Author Topic: Are we being suckered in to war by Israeli interests?  (Read 23994 times)

Seenterman

• friend
Re: Are we being suckered in to war by Israeli interests?
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2012, 12:24:04 PM »
The Chrsitophobes, RSH, and Seenterman would have us rule any small-o orthodox Christian unfit for the presidency because they take their religion and prayer seriously, not just as a chummy social club. 

Yea, like that's anything close to what I said. I think it's dangerous that we have serious Presidential candidates (not really viable but they were seriously running) that claim to be hearing messages from God. What happens when "God" tells them we need to invade Iran. You don't see any problem with people running our country listening to voices in there heads thinking it is of divine origin? Ahmadinejad is the same type of crazy just 100x worse.

Perry and Bachmann.
You forgot Cain.

Has anyone hear spoken to God personally? Maybe we can get this all sorted out, maybe God just has an awesome sense of humor to tell all three of them to run when neither one of the actually had a chance.

Regarding the actual defense of our nation and its allies I'm thought Star Wars was scrapped years ago. I would suggest pouring all the funding we can into the airborne laser weapon system. I remember first hearing about this in the 90's.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11961673/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/pentagon-stays-course-laser-weapon/

If a system like this was actually operational and in wide spread use we'd have very little to fear about Iran getting nukes.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2012, 12:34:13 PM »
Yea, like that's anything close to what I said. I think it's dangerous that we have serious Presidential candidates (not really viable but they were seriously running) that claim to be hearing messages from God. What happens when "God" tells them we need to invade Iran. You don't see any problem with people running our country listening to voices in there heads thinking it is of divine origin? Ahmadinejad is the same type of crazy just 100x worse.
You forgot Cain.

Has anyone hear spoken to God personally? Maybe we can get this all sorted out, maybe God just has an awesome sense of humor to tell all three of them to run when neither one of the actually had a chance.  

Not a single person said God speaks in an audible voice to them.

And yes, as a matter of fact, I speak to God personally every day. He may very well have told all of them to run. I don't think any of them claimed God had chosen them to be the next President, just that He has told them to run.

I'm glad you think that every Christian who believes God speaks is just as nuts as Achmadinnerjacket. It's clear you aren't a Christophobe at all. (I'm stealing that term, btw, roo_ster)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2012, 12:53:22 PM »
That is quite a mischaracterization accurate distillation.

FTFY

Yea, like that's anything close to what I said.

Matter of fact, if you understood orthodox Christianity, you would agree...but without the sarcasm indicating your contempt and doubling down on your ignorance.

Not a single person said God speaks in an audible voice to them.

And yes, as a matter of fact, I speak to God personally every day. He may very well have told all of them to run. I don't think any of them claimed God had chosen them to be the next President, just that He has told them to run.

I'm glad you think that every Christian who believes God speaks is just as nuts as Achmadinnerjacket. It's clear you aren't a Christophobe at all. (I'm stealing that term, btw, roo_ster)

Pretty much and you are welcome to it.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2012, 01:36:10 PM »
I speak to God personally every day.

Ok, but does he speak back to you? That's the point. When you start to claim you have some divine knowledge why would you listen to anything else. I like how you glossed over my question of what happens when God tell them to bomb Iran. Why don't you try answering that honestly.

I'm glad you think that every Christian who believes God speaks is just as nuts as Achmadinnerjacket.
Of course that's exactly what I believe, its not like I'm a Lutheran. Maybe you should actually read what I typed.

What if Obama claimed God told him every American should have health insurance? Would you believe that?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2012, 04:00:32 PM »
The whole purpose of putting the Shah in power was to gain control of the oil contracts for English state-owned businesses. This isn't even very controversial.

The events afterwards can be easily seen as a long-range result of that.

This is still long-range results of Rome/Persia... hell Greece & Persia.
I promise not to duck.

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2012, 04:11:05 PM »
What constituency is rooting for the end of the world?  

The people who buy the books and follow the writings of:
people like Gerald Celente and others who sell books and go on overnight radio tallking about some coming apocalypse.

Among the beliefs is that all the Jews must return to the Holy Land, and there must be a great battle in the Holy Land for the apocalypse to occur. The people that believe this stuff exist.  They are in my family, and I have met them at the shooting range.  They are politically active, donate to candidates, and they vote.  At the very least, a successful Republican primary candidate needs to be sure not to tick these people off.

Now, on the other hand, given our national debt, our spending, and everything, we very well could see a financial apocalypse in the near future if we can't get ahold of our out-of-control govt. spending.  And that's no supernatural  precogitation either, it is a very real threat to this country's future.

Sounds like a good reason to not waste our blood and treasure on numerous, undue foreign entanglements.  It is also a good reason not to engage in "foreign aid" that is little more than corporate welfare for the Defense industry.    
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:06:53 PM by red headed stranger »
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »
Ok, but does he speak back to you?

yes  in many ways
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2012, 07:03:41 PM »
The Chrsitophobes, RSH, and Seenterman would have us rule any small-o orthodox Christian unfit for the presidency because they take their religion and prayer seriously, not just as a chummy social club. 

