Author Topic: I like their style. Buy from these companies if you are able.  (Read 6089 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: I like their style. Buy from these companies if you are able.
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 10:02:28 PM »
I don't feel sad at all for anyone in a less free state losing their jobs when the politicians run their state in the ground.  Move somewhere more free, leave those politics behind.

While I support companies moving, we simply cannot write off every state.  We need to do what we've done with CCW/LTC.  Win back each state one at a time.  If we keeping running/moving from one state to another, they simply follow us and overwhelm us with numbers.  We need to stand and fight everywhere.

Recall Captain John Parker's words at Lexington Green

"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
I promise not to duck.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 09:14:34 PM »
While I support companies moving, we simply cannot write off every state.  We need to do what we've done with CCW/LTC.  Win back each state one at a time.  If we keeping running/moving from one state to another, they simply follow us and overwhelm us with numbers.  We need to stand and fight everywhere.

Recall Captain John Parker's words at Lexington Green

Not proud of myself for this sentiment, no, not at all.  But I was somehow able to contain my compassionate instincts when Sandy and then Nemo visited our friends in the Northeast.  How's that Blue model workin' for ya there, buckaroo?

If we fight everywhere, we may not win anywhere.  Pick the battles you can win, and win them big.  Consider what the map looks like. 
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 09:53:14 PM »
Another bump for York Arms. 

Wally is good people.  I've got a couple of ARs based on his lowers.  Love that you can customize pretty much everything on them.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 10:42:47 PM »
Daniel Defense is now on the Good Guy's list.
I promise not to duck.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 08:38:34 AM »
Daniel Defense is now on the Good Guy's list.

Did they release a statement or something? The googles didn't reveal anything when I searched.
Andy

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 03:47:50 PM »
I prefer not to buy from companies based in NY or IL. Don't like my revenue supporting those .gov's even indirectly.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 08:50:56 AM »
Not proud of myself for this sentiment, no, not at all.  But I was somehow able to contain my compassionate instincts when Sandy and then Nemo visited our friends in the Northeast.  How's that Blue model workin' for ya there, buckaroo?

If we fight everywhere, we may not win anywhere.  Pick the battles you can win, and win them big.  Consider what the map looks like.  

Uh huh.

I don't know which state you live in. You realize statistically speaking, your state probably does not trump Pennsylvania when it comes to firearms freedom. We have 1 firearm law that forbids all others. It specifically makes infringing on firearm rights by law enforcement a crime, with listed offenses. We have a $25 LTCF (which grants more than just concealed carry rights) good for 5 years, with must-issue for anyone that can legally own a firearm. It's specifically a crime (see above) if they charge an extra penny. I guarantee we have more hunters, gun owners and firearms. Self-defense is in our state constitution, and is more strict wording than the Second Amendment. We have Castle doctrine and civil immunity.

Short of codifying "Screw you feds, we'll blast ya if ya enforce your shine or gun laws!" into law (I have heard state politicians essentially say this, at public rallies), what else could you ask for?

Vermont was the first Constitutional carry state. New Hampshire's motto is "Live Free or Die", which is reflected in their firearm laws. Maine is nearly as good as PA.

If you can't trump all of the above, you are correct that you shouldn't feel proud. You should feel ashamed.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:54:07 AM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 06:27:59 PM »
Apparently more companies are signing on.

Bullwater Enterprises
Westfork Armory
Smith Enterprise
Alex Arms
Spike’s Tactical
Quality Arms
Liberty Suppressors
Doublestar Corp
American Spirit Arms
Trident Armory
Head Down Products
J&G Sales

Good stuff. I already liked JG sales and Spike's.  A couple of them are calling Armalite out as well.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 08:32:33 PM »
Uh huh.

I don't know which state you live in. You realize statistically speaking, your state probably does not trump Pennsylvania when it comes to firearms freedom. We have 1 firearm law that forbids all others. It specifically makes infringing on firearm rights by law enforcement a crime, with listed offenses. We have a $25 LTCF (which grants more than just concealed carry rights) good for 5 years, with must-issue for anyone that can legally own a firearm. It's specifically a crime (see above) if they charge an extra penny. I guarantee we have more hunters, gun owners and firearms. Self-defense is in our state constitution, and is more strict wording than the Second Amendment. We have Castle doctrine and civil immunity.

Short of codifying "Screw you feds, we'll blast ya if ya enforce your shine or gun laws!" into law (I have heard state politicians essentially say this, at public rallies), what else could you ask for?

Vermont was the first Constitutional carry state. New Hampshire's motto is "Live Free or Die", which is reflected in their firearm laws. Maine is nearly as good as PA.

If you can't trump all of the above, you are correct that you shouldn't feel proud. You should feel ashamed.
So, then, PA is good to go?  Okay, I will feel real bad about any bad things that happen to them.  Except for Ed Rendell voters. And Phillies fans.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 12:36:59 PM »
Rock River Arms, Bravo Company USA, Smith Enterprises.

They're not huge volume manufacturers... RRA and BCM are mid-size.  Smith is small... but probably the only precision M14 maker left out there.  Definitely the only one left that does EBR-style rigs as a primary product line rather than traditional M14's.

I still see no Colt, FN, Glock, Springfield.  Silence implies consent.

I'm rather surprised to not see Kel-Tec on here.  They seem to be the type of company that SHOULD be on our side... but make firearms that would greatly appeal to LEO's as backup guns.  Their P32/P3AT/PF9 line.  If I were a motorcycle cop I'd have a folding SU-16 somewhere in my bike, or a SUB-2000 mated to my service pistol magazine type.  But they sell MUCH more to the lay market than the LEO market.  It's in their interest to be on our side.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 12:45:45 PM »
Smith is small... but probably the only precision M14 maker left out there.

I take it you don't like Fulton Armory.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2013, 12:57:21 PM »
I take it you don't like Fulton Armory.

Nope, I like them a lot.  Walt has always been kind enough to answer questions I email him in regards to maintenance on my M14, and I've bought both of his books on the M14 and AR-15.  I have a lot of respect for them.

But they changed their logo/name in the last few years to "Fulton ARmory" (emphasis on capital AR) to signify a refocusing on the AR platform rather than the M14.  And they don't specialize in the enhanced battle rifle (EBR) platform.  They're mostly a High Power catering business.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2013, 01:29:13 PM »
M14/M1A rifles don't have to be configured with tacticool stocks just to make them "precision".

Clint and Walt were the ones who explained to me why the ARMS #18 scope mount was the way to go.

I bought one from Clint, and it's been a delight.

It would be interesting to hear their take on selling to LE in ban states...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »
Rock River Arms, Bravo Company USA, Smith Enterprises.

They're not huge volume manufacturers... RRA and BCM are mid-size.  Smith is small... but probably the only precision M14 maker left out there.  Definitely the only one left that does EBR-style rigs as a primary product line rather than traditional M14's.

I still see no Colt, FN, Glock, Springfield.  Silence implies consent.

I'm rather surprised to not see Kel-Tec on here.  They seem to be the type of company that SHOULD be on our side... but make firearms that would greatly appeal to LEO's as backup guns.  Their P32/P3AT/PF9 line.  If I were a motorcycle cop I'd have a folding SU-16 somewhere in my bike, or a SUB-2000 mated to my service pistol magazine type.  But they sell MUCH more to the lay market than the LEO market.  It's in their interest to be on our side.

Keltec had this on FB:

Be expecting a Kel-Tec formal letter as it pertains to sale of Kel-Tec products to states that have unconstitutional arms control laws against its citizens.

Sounds like they're going to.
I promise not to duck.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2013, 03:28:53 PM »
Keltec had this on FB:

Sounds like they're going to.

And there's a "LIKE" for them as well. Wish I could afford to make a purchase from one or more of these companies, but I am absolutely tapped out.