Author Topic: Gimmicky products that work  (Read 4223 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Gimmicky products that work
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 12:14:22 PM »
The expandable hose is pretty decent if used in a fairly light duty environment, I got one to keep on the boat and it does what I need without the bulk of a traditonal 50' hose.

Very sensitive to sunlight, however. Don't leave it out.

Not sure where to get one, but a 3/4" mop-up (fire) hose would work great.

I'm not sure that our VFD has ever even bought one.  The feds seem to hand them out like candy at big fires.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2015, 01:33:06 PM »
I pick this up: http://www.asseenontv.com/windshield-wonder-fast-and-easy-windshield-cleaner/detail.php?p=296792 it really cleans windshields well.

I picked up something pretty similar at the dollar store, except that the head was more triangular for getting into acute corners.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2015, 01:56:50 PM »
http://www.walmart.com/ip/HandyBar/15751848

This thing?

Also available here: http://www.amazon.com/Stander-HandyBar-Automotive-Standing-Emergency/dp/B000GUKKMW

Hmmmm, close, but the TV thingamus seemed to have a longer "tang" and some sort of locking/gripping mechanism for stability.

I guess I'll have to look around, but I don't do well prowling around big stores anymore.  More and more, I'm starting to call first and get an exact location for things.  So I guess I'll do that.  So thanks for the heads-up!

Seems like it would be better to get a real one rather than trying to flange something up out of an L-bracket.

¡ Muchas danke !

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2015, 02:33:34 PM »
Hmmmm, close, but the TV thingamus seemed to have a longer "tang" and some sort of locking/gripping mechanism for stability.

I guess I'll have to look around, but I don't do well prowling around big stores anymore.  More and more, I'm starting to call first and get an exact location for things.  So I guess I'll do that.  So thanks for the heads-up!

Seems like it would be better to get a real one rather than trying to flange something up out of an L-bracket.

¡ Muchas danke !

Terry

Then you must mean this:

http://www.carolwrightgifts.com/car-cane-as-seen-on-tv/41278.cfm
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2015, 02:54:30 PM »
The Ron Popeil Rotisserie. Set it and forget it.

Have had one for years. Still works fine. Use it for chicken and an occasional pork roast.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2015, 11:07:26 PM »
Can't remember what they're called at the moment, but they're a set of bits, one end is for drilling a hole in a broken bolt and the opposite end is an easy-out. 

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2015, 11:15:29 PM »
I just load them into GI stripper clips and use the stripper loader.  Virtually no effort on both, same or less manipulations, and also makes ammo storage/inventory much easier.
Whatever floats your boat . . . but I'm having a hard time believing taking boxed or loose rounds and loading them into stripper clips, then loading them into mags, is more efficient/easier than using a LULA. (unless you're using something like a Butler Creek or StripLULA to load the stripper clips?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 12:17:54 AM »
The Ron Popeil Rotisserie. Set it and forget it.

Have had one for years. Still works fine. Use it for chicken and an occasional pork roast.

Reminds me. Nu-wave oven. I don't have one, but know some people that do and pack them when we travel as a squadron. Wonderful portable cooking tool.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.