Author Topic: Tha "Blue Helmets" are coming!!  (Read 23963 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Tha "Blue Helmets" are coming!!
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2012, 01:11:42 PM »
But but, it got that way when I was water coloring this morning!

Though then again, voting with finger paint would be appropriate for most of the modern electorate.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »
But but, it got that way when I was water coloring this morning!

Though then again, voting with finger paint would be appropriate for most of the modern electorate.
I believe you are correct, lupinus.  Sad...
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2012, 02:17:27 PM »
How come we can't do an indelible ink finger (purple finger) when voting like in other countries where we try to encourage /assist fair elections?  it would certainly prevent voting twice, and combined with voter ID, effectively eliminate the most common voting issues (intelligible voters through ID, multi-location voters with the ink)

Also, we try to do ID in other countries when we help, why is it wrong here?  All the normal arguments (too hard to get, cost, etc) go out the window when you look at where we do it?

Because it's a racist attempt to deny someone their rights to require them to procure an ID when exercising that right....

and that's why the left demands it be done when buying a gun.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2012, 02:21:01 PM »
How come we can't do an indelible ink finger (purple finger) when voting like in other countries where we try to encourage /assist fair elections?  it would certainly prevent voting twice, and combined with voter ID, effectively eliminate the most common voting issues (intelligible voters through ID, multi-location voters with the ink)

Also, we try to do ID in other countries when we help, why is it wrong here?  All the normal arguments (too hard to get, cost, etc) go out the window when you look at where we do it?

Then the MSM will run all these stories about gangs of masked Republicans grabbing black people off the street, painting their fingers purple...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2012, 02:39:23 PM »

Then the MSM will run all these stories about gangs of masked Republicans grabbing black people off the street, painting their fingers purple...
That's how I spend my Friday nights.

Chris

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2012, 02:40:31 PM »
Because it's a racist attempt to deny someone their rights to require them to procure an ID when exercising that right....

and that's why the left demands it be done when buying a gun.

Oh the mental gymnastics used to explain that one away...

Eventually the discussion comes around to "Republicans only want it because it will keep likely Democrat voters from voting".

Chris

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2012, 07:49:51 PM »

Eventually the discussion comes around to "Republicans only want it because it will keep likely Democrat voters from voting".

Chris

I don't delude myself in thinking that Republicans are leading these efforts because they think it will result in more Republicans voting. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2012, 07:59:48 PM »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/state-dept-texas-cant-arrest-international-election-observers/article/2511845

Hrmm. If they're a private organization, just how the hell do they get to claim diplomatic immunity?

That they are pushing back like that tells me there might actually be a reason to keep them out.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2012, 09:14:54 PM »
I don't delude myself in thinking that Republicans are leading these efforts because they think it will result in more Republicans voting. 

I don't either and frankly I don't care.  You must be a citizen to participate in our govt.  I see no fault with asking people to prove citizenship.  You're asked to provide ID on a regular basis for so many things, it's ludicrous to think that requiring ID is somehow onerous.

Chris

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2012, 10:59:01 PM »

Chris

That's certainly why I want it. Not every Democrat voter is a legal Democrat voter.

I don't either and frankly I don't care.  You must be a citizen to participate in our govt.  I see no fault with asking people to prove citizenship.  You're asked to provide ID on a regular basis for so many things, it's ludicrous to think that requiring ID is somehow onerous.

Chris

Hate speech!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2012, 07:47:32 AM »
Balog,

I am an individualist anarchist so your observation is correct.  I employ the term abolitionist to more precisely define my sentiments.

Just trying to keep the margin of fraud minimized.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2012, 08:16:33 AM »
That's certainly why I want it. Not every Democrat voter is a legal Democrat voter.

The party they vote for is immaterial.  Making it a party issue forces the other side to respond negatively.  Any illegal voter, regardless of who they're voting for, should be blocked.

Chris

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2012, 08:49:29 AM »
The party they vote for is immaterial.  Making it a party issue forces the other side to respond negatively.  Any illegal voter, regardless of who they're voting for, should be blocked.

Chris

Plus eleventy. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2012, 09:25:19 AM »

That is really my goal.  Just some reasonable things to help prevent fraud. 

IMO, the next step or an alternate step is to change the way we register voters.  Currently, we allow 3rd parties help fill out the cards with limited oversight.  I think that needs to change.  I know people want everyone to vote, but I think if people are not motivated enough to get themselves registered, they shouldn't be able to vote. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2012, 09:45:27 AM »
Here in Washington, potential jurors are chosen from the rolls of registered voters.  I noticed a real drop in the quality of jurors once we went to 'motor voter' registration in which getting a drivers license also registered you to vote.  Prior to this, you had to have enough civic responsibility and motivation to actually go and register to vote in person.  As I like to say, the same people you see out driving will be the same people that sit on your jury.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2012, 10:29:57 AM »
That is really my goal.  Just some reasonable things to help prevent fraud. 

IMO, the next step or an alternate step is to change the way we register voters.  Currently, we allow 3rd parties help fill out the cards with limited oversight.  I think that needs to change.  I know people want everyone to vote, but I think if people are not motivated enough to get themselves registered, they shouldn't be able to vote. 

When the politicians start an effort to put a stop to shennanigans like people being "assisted" in voting, boxes of absentee ballots being "found" and so forth, then I'll believe there is a real effort to combat voter fraud.

Not that I'm holding my breath or anything...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »

;/

Those are hooligans, not true anarcaps.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2012, 04:21:52 PM »
;/

Is that the "The USSR isn't really a Communist country!" argument repackaged?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2012, 04:25:44 PM »

;/

Yes, but are they True Scotsmen?
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."