Author Topic: The end of a £800,, 0.60 in 2.5s, 'fastest road car ever'.  (Read 1051 times)

Iain

• friend
Not a graceful end either. Hit a Vauxhall Astra van and then some trees.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/6422215.stm
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
Re: The end of a £800,, 0.60 in 2.5s, 'fastest road car ever'.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 05:19:43 AM »
I am glad the pregnant lady seemed to be alright.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 05:47:52 AM »
Wonder if Earl Scheib or MAACO (or the English equivalent) have ever done work on a Bugatti . . .

Bad week for exotic cars . . .  just a few days ago, I saw a news story about a fellow stateside who'd thoroughly wrecked his Lamborghini . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 05:58:11 AM »
About a year ago, someone plowed into a tree with an original Shelby Cobra and destroyed it and themselves, too, in S. Florida.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 06:38:31 AM »
I read that yesterday.  Man, that is so sad that it's funny.  It'll probably cost as much as the original price just to fix the thing.  Oops.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 06:46:35 PM »
Somewhere, an automotive insurance agent is either weeping or giggling.

I just don't know enough about insurance to know which.

~GnSx

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 02:14:36 AM »
Probably weeping since the cost to repair/replace that machine likely exceeds the cumulative payments to date. 

Chris

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 03:27:38 AM »
Probably weeping since the cost to repair/replace that machine likely exceeds the cumulative payments to date. 
I wonder what the annual premium is for a car like the Veyron . . . probably a case of "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 04:49:48 AM »
I expect nobody would insure it outside of Lloyd's of London.