Author Topic: Reverend Wright Is Offensive  (Read 23578 times)

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: Reverend Wright Is Offensive
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2008, 12:12:05 AM »
I'll be at the Westboro Baptist Church all week...I can trust you all not to jump to conclusions, I hope.

I'll try not to...unless you stay there 20 years and then try to run for President.  smiley
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2008, 02:01:25 PM »
Oh, I probably won't be at every service, so how can I know what the preacher is saying?   laugh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2008, 09:32:44 AM »
I can only assume that you know that Obama's association to Wright is a 20-some year close personal, spiritual, familial, and political relationship.
Which takes what form, again?

Jeremiah Wright is Obama's _____ ?

in Obama's own words MENTOR.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2008, 10:27:02 AM »
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Obama isn't the Dem nominee after y'all have spent all this time and energy demonizing him.  I mean, he's not qualified to be POTUS but that's prima facie.  The lengths the right is going to in order to disqualify him will only work against them.  Then you'll have to turn your venom on Hillary or whoever and by election day, everybody will be tired of your diatribes, rants and character assassination.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2008, 01:21:22 PM »
Go ahead and laugh now.  At yourself.  Everbody else is a-doin it. 

Demonizing?  Very funny.  Obama is what he is.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2008, 02:28:21 PM »
I'm gonna laugh my ass off
Laugh away, Irish: I've wondered about your sanity for a while. It's your occasional lucid point that keeps throwing me off. With this post you've revealed your full credentials as a *expletive deleted*it-stirrer. Nothing more.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2008, 06:36:57 AM »
The Dems will prefer to go down with Obama than deny him the nomination.  After all, they are neurotic if nothing else.  Once Obama was anointed as The One it was all over.  The Dems are just caught up in their own twisted obsessions.  They love victims and will exult in being victims in the 2008 Election.

If they were sane they'd realize Obama will never be President of this Republic, and they'd tell their black constituents that Obama's being rejected not because he's black but because he's red.

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

KBHeiner7

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2008, 02:44:57 PM »
It would be nice to think Wright is inconsequential, but in reality he and his ilk are dangerous.  Preaching about the "white enemy" not only stands in polar opposite of the gospel Wright claims to preach, but works to divide the country Obama so frequently calls to reunite. 

wacki

• friend
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2008, 07:20:30 PM »
I'm still hoping someone can tell me why I should care.

Because he has the ear of the man who stands a 1 in 3 chance of being our next President?  If not for that one key element, he would be irrelevant. 

Chris

This is a poor argument because it can be so easily has been negated by a few words spoken from Obama.  What can not be negated is the fact that Obama sat in the church for 20 years and:

1) ENDORSED the pastor with large sums of money ($22,500 in 2006).  Money speaks more than words and Obama's money implies that he wants Wright to keep on preaching his hate.
2) Obama claimed he knew nothing about these sermons when wright has been given these speeches for well over a decade.

These are undeniable facts that can not be easily dismissed or deemed irrelevant.

longeyes

• friend
the rise of the Obamatons
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2008, 07:24:08 AM »
Unfortunately, they CAN be dismissed and deemed "irrelevant."  Millions have already done exactly that.  You are crippled by facts and reason, and those are so, well, 20th century.

I watched Mr O at a town hall meeting in Bend, OR last night, courtesy of C-SPAN.  Not only was Obama not "eloquent," he was self-contradicting, platitudinous, and clueless.  That people would fall for this dangerous nonsense and that this guy would be on the verge of actually getting a Presidential nomination is ominous in the extreme.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: the rise of the Obamatons
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2008, 09:10:38 AM »
Unfortunately, they CAN be dismissed and deemed "irrelevant."  Millions have already done exactly that.  You are crippled by facts and reason, and those are so, well, 20th century.

I watched Mr O at a town hall meeting in Bend, OR last night, courtesy of C-SPAN.  Not only was Obama not "eloquent," he was self-contradicting, platitudinous, and clueless.  That people would fall for this dangerous nonsense and that this guy would be on the verge of actually getting a Presidential nomination is ominous in the extreme.

People fell under Hitler's spell, too.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
Re: the rise of the Obamatons
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2008, 01:22:27 PM »

You know, everyone (right-wingers, too) said that Kerry won the first debate with Bush, hands down.  Despite the fact that he brought up the issue of nuclear disarmament.  AFTER SEPT. 11.  AMERICAN NUCLEAR DISARMAMENT.  I'm still trying to figure out how everyone glossed over that little bit of eighties nostalgia.   rolleyes

BTW, Kerry served in Viet Nam. 

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2008, 02:03:09 PM »

1) ENDORSED the pastor with large sums of money ($22,500 in 2006).  Money speaks more than words and Obama's money implies that he wants Wright to keep on preaching his hate.

That's "A picture is worth a thousand words", as long as its pictures of Ben Franklin. grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

grampster

• friend
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2008, 03:32:50 PM »
"If they were sane they'd realize Obama will never be President of this Republic, and they'd tell their black constituents that Obama's being rejected not because he's black but because he's red.'

One can only hope that those who actually vote are actually sentient enough to figure that out.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2008, 06:33:24 PM »
Obama's eloquence is very much a function of his listeners' biases. For the Dems, he is a messiah because he repeats their feel-good class-struggle terminology in different combinations, while keeping a gravely serious demeanor. To me, he is a bumbling rambling clown who cannot say anything of real substance. I have literally got headaches just trying to piece together and distill something cogent out of his speeches. If other independents have the same reaction to him, the Dems are in for another rude surprise in the style of the two previous elections.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2008, 07:37:41 PM »
For the Dems, he is a messiah because he repeats their feel-good class-struggle terminology in different combinations, while keeping a gravely serious demeanor. To me, he is a bumbling rambling clown who cannot say anything of real substance.

Dead on. 

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2008, 05:45:52 AM »
Obama's eloquence is very much a function of his listeners' biases. For the Dems, he is a messiah because he repeats their feel-good class-struggle terminology in different combinations, while keeping a gravely serious demeanor. To me, he is a bumbling rambling clown who cannot say anything of real substance. I have literally got headaches just trying to piece together and distill something cogent out of his speeches. If other independents have the same reaction to him, the Dems are in for another rude surprise in the style of the two previous elections.

Thank you! And here I was thinking that I just didn't "get it". grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G