Author Topic: The end of Cold War I  (Read 518 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
The end of Cold War I
« on: August 29, 2014, 12:40:44 PM »
On Aug. 29, 1991, the Supreme Soviet, the parliament of the U.S.S.R., suspended all activities of the Communist Party, bringing an end to the institution.

bob

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: The end of Cold War I
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 05:32:25 PM »
Color me...skeptical.  For most of them, I think it was more a changing of labels.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 05:33:16 PM »
Color me...skeptical.

I regard the last couple of decades as an intermission, not an end.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 07:45:40 PM »
The cold war never ended, a little shuffling of the players and rosters but that's about it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Re: The end of Cold War I
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 10:40:40 PM »
The cold war never ended, a little shuffling of the players and rosters but that's about it.

WWI never ended, a little shuffling of the players and rosters but that's about it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought