Author Topic: Fox News Article on Jon Stewart Rally  (Read 959 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Fox News Article on Jon Stewart Rally
« on: October 31, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »
Specifically the comment section. It looks like after busing loads of privileged white kids to the Jon Stewart rally, Ariana Huffington bussed them all to the comment section of this article. I almost thought I was at DU instead of Fox News.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/10/30/fear-sanity-and-laughs-dc-rally
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Re: Fox News Article on Jon Stewart Rally
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 02:39:50 PM »
Is it just me?  Most comment sections are just aggravating for me to read.  Newest posts firsts, oldest posts last.  How can you easily follow a discussion like that?

Sorry, Ben.  I'm not trying to go off topic.  It's just that the idiocy of many of the remarks added to the upside down configuration of most comment sections (and this one is inside out along with upside down!) makes it an aggravation squared.

DD

(Yes, I know there's a sort option. But why is the backwards option the default?)
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 04:39:25 PM »
I agree about comments. 

When I first opened this article, I didn't see the comments you were talking about.  I guess they had already moved to the bottom.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
Ah, possibly they've been buried by now. When I first read it this morning, there were around 400 comments, and 2/3s of them were vitriolic attacks on Bush and conservatives, which I thought was amusing coming from people that were supposedly representing a non-partisan, "let's all calm down and get along" rally.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."