Author Topic: Obama Strongly Backs Islam Center Near 9/11 Site  (Read 102175 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Obama Strongly Backs Islam Center Near 9/11 Site
« Reply #300 on: August 30, 2010, 02:35:56 PM »
I know Christians that agree with the Westboro Baptists' beliefs, just not their methods.

You know Christians that have told you that God has a special hatred for homosexuals, over and above other types of sinners?  That "deep-dyed faggots" can't be forgiven? (To quote Fred Phelps.)  You know Christians who openly say that only their tiny congregation has any hope of salvation? 

I've never met anyone like that.

In fact, a higher percentage of the Muslims I know (100%) denounce Al Qeda than Christians I know that denounce abortion terrorists(about 70%)
What does this mean?  Absolutely nothing.

True, because Al Qeda is killing the innocent, rather than abortion providers.  Not much of a comparison there.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #301 on: August 30, 2010, 02:39:48 PM »
>Not enough for me, personally.  I want to see rank and file Muslims denouncing Bin Laden in the same volumes and proportions as I see average Christians denouncing the Westboro Baptists and abortion doc killers.<

Just a thought, but I wonder how much a role media plays in this one.

Honestly, every Muslim I've ever met has been rabidly anti-terrorism...

>You know Christians that have told you that God has a special hatred for homosexuals, over and above other types of sinners?  That "deep-dyed faggots" can't be forgiven? (To quote Fred Phelps.)  You know Christians who openly say that only their tiny congregation has any hope of salvation?

I've never met anyone like that.<

Then count yourself very lucky, Fistful. There aren't THAT many of them in the world, but they ARE out there (in both senses)...

They REALLY make you rethink things, like that whole "opiate of the masses" thing...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #302 on: August 30, 2010, 02:46:17 PM »
i have met well one Muslim, that had gotten out of Pakistan into the US and became citizen. according to him, there wasn't a Mosque he could find that wasn't preaching that the US needed to fall. =| take it for what it's worth, i've never stepped into one. :angel:

edit: oh, this was more then ten years ago.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #303 on: August 30, 2010, 03:10:25 PM »
i have met well one Muslim, that had gotten out of Pakistan into the US and became citizen. according to him, there wasn't a Mosque he could find that wasn't preaching that the US needed to fall. =| take it for what it's worth, i've never stepped into one. :angel:

edit: oh, this was more then ten years ago.

The two largest mosques in my metro area are not ashamed to let their tango-symp flag fly.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #304 on: August 30, 2010, 06:19:16 PM »
You know Christians that have told you that God has a special hatred for homosexuals, over and above other types of sinners?  That "deep-dyed faggots" can't be forgiven? (To quote Fred Phelps.)  You know Christians who openly say that only their tiny congregation has any hope of salvation?  

I've never met anyone like that.
I don't think I have met anyone who takes it that far either, but I think many forget that homosexual conduct is just another sin.  Of course, I think many Christians fall into the trap of thinking there are "bad" sins and "good" (or not so bad) sins and that the little lies or adultery they commit are not any different from homosexual adultery.  
They also forget that sin doesn't matter one bit when it comes to salvation and going to heaven.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #305 on: August 30, 2010, 07:47:11 PM »
I don't think I have met anyone who takes it that far either, but I think many forget that homosexual conduct is just another sin.  Of course, I think many Christians fall into the trap of thinking there are "bad" sins and "good" (or not so bad) sins and that the little lies or adultery they commit are not any different from homosexual adultery.  

Sure, but Phelps & Co very explicitly believe that.  There's a big difference between a declared belief and an unexamined belief.  And of course, you'll find very few Christians who believe that homosexuals can't be forgiven, even as an unexamined prejudice.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #306 on: August 30, 2010, 09:42:40 PM »
Null set. :)

If he was drinking that in a strip club, he'd have 9-11 Terrorist status.....

....that was sarcasm, folks.....move along.....  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #307 on: August 31, 2010, 01:52:07 AM »
>Sure, but Phelps & Co very explicitly believe that.  There's a big difference between a declared belief and an unexamined belief.  And of course, you'll find very few Christians who believe that homosexuals can't be forgiven, even as an unexamined prejudice.<

True: every religion has it's fringe elements. And the larger the religion, the larger the fringe is. And the larger the fringe, the more likely it is that you'll have folks willing to ACT on those fringe beliefs.

Which explains why you're more likely to encounter a christian who feels that all non believers should be burned at the stake, than say pagans who believe in blowing up churches. There's roughly the same percentage, but that works out to a bigger number of christian fringe than pagan fringe... ;)

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #308 on: August 31, 2010, 08:30:56 AM »
True: every religion has it's fringe elements. And the larger the religion, the larger the fringe is. And the larger the fringe, the more likely it is that you'll have folks willing to ACT on those fringe beliefs.

Which explains why you're more likely to encounter a christian who feels that all non believers should be burned at the stake, than say pagans who believe in blowing up churches. There's roughly the same percentage, but that works out to a bigger number of christian fringe than pagan fringe... ;)

Uh.  The Christians in India would disagree with you.  =(

But I don't think that's what this argument is about, anyway.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #309 on: August 31, 2010, 10:37:20 AM »
Even as nutty as Phelps is, they haven't blown anybody up (yet).

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #310 on: August 31, 2010, 12:21:35 PM »
Equivalence between the Islamists and anyone else is absurd, by an order of magnitude.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #311 on: August 31, 2010, 05:53:23 PM »
Senator Orrin Hatch also strongly backs the Islam Center near 9/11 site:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/08/republican-orrin-hatch-stands-up-for-cordoba-house-video.php
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #312 on: August 31, 2010, 06:02:25 PM »
>Uh.  The Christians in India would disagree with you.<

Wait, what?

I'm strictly talking about the west here...

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #313 on: August 31, 2010, 06:36:34 PM »
Equivalence between the Islamists and anyone else is absurd, by an order of magnitude.

What exactly is an islamist?
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #314 on: August 31, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »
>Uh.  The Christians in India would disagree with you.<

Wait, what?

I'm strictly talking about the west here...

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but it doesn't seem very connected to this thread. 

If it helps you at all, I was responding to Nitrogen, who claimed to know Christians who shared Phelps' beliefs.  I was pointing out how doubtful that seemed, given the peculiarity of Phelps' doctrine. 

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #315 on: August 31, 2010, 07:56:11 PM »
What exactly is an islamist?

you didn't get the email memo?  if you subscribed to prison planet and wnd you'd be up to date on all the new cool terms :facepalm:
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #316 on: August 31, 2010, 10:10:31 PM »

you didn't get the email memo?  if you subscribed to prison planet and wnd you'd be up to date on all the new cool terms :facepalm:

Ok, would you prefer Muslim terrorists and Muslim supporters of terror?

It's a good term and less clunky than the above.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #317 on: August 31, 2010, 10:12:00 PM »
Or maybe would could bring back "Mohammedan."

(Seems like a good, descriptive word as well.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #318 on: August 31, 2010, 10:19:51 PM »
Senator Orrin Hatch also strongly backs the Islam Center near 9/11 site:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/08/republican-orrin-hatch-stands-up-for-cordoba-house-video.php

Not surprising for a RINO....next example plz...  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #319 on: August 31, 2010, 10:33:23 PM »
Or maybe would could bring back "Mohammedan."

(Seems like a good, descriptive word as well.)

yet the one fool who used it publicly fell over himself apologizing and was shunned
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #320 on: August 31, 2010, 10:41:12 PM »
I am told the Moha-ah-er, the Muslims do not like it because it implies they worship Mohamed.  Of course, a lot of people seem to think they do.   ;/

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #321 on: August 31, 2010, 11:28:48 PM »
What, Moor doesn't work any more?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #322 on: August 31, 2010, 11:44:18 PM »
What, Moor doesn't work any more?
Only WND readers use terms like that.

Didn't you get the memo?

;)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #323 on: September 01, 2010, 12:15:50 AM »
Not surprising for a RINO....next example plz...  ;/

Orrin Hatch is a RINO?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #324 on: September 01, 2010, 12:29:58 AM »
Orrin Hatch is a RINO?

He feels rather personally about the issue, RINO or not.  Mormons have had similar problems.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.