Author Topic: Inauguration day: predictions?  (Read 4999 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Inauguration day: predictions?
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2021, 08:02:18 PM »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 08:26:45 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2021, 08:17:51 PM »
Starting things off with a bang.  A couple bits from my social media, so YMMV.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1351997373124403201

Looks like some of the NG folks don't have much respect for their CiC.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2021, 12:10:10 AM »
Looks like some of the NG folks don't have much respect for their CiC.

Because the Fraud in Chief doesn't deserve it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2021, 01:49:21 AM »
Speaking of ANTIFA

‘We don’t want Biden — We want revenge!’ Surprise: Antifa, which is just an idea, busy destroying Portland
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/20/we-dont-want-biden-we-want-revenge-surprise-antifa-which-is-just-an-idea-busy-destroying-portland/

Americans didn't give them the violent excuse to be totalitarians so they're making it themselves with their own paramilitary branch of progressivism.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2021, 08:12:20 AM »
.@JohnBrennan: Biden intel community “are moving in laser-like fashion to try to uncover as much as they can about” the pro-Trump “insurgency” that harbors “religious extremists, authoritarians, fascists, bigots, racists, nativists, even libertarians” pic.twitter.com/SjVXWhPhR8

— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) January 20, 2021
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2021, 08:27:32 AM »
First they come for the "terrorists", then they come for everyone. It's true.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2021, 08:29:36 AM »
Niemuller: JC on a pogo stick, how many verses long do I have to make this thing?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2021, 08:55:19 AM »
#NotMyPrecident
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2021, 11:14:36 AM »
Time magazine is apparently proud of this "edgy" cover.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1352225682479329281

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2021, 11:21:38 AM »

They left out the pile of *expletive deleted*it on the chair
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2021, 11:26:08 AM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2021, 11:28:41 AM »

Antifa raided the White House?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

griz

• friend
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2021, 11:48:19 PM »
Glad it's over and happened without incident.  The irony just hit me:  The same people who want to defund the police called for 25,000 troops to enforce the law.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2021, 08:57:16 AM »
Glad it's over and happened without incident.  The irony just hit me:  The same people who want to defund the police called for 25,000 troops to enforce the law.

And then they stored the troops in a parking garage. It was the last straw for Texas, and Abbott recalled all his Guardsmen.

All this for nothing but a progressive (and some Rs) show, and further gaslighting about "insurrectionists". The troops would have been better used in Portland and Seattle, where there actually is violence that the dems continue to ignore.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2021, 09:01:27 AM »
I'll just sit here and hold my breath for them to hold Madam Speaker accountable for the troops being tossed. She is in charge of the capital grounds.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2021, 09:03:14 AM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/1-in-5-charged-in-capitol-riot-veterans-active-duty-2021-1

20% of those arrested in the Capitol riot served in the military, as opposed to 7% of the general population serving in the military.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2021, 09:09:26 AM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/1-in-5-charged-in-capitol-riot-veterans-active-duty-2021-1

20% of those arrested in the Capitol riot served in the military, as opposed to 7% of the general population serving in the military.

Not at all surprising. The Oathkeepers are predominately former (and I guess current) military, and in Idaho at least, the majority of Three Percenters are former military.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2021, 10:14:19 AM »
Biden is facing the equivalent of all the worst things that ever happened to America at the same time! Can't you give him a break?!?

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/01/22/already-making-excuses-wapo-is-pulling-out-all-the-stops-to-lower-expectations-for-joe-biden-with-some-help-from-rahm-emanuel/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2021, 11:54:51 AM »
Biden is facing the equivalent of all the worst things that ever happened to America at the same time! Can't you give him a break?!?

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/01/22/already-making-excuses-wapo-is-pulling-out-all-the-stops-to-lower-expectations-for-joe-biden-with-some-help-from-rahm-emanuel/

“Lincoln had the Civil War, Wilson had the pandemic, Roosevelt had the Depression, Kennedy had the height of the Cold War, and Johnson had unprecedented civil and social strife. Biden has D, all of the above” —
@RahmEmanuel
 to
@AshleyRParker

Kind of leaves out that much of what Biden is facing is self-inflicted by Democrats. 

How much of the social strife in the 60's was due to the Vietnam War which Johnson had a big hand in creating.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2021, 01:38:29 PM »
But I though this only happened at Trump rallies

‘Biden admin off to a smashing start’: Hundreds of Nat’l Guard in DC ‘packed together like sardines’ test positive for Covid-19
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/01/22/biden-admin-off-to-a-smashing-start-hundreds-of-natl-guard-in-dc-packed-together-like-sardines-test-positive-for-covid-19/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2021, 02:33:28 PM »
Just so y’all know the NPC line about the shitty treatment of the Guardsmen is “It’s what they signed up for”
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2021, 08:35:05 AM »
As a follow up, the FBI made a big deal about armed marches and potential violence by "the radical right"  at all 50 state capitols. No one at all showed up in Idaho, and apparently that was the case in other states as well. In fact I haven't heard of any violence at all by conservatives on the day of these marches.

https://idahodispatch.com/did-an-armed-march-take-place-at-idahos-capitol-today/

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2021, 09:52:58 AM »
The sad part is that despite what is obvious, they will still do what ever the majority in government tells them to do, be it asking how high to jump, or firing on US Citizens.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"