They're daaaaaaaaaaaingerous!  Just like the religious nuts over in the ME, sure enough.  Except for the stoning, head chopping, suicide bombing, not allowing women to drive, imposition of theocracy, torture, crushing of homosexuals with stone walls, imprisoning of women who were raped, and a few other points.

Chrsitophobes? Really? ;/

In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2012, 07:30:12 PM »
Quote from: red headed stranger
Now, on the other hand, given our national debt, our spending, and everything, we very well could see a financial apocalypse in the near future if we can't get ahold of our out-of-control govt. spending.  And that's no supernatural  precogitation either, it is a very real threat to this country's future.

Sounds like a good reason to not waste our blood and treasure on numerous, undue foreign entanglements.  It is also a good reason not to engage in "foreign aid" that is little more than corporate welfare for the Defense industry.

While I am not trying to make an argument for more foreign wars or foreign aid, the fact is that both the wars and foreign aide represent a very small part of our expenses.
It's entitlements that are KILLING us.  If we don't get them under serious control, we're doomed.  Trouble is, when we try, those who receive the entitlements start screeching and wailing like stuck piggies.
There are reasons to cut back on foreign aid (which is a great deal more than just sending McDonnell Douglas jet fighters to Israel) but those are really aside from what I'm talking about in this thread.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2012, 08:51:09 PM »

It's entitlements that are KILLING us.  If we don't get them under serious control, we're doomed.  Trouble is, when we try, those who receive the entitlements start screeching and wailing like stuck piggies.

I have found it remarkable that so many members of the Tea Party, being of a certain age, can be pretty enthused about cutting entitlements except Medicare and Social Security.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2012, 11:28:59 PM »
I have found it remarkable that so many members of the Tea Party, being of a certain age, can be pretty enthused about cutting entitlements except Medicare and Social Security.

Well, I can't say anyone should be "enthused" by what we're facing, but we have to face the fact that we need to cut back the spending and fix the debt or we're going to be in for a helluvalotta pain. 
If we could spur the economy we could accomplish a lot by "growing" our way out, which would be great but I'm not sanquine about the possibility of doing so.  Overall, I just don't think it's very healthy for a great many people to get to feel that they have "entitlements" from BigBrother Government.  It gets people dependant on govt., which gives govt. far too much power --- and I would like to see a LOT of that power dry up and blow away like a dog turd in a desert.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2012, 11:28:57 AM »
While I am not trying to make an argument for more foreign wars or foreign aid, the fact is that both the wars and foreign aide represent a very small part of our expenses.

I don't have the numbers but this is wrong is so many ways. Just off wiki the cost of the Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan (drone strikes?) at around 3 Trillion dollars. Add another trillion to for the cost of taking care of the returning vets to 2050. I think you have an overblown sense of the amount of welfare we provide in this country to our citizens and are far under estimating the cost of the wars and the amount of foreign aid given to other countries as well.

If you want to claim welfare is killing this country prove it. You can't just claim so. If you want to cut welfare in this country how about we first stop providing aid to foreign nations so we can take care of our citizens.

yes  in many ways

Next time you talk to God please ask him who the next president will be. I mean he already told Pat Robertson, he'll tell you right.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/trending/2012/01/04/pat_robertson_god_told_me_next_president_s_identity_.html

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
Edited: never mind. this discussion is doomed.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »
I don't have the numbers but this is wrong is so many ways. Just off wiki the cost of the Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan (drone strikes?) at around 3 Trillion dollars. Add another trillion to for the cost of taking care of the returning vets to 2050. I think you have an overblown sense of the amount of welfare we provide in this country to our citizens and are far under estimating the cost of the wars and the amount of foreign aid given to other countries as well.

If you want to claim welfare is killing this country prove it. You can't just claim so. If you want to cut welfare in this country how about we first stop providing aid to foreign nations so we can take care of our citizens.

I said entitlements, which is a great deal more than just welfare.
So I'm wrong about the costs of the war but you don't have the numbers.
Wow.
I'm convinced. [tinfoil]

Lee

• friend
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2012, 11:13:15 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/21/us/jewish-president-threat/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

On a related note - someone finally put words to an idea that has probably been a contingency plan for years...and now regrets it...surprise.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2012, 08:51:29 AM »
Well, I don't particularly like Obama, but still that is intensely infuriating... talk about the tail shooting the dog in the head. Double U Tee Eff

The shocking part is that the publisher must have perceived that such an action was popular enough among his readership to go ahead with the publication of those statements.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2012, 08:53:39 AM »

On a related note - someone finally put words to an idea that has probably been a contingency plan for years...and now regrets it...surprise.

Were this to happen, I would expect Mossad to F-Up the attempt. and for Israel to be crushed like a bug in weeks, as the Islamic world cheers.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2012, 10:00:54 AM »

"Adler could not be reached for comment..."
...because his ass has been bum-rushed by 53 SS agents and he is currently on the bottom of the pile.

I am generally supportive of Israel, mostly due to the excrescent nature of its enemies, and I was trying to come up with something that might change that...
"Give the go-ahead for U.S. based Mossad agents to take out a president deemed unfriendly to Israel in order for the current vice president to take his place and forcefully dictate that the United States' policy includes its helping the Jewish state obliterate its enemies."

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton