Author Topic: Man poses for selfie with rattle snake - You will never guess what happens next  (Read 1186 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Anti-venom is expensive because it's hard to milk those tiny little nipples.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Damn you, Darwin!  Your law is supposed to be inviolable.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

TechMan

• Administrator
Damn you, Darwin!  Your law is supposed to be inviolable.

stay safe.

That is what I thought, am am deeply disappointed with the way lawyers (no offense to our barristers) and medical science has somewhat muted Darwin's law.  /sarcasm (somewhat)
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TechMan

• Administrator
Anti-venom is expensive because it's hard to milk those tiny little nipples.

Yes it is.  The Kentucky Reptile Zoo does venom extraction on a variety of snakes.  Here is their price list for venom: http://www.kyreptilezoo.org/?Venom_Extraction:Venom_Price_List  It ranges from $75/gram to $1000/gram.

This is the guy that runs the KRZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG4-9TpZ974

KZR has one of the largest collections of venomous snakes in the world with 2000 snakes in over 125 different species. 

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
What is it lately with guys wanting to blast the heck out of harmless snakes or pose with dangerous ones?  =|
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Err... he uses "One Weird Trick" to waste $150K in a millisecond?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
What is it lately with guys wanting to blast the heck out of harmless snakes or pose with dangerous ones?  =|
Blasting the heck out of things is not new.  Posing with dangerous things before blasting is new to me.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

SADShooter

• friend
"Selfie Syndrome", the relentless compulsion to garner 15 seconds of fame one-upping everyone else's crazy on Facebook or Twitter, to the exclusion of anything resembling reason or common sense.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
"Selfie Syndrome", the relentless compulsion to garner 15 seconds of fame one-upping everyone else's crazy on Facebook or Twitter, to the exclusion of anything resembling reason or common sense.

See, I have children for that.

Hang up with the DCFS. I don't mean I'd put them next to the dangerous animal, just that children's pictures are far more likely to go viral.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought