Author Topic: Could these guys win?  (Read 2039 times)

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
Could these guys win?
« on: September 21, 2007, 11:25:13 AM »
Probably not going to happen because she claims disinterest...

But!

Could a Thompson/Rice ticket beat a Clinton/Obama ticket?

It's fairly east to visualize a Clinton/Obama ticket on the horizon. No way Obama is going to win the primaries (I don't think Blacks turn out all that well for the primaries so no help there) and no matter how liberal the liberals think they are when the curtain closes and no one can see they aren't going to vote for a Black guy. The US just is not there yet.

However, I can see Barrack Hussein Obama as Hillary's choice for VP and it would make really good sense for the Dems to put him there. It'd lock up 95% of the Black vote and give the libs who really don't like Hillary an excuse to vote for her.

Thompson is the only viable conservative who can beat Hillary and not because he's that great but because the unwashed masses will recognize him everytime they watch a law and order re-run. Rice is the obvious counter to Obama.

So who wins the presidency in a Thompson/Rice vs Clinton/Obama race?
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Paddy

Re: Could these guys win?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 11:50:16 AM »
Doesn't do much for me, I'd have to hear more.

It's about more than winning.  We 'won' the last two, but we got bigger government, more infringement on liberty and an intractable and expensive 'war'.  I'm not sure what we won.  undecided

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 11:55:57 AM »
I'm not sure what we won.
It's more about what we didn't lose...
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 12:37:59 PM »
Oh lord, NO!

Condoleeza Rice is a fine and bright woman.  But she has never been elected to anything.  She has no demonstrated ability to work within the political system.  She hasnt exactly been aces at State (neither was Powell, another former conservative favorite).
Fred's issue is his lack of experience.  He needs someone to counter that.  A governor with multiple terms under his belt, from someplace other than the South, would be ideal.  If Jeb's last name were anything else I'd push for him (FL not being really south).
And Blacks aren't going to vote Republican no matter what.  If they had a Thompson-Harold Ford ticket, they still wouldnt get elected.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 12:39:32 PM »
Rice, IMO, is one of the administration's unfortunate examples of failing upwards.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 01:14:24 PM »
Yeah, she rose to the level of her incompetence.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 03:39:35 PM »
Rice is too close to the Bush family.  Be done with it.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 04:44:42 PM »
Rice has Bush written all over her (maybe literally for all I know).  I suspect she was a decent enough provost.  And will be again, unless she has a ceremonial role in American nobility or a showcase job as baseball commissioner.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 10:36:33 PM »
With million clamoring for the first "Black" President, no way will Clinton name Obama as Veep.  There'd be weekly assassination attempts.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

christopher

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 09:28:13 AM »
YIKES!!!
Don't be fooled,
again,
VOTE THEM ALL OUT.
Or suffer the consequences.

Do  you  really  want  4  more  years  of:  over-crowded  congested  roads,  under-funded  failing  infrastructure,  daily  gang  violence,  tons  of  drugs  coming  over  our  open  borders,  drugs  sold  on  every  campus,  a  public  school  system  with  a  curriculum  that  prepares  kids  for  nothing,  out-of-date,  over-crowded  class  rooms,  rising  tuition  rates,  long  waits  at  hospital  emergency  rooms,  under-staffed  hospitals,  rampant  disease,  HMOs,  high  taxes,  soaring  gas  prices,  huge  trade  deficits,  crippling  national  debt,  pedophiles  living  next  door  to  you,  etc.?  Because  whichever  problem  we  look  at,  neither  party,  not  the  Republicans  or  the  Democrats  has  a  solution.  They  both  promise  change,  than  pursue  the  same  failed  policies  of  the  last  50  years,  because    politicians  will  promise  anything  to  get  elected. 

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 10:03:05 AM »
YIKES!!!
Don't be fooled,
again,
VOTE THEM ALL OUT.
Or suffer the consequences.

Do  you  really  want  4  more  years  of:  over-crowded  congested  roads,  under-funded  failing  infrastructure,  daily  gang  violence,  tons  of  drugs  coming  over  our  open  borders,  drugs  sold  on  every  campus,  a  public  school  system  with  a  curriculum  that  prepares  kids  for  nothing,  out-of-date,  over-crowded  class  rooms,  rising  tuition  rates,  long  waits  at  hospital  emergency  rooms,  under-staffed  hospitals,  rampant  disease,  HMOs,  high  taxes,  soaring  gas  prices,  huge  trade  deficits,  crippling  national  debt,  pedophiles  living  next  door  to  you,  etc.?  Because  whichever  problem  we  look  at,  neither  party,  not  the  Republicans  or  the  Democrats  has  a  solution.  They  both  promise  change,  than  pursue  the  same  failed  policies  of  the  last  50  years,  because    politicians  will  promise  anything  to  get  elected. 

Do you even realize you revived a dead thread from last year for that incoherent, repeated copypasta?  rolleyes