Not that different from the way the Obama fans in that respect

Yeah, people end up hearing good sound bites and immediately wonder why we don't make that guy President.  We ought to looking into this stuff a bit more before deciding.  It takes more than one or two good issue positions to make a good President.  That he is a minority magnifies the issue.

I have probably been guilty of it before myself.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge