Author Topic: Hoppe's "smell good"  (Read 4793 times)

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
Hoppe's "smell good"
« on: May 10, 2012, 01:44:37 PM »
Thought y'all might like this. I picked one up at the LGS last week. My truck smells awesome!

http://www.amazon.com/Hoppes-H9AF-Air-Freshener-Pack/dp/B007ED76P8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Hoppe's "smell good"
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
I too love the smell of #9.  =)
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »
I too love the smell of #9.  =)

#9 is OK but I prefer the smell of my 1911 after a cleaning then lube with FP-10.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 07:05:51 PM »
I wonder if you can use that air freshener in the clothes dryer....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 07:58:17 PM »
I bought some last year.  I was disappointed because the smell did not last very long.  I have a bottle of old formula Hoppe's that I use for aroma theropy now and then....chris3

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 02:08:20 AM »
I love that smell.  Bespeaks autumn sunlight crackling through the colored leaves.  Bespeaks a fireplace while you clean the goose gun, with smelly doggy-steam rising off the stil-damp dog lolling by that fireplace. Bespeaks a cool evening after a hot day squirrel hunting.  Before the leaf-burning ban, it mingled enticingly with the smoke of burning leaves from somewhere, reminding you of so many past days spent afield.

Truly, the Lord does not subtract those hours spent with Hoppe's heady aroma from your allotted three score and ten years.

Truly.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:14:59 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 07:05:09 AM »
A friend once told me that he'll know that he found "the one" when he found a woman that smelled like Hoppe's.  Last I knew he was still looking and hoping.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 08:11:22 AM »
A friend once told me that he'll know that he found "the one" when he found a woman that smelled like Hoppe's.  Last I knew he was still looking and hoping.

Well she doesn't smell like Hoppe's, but my wife LOVES to smell it on me...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 10:15:40 AM »

Only thing better to hear is "Of course he bought two grenade launchers. What silly idiot would only buy a SINGLE grenade launcher?"

I am rather fond of Hoppe's. I use Breakfree most of the time, because I got a couple gallons of it for free. But Hoppe's 9 is ... legendary.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 10:24:39 AM »
Only thing better to hear is "Of course he bought two grenade launchers. What silly idiot would only buy a SINGLE grenade launcher? After all, what am I going to shoot, a rifle while he gets a grenade launcher? Please!"

Fixed that for you.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 11:28:38 AM »
I bought some last year. 

When mine loses the smell, I'll just pour some from the bottle onto the cardboard.

I have a bottle of old formula Hoppe's that I use for aroma theropy now and then....chris3

Wanna sell it?
I also think we should petition Hoppe's to go back to the original scent. This still smells good, but isn't quite the same.

Only thing better to hear is "Of course he bought two grenade launchers. What silly idiot would only buy a SINGLE grenade launcher?"

The purchase of a single grenade launcher/gun/knife/explosive device/flare launcher will be viewed as a gift. For me.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »
The purchase of a single grenade launcher/gun/knife/explosive device/flare launcher will be viewed as a gift. For me.

Are the dishes done yet?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 01:23:13 PM »
Are the dishes done yet?
Hopefully at least one colander. For use as a helmet. :O [tinfoil]
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »
Hopefully at least one colander. For use as a helmet. :O [tinfoil]

It better be bullet proof.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 03:16:25 PM »
Are the dishes done yet?

Haven't you done them yet?
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 04:16:02 PM »
Haven't you done them yet?

No. my job is to record duck dynasty.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 10:34:41 PM »
I'm a rebel.

I only use Breakfree.  Never even purchased any Hoppe's.

I like the smell of Breakfree just fine, thankyouverymuch.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 12:37:47 AM »
I used up all my Breakfree lubing my bikes.

No love for FP-10!

Don't get me wrong, Hoppes is a better cleaner but FP-10 makes a pretty gun smell like it looks.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 12:42:32 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 01:07:30 AM »
A close 2nd to Hoppes is Kroil.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 07:31:26 AM »
Wait? Who's giving away granade launchers?

I'll take a few...
 :angel:

I use Gun Scrubber, mostly, but I have mini bottles of Hoppe's 9 that fit just right in the side pockets of my Vera Bradley bag.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »
Are the dishes done yet?

I'll deal with you later.

I use Gun Scrubber, mostly, but I have mini bottles of Hoppe's 9 that fit just right in the side pockets of my Vera Bradley bag.

You have a Vera Bradley bag that you carry gun/gear in? That's so cool! Have you seen the Laurel Burch bags? Similar style but with cats and dogs and a few other critters too.  http://www.colorfulcritters.com/doglovers.aspx

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 01:58:03 PM »
I'll deal with you later.

You have a Vera Bradley bag that you carry gun/gear in? That's so cool! Have you seen the Laurel Burch bags? Similar style but with cats and dogs and a few other critters too.  http://www.colorfulcritters.com/doglovers.aspx

It happened to be the best bag, in terms of size and distrubution of pockets for that day. The fact that it is a over priced designer bag that mom bought me at the Homestead had nothing to do with it.  :angel: (OK, so it's pretty. I like pretty)

http://www.colorfulcritters.com/laurelburchsocksplayingdogandpuppy-lb1069.aspx 

Mom got me those socks. I had no idea where they came from. *drool* now I want more!
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »
Oh god. There are horsies too!!

:O

http://www.colorfulcritters.com/laurelburchsilkscaraquaticmares-lbs178.aspx

So pretty...

Damn you, Mrs. Smith! Damn you!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2012, 03:49:55 AM »

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »
Oh Terry! Is that for me?

It's so tacky that it's cool! Camo and pistols - Love it! My birthday is in two weeks. Do you need my address?

Liz, I almost ordered you a couple pairs of socks yesterday. I was having a "miss my kids" moment (still am) and buying socks is a mom thing. :)