Author Topic: Tha "Blue Helmets" are coming!!  (Read 23962 times)

Bob F.

• friend
Tha "Blue Helmets" are coming!!
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:16:06 PM »
This ain't going over well in Texas, & probably not a lot of other places. I'd rather have the Mafia monitoring polling places!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1922193690001/
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Tha "Blue Helmets" are coming!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:07:17 PM »
This ain't going over well in Texas, & probably not a lot of other places. I'd rather have the Mafia monitoring polling places!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1922193690001/

Silly conspiracy theorist, there's no such thing as U.N. personnel involved in American affairs. Move along prole, nothing to see here.  :police:

Seriously though, it does raise an eyebrow.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 10:12:37 PM »
Please, Lord, send them to SC...along with some SEIU members...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 12:52:04 PM »
No,no, no. Send them to Philadelphia, where they can "co-monitor" with the NBPP. The "armed thugs at polling places" vibe should help them feel right at home. We should be hospitable, after all...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 01:41:59 PM »
Chicago, of course.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »
They will only monitor republican-heavy polling districts
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 02:34:29 PM »

Cool -- using the UN to intimidate conservative voters, under the guise of "monitoring" polling places.

Black Panthers must have been unavailable this year.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 02:38:17 PM »
Cool -- using the UN to intimidate conservative voters, under the guise of "monitoring" polling places.

Black Panthers must have been unavailable this year.

Intimidate?  Really?

Heck, I go out in the desert every year around October 24th ("UN Day") with cheap pots from Goodwill and a can of blue spraypaint and practice my 300+ yard headshots.

I pity any UN "authoritahs" that try to intimidate any conservative or libertarian voters.  They won't be looked upon kindly.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 03:39:52 PM »
If the UN is really getting involved, I'm betting sales of rifles will go up quite a bit....

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 03:54:10 PM »
I'm signed up to be an election judge.  If they show up here, I'll do my darnedest to have them thrown out or arrested.
"It's good, though..."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 04:07:11 PM »
I'm sure the pimps are importing from other states as many underage prostitutes as they can to meet the increased demand.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 04:29:11 PM »
I'm sure the pimps are importing from other states as many underage prostitutes as they can to meet the increased demand.

Sad truth...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 04:48:40 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/un-treaties/264121-texas-sparks-international-row-with-election-observers

Texas says "stay the eff away" to the UN.

It sparks all sorts of egos getting bruised and fur standing on end.

I agree with Texas' stance:  The law says that no one is allowed into a polling place for political purposes and must stay 100 feet away unless running the poll or voting themselves.  International observers do neither.  So stay away 100 feet.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 06:58:34 PM »
Please, Lord, send them to SC...
My exact thought.  Never happen.  SC is awash in republican kool aid guzzlers.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 07:06:48 PM »
I suspect that Texas law is easily preempted by the Fed Gov's Constitutional right to make international treaties (as long as the treaty don't violate the Const directly).

Sound and fury, but not actually defensible.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 07:18:36 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/un-treaties/264121-texas-sparks-international-row-with-election-observers

Texas says "stay the eff away" to the UN.

It sparks all sorts of egos getting bruised and fur standing on end.

I agree with Texas' stance:  The law says that no one is allowed into a polling place for political purposes and must stay 100 feet away unless running the poll or voting themselves.  International observers do neither.  So stay away 100 feet.
We enforce the distance rule also.  On Election Day the area immediately outside the polling place is clear.  Then there is an imaginary line across which the area is filled with signs and a usually some campaign volunteers.  If you know the general area, it isn't too hard to spot the polling location.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 07:25:54 PM »
I suspect that Texas law is easily preempted by the Fed Gov's Constitutional right to make international treaties (as long as the treaty don't violate the Const directly).

Another commercial that practically writes itself. Forcing the issue would be political suicide in most of the country.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 07:29:02 PM »

Wow. Way to play into the stereotypes, folks.

OSCE is not a UN agency.

:facepalm:
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 07:30:03 PM »

UN affiliate.

Sort of.

The OSCE considers itself a regional organization in the sense of Chapter VIII of the United Nations Charter and is an observer in the United Nations General Assembly. The Chairman-in-Office gives routine briefings to the United Nations Security Council.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:35:03 PM by ArfinGreebly »
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 07:48:05 PM »

If the Gov. forces the issue, methinks some UN pukes are um....gonna trip and fall on some bullets.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »

Not really.

Technically, ALL our national elections are state elections. That's why some states already have voter ID requirements (mine has required ID since I was first eligible to vote, about 50 years ago) and some don't. Each state gets to set its own criteria. And this is especially true for the presidential election, since we are not actually voting for the president. We are in fact voting for state "electors," who will then go to the electoral college and cast the actual votes for president.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »
My first thought when I heard they were going to Concord, NH, was that it was high time for another open carry rally... preferably outside the hotel where the observers are staying.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 10:11:51 PM »

first you would have to fund the treaty that gives them freedom to violate local elections.  It would be difficult to justify that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 02:07:52 AM »

After checking with their local ACORN office, of course.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 12:39:19 PM »
Not really.

Technically, ALL our national elections are state elections. That's why some states already have voter ID requirements (mine has required ID since I was first eligible to vote, about 50 years ago) and some don't. Each state gets to set its own criteria. And this is especially true for the presidential election, since we are not actually voting for the president. We are in fact voting for state "electors," who will then go to the electoral college and cast the actual votes for president.

This.

I'm serving as the Technical Judge (lead judge) at "my" polling place this year.  Unless you have pollwatcher credentials or are there to vote, NO ONE may be in the polling place.  Period.   If the UN were to show up, I'm asking them to leave and failing that, I'm calling the police.   And voting will be halted until they leave.   
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.