Author Topic: "first 'hispanic' president": Bill Richardson  (Read 1847 times)

Stand_watie

• friend
"first 'hispanic' president": Bill Richardson
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:27:06 PM »

Just how "hispanic" do you think this guy really is? To me he looks and sounds just as anglo as me, just with a better tan. Do you think he'll really strike a sympathetic chord (racially speaking) with our hispanic community?

Tommorrow I'm going to ask my "hispanic" (American of Mexican mestizo decent co-workers) whether they think of him as anglo or hispanic.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
Re: "first 'hispanic' president": Bill Richardson
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 01:28:06 AM »
For the record: Father is half Spaniard, Mother is half Spaniard, half Mexican.
And yes, the Hispanics here love him.
Now, as to my feelings

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 06:34:20 AM »
it looks like he was saying the fish was this big....but we know better.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Furious Styles

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 06:44:35 AM »
I have it on very good authority (as in, has stood next to him and dealt with him) that he's a treacherous POS.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 07:02:30 AM »
Scum. Pig. Law breaker.

ps: Furious, your avatar is freaking me out.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 07:12:32 AM »
As demographics continues to change, many politicians will discover matching fractional ethnic heritage...

Also, I think "Hispanic" is a really silly term, invented by divisive racist liberals. Nowadays it is used as if it denotes some mythical separate race, when such does not really exist. "Hispanic" people are descendents of Europeans and American natives, in varying proportions. How can they be a separate race then? That's like saying when you mix Europeans with Asians, you get a new race, Eurasians. Shall we then have all permutations be separate races? Liberals would love that.

Richardson and Fox are in the same boat, IMO. Whites dressing as "Hispanics".

Furious Styles

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 07:18:25 AM »
Actually, "Hispanic" is a term that conservative, older people prefer -- like the Cubans who came over in the early 60s. "Latino" is the preferred term for younger, more politically "progressive" (I hate the fact that they think that all change is good) types.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 09:01:16 AM »
Living in the southwest, I know lots of people with Spanish surnames that are white as a sheet, and lots who have names like "Smith" who look like they just got off the truck from Sonora.

Some married into or out of a Mexican family, and some anglicized their names upon immigrating.

One of my chiefs got his last name when his grandfather immigrated and picked his new  surname off the side of a truck.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 10:50:04 AM »
This reminds me of the Chappelle show episode where they were hashing out racial groups in a courtroom, trying to decide things like whether blacks can claim Tiger Woods, and somehow the Wu-tang clan ended up with the asians...
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 10:51:45 AM »
^ that was a funny one.

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 03:18:03 PM »
On the other hand, it was Richardson who pushed concealed carry through, and told the anti-ccw mayor of Albuquerque to stand down from his attempts to have it declared unconstitutional.

What his ulterior motive was (there always is, isn't there?), I don't know.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 04:51:47 PM »
I'd sooner vote for a communist than a representative of the Democratic (sic) party: at least the communist is honest about his anti-American intentions.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 07:39:46 PM »
He's just trying to stake out his minority spot to run against the "first woman president."
D. R. ZINN

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 09:26:16 PM »
Folks, unless GW can do a rabbit-hat trick, the Dem's are going to win in 2008.

So, who would you rather have?

I've been depressed over the 2006 elections, and I'm already depressed about 2008. I just don't see the Republicans winning back congress or the White House.

Given that scenario, the best Democrat I'd like to see win is Richardson. I'm not going to vote for him, but he's the best of the worst.

However, if any of the Democrats wins based on his/her opposition to the Iraq war, then I really fear for our country.

Iraq is not VietNam. We're not over there to prop up some government that we were bound to support by treaties like SEATO.

And, if we just run at the earliest convience, then God help us, because we'll never be viewed as a power-player on the world stage again.

The Chinese just tested missiles that can knock out satellites--the very type of satellites that we use for our military, and which give us an advantage over our adversaries.

The Iranians have been testing short-range missiles, ones that can reach and hit our forces in the ME as well as the Israeli's.

If we leave the ME, this won't be like 1974 again. It will be a whole new world.