Author Topic: The U.S. Open  (Read 2971 times)

cosine

• Administrator
The U.S. Open
« on: June 16, 2008, 01:09:30 PM »
Now, that was edge of the seat stuff yesterday and today. Rocco Mediate and Tiger Woods going head to head, the 158th ranked golfer in the world keeping right up there with probably the best golfer of all time... exciting stuff!

Andy

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: The U.S. Open
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 01:25:03 PM »
I watched it all day Saturday and Sunday.  Had to work today so I followed it via PGAtour.com and wouldn't you know it, the internet at work was pretty damn slow.

It was a great tourney. I would of rather of seen Rocco win.  He did a hell of a job fending off Tiger but it didn't happen in the end.

All in all, it was one of the best tourney's I've watched. 

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 01:33:10 PM »
I wanted to see Mediate win too, although Tiger winning is better for my fantasy golf team.

Andy

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 01:50:01 PM »
Golf is exciting? 

heh.

That's funny right there.  I don't care who you are.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 01:52:12 PM »
I wanted to see Mediate win too, although Tiger winning is better for my fantasy golf team.

Fantasy Golf?  I've never heard of that...  I'm not sure if it would be more or less boring than Fantasy football.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 02:06:11 PM »

Fantasy Golf?  I've never heard of that...  I'm not sure if it would be more or less boring than Fantasy football.

It's boring, but I got sucked into it, and there are some chances to win golf related prizes, and it only takes 5 minutes a week, so I continue with it.
Andy

anygunanywhere

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 02:57:08 PM »
Saw the 1998 at Olympic and 2000 at Pebble Beach.

Yes, Paddy, golf can be exciting. More exciting than soccer, for certain.

Anygunanywhere

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 04:09:03 PM »
We were watching a live internet feed at the office.

In the middle of the approach shot on the 17th, a storm blew through and killed power, servers, everything.

One of the guys had his fire radio, though, and was able to pick up a local TV broadcast.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 06:00:52 PM »
More exciting than soccer, for certain.
Uh, no.  More exciting than watching paint dry.  Maybe. 
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 06:07:26 PM »
Golf is exciting? 

heh.

That's funny right there.  I don't care who you are.

I agree.
"Edge of seat" and "golf" are two thoughts that do not mix well.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 02:56:33 AM »
I'm guessing Paddy doesn't play golf?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 02:59:59 AM »
What will be interesting is how long Tiger is going to be out now.  He is saying that he might not even be able to play the British Open next month.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 10:48:27 AM »
We were watching a live internet feed at the office.

In the middle of the approach shot on the 17th, a storm blew through and killed power, servers, everything.

One of the guys had his fire radio, though, and was able to pick up a local TV broadcast.

If that happens with football in South America or Europe, there's generally a riot with overturned vehicles.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 05:38:18 PM »
Fantasy golf is me ever playing again.  grin

I've tried and tried and tried.  I just can't do it.  The score card always says you gotta score 72 to get par.  The closest I ever got was 68.   angel
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 06:49:12 AM »
From CBSSportsline.

Woods to have more surgery, miss rest of 2008 season

Tiger Woods will miss the rest of the season because of a left knee that will require more surgery, a person with knowledge of the decision said Wednesday.

Woods had surgery to clean out cartilage April 15, but later suffered a stress fracture while preparing for his return to golf. That's what caused his pain during the U.S. Open, which he won in a 19-hole playoff Monday over Rocco Mediate.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the announcement was not official. Woods was expect to discuss his future on his web site later Wednesday.

http://www.sportsline.com/golf/story/10869927
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 07:04:56 AM »
. . . golf can be exciting. More exciting than soccer, for certain.
I don't know . . . I've seen some World Cup soccer highlights that were pretty darned exciting . . . of course, those film clips were of some of the fans, not the actual players.

I'm guessing Paddy doesn't play golf?
Neither do I  . . . there are better (albeit noisier) ways of killing gophers than dropping little round balls on their heads.

Fantasy golf is me ever playing again.  grin

I've tried and tried and tried.  I just can't do it.  The score card always says you gotta score 72 to get par.  The closest I ever got was 68.   angel
Amateur. I'll bet if I played against you, I could double your score.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain