Author Topic: Whites Only Scholarship Creates Outrage  (Read 2704 times)

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
Re: Whites Only Scholarship Creates Outrage
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 03:18:46 PM »

So what if also your European ancestors lived in North American under British, Spainish and French Pocessions before it became the USA?

Then I believe restitution is in order.

Brad

I'm English-Scottish American...
I demand restitution/reperations from the Italians for enslaving/conquering my ancestors. I want it now and I want it to be a lot.

Where's the freaking ACLU when you need 'em.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Cosmoline

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 04:08:40 PM »
So what legally makes me of a particular race? Is their some sort of proof required? If I declare myself Black, am I not Black? Well prove it. Why that guy over there does not have to. I am Black if say I am.

I recommend that the students protesting affirmative action simply declare themselves Black. Let the University then be forced into using the South African style of racial classifications.

That's a brilliant idea.  There is in fact no such thing as "the Black race."  What we know of as "black" in this country is a product of the bizarre one drop rule, which most certainly led to many white skinned people who were deemed "black."  Genetic analysis frequently reveals that "African Americans" have the majority of their ancestory in regions of Germany and Ireland  grin  While "white" people can have genetic roots in Africa or Asia.  My own ancestory includes a bunch of Saamis who were dark skinned and looked like Mongolians.  The whole black/white racial division is a complete heap of dren.  When you mix all this with ETHNIC groups such as Mexicans or "Latins," then the whole thing starts to fall apart. 

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 08:39:26 AM »
Also goes for "White". I'm not white. I'm more putty colored, actually...

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2006, 03:25:24 PM »
You can use this chart (found in the comments section of a blog discussing the IUPUI Black Student Union) to determine your level of "diversity".

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2006, 04:25:19 PM »
I guess since I don't know what my score it on the chart, that automatically fails me? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge