Author Topic: Rebels Shot Down Passenger Plane  (Read 8964 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Rebels Shot Down Passenger Plane
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 07:15:13 PM »
My money is on the RussiansRebels.

As far as I am concerned the Cold War never ended...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 07:20:42 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 07:57:03 PM »

Does anyone else think it strains the imagination that Malaysia could lose two 777's in a few months?  How many modern jet airliners are lost worldwide every year? None? One? Two?  Is it possible this has nothing to do with the Ukraine war at all?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 08:04:51 PM »

Does anyone else think it strains the imagination that Malaysia could lose two 777's in a few months?  How many modern jet airliners are lost worldwide every year? None? One? Two?  Is it possible this has nothing to do with the Ukraine war at all?

This wasn't "lost" it was shot out of the air. Plenty of footage of wreckage and the dead. First one went down, we just don't know where due to incompetence and ass covering.

What exactly do you think happened?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 08:16:39 PM »
I'm curious about how they'll replace the planes.
It looks like the 777-200ER is pretty common,422 made.I don't expect that you could just waltz into a Boeing dealer and fly out with a couple of new planes.
I wonder if they'll be replaced at all,if a different Boeing model will be pressed into service,maybe an Airbus A330?Looks to a layman like a similar plane that they already use.
Conceiveably,the loss of two airplanes could break the airline.

It'll be interesting to see what happens here.

Two planes does strain the imagination.
jeff w

I like onions!

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2014, 08:26:38 PM »
I'm curious about how they'll replace the planes.
It looks like the 777-200ER is pretty common,422 made.I don't expect that you could just waltz into a Boeing dealer and fly out with a couple of new planes.
I wonder if they'll be replaced at all,if a different Boeing model will be pressed into service,maybe an Airbus A330?Looks to a layman like a similar plane that they already use.
Conceiveably,the loss of two airplanes could break the airline.

It'll be interesting to see what happens here.

Two planes does strain the imagination.

Insurance, and they can lease some replacements.

Unrelated incidences.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2014, 08:34:01 PM »

Malaysia found the original plane, realized the circumstances were embarrassing, made up the existence of this flight, sent a specops team into Ukraine to take over a SA launcher, flew the incriminating plane over by remote control and shot it down, with anyone who knew anything about the original incident inside. 

It's so obvious.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2014, 08:36:19 PM »
Insurance, and they can lease some replacements.

An insurance company that has two fork over for two jumbo jets in one year?That could mean bankruptcy.
And just where would the leased planes come from?These aren't Econolines we're talking about.
jeff w

I like onions!

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2014, 08:40:08 PM »
An insurance company that has two fork over for two jumbo jets in one year?That could mean bankruptcy.
And just where would the leased planes come from?These aren't Econolines we're talking about.

Here's some reading for you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviation_insurance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_lease

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2014, 08:52:14 PM »
Malaysia Airlines is already on shaky financial ground.  This might put them under.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2014, 09:19:59 PM »
Here's some reading for you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviation_insurance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_lease
Thanks,I've never had insurance before.Good to know.
Now,find an airline appropriate insurance policy,for a non-US airline,that covers acts of war or terrorism.From what I read the families will likely get compensated.The airframe and crews value though,from what I've read isn't covered.
And as Fly320s indicated,and can be expanded upon here,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines,that airline isn't exactly in the black.
jeff w

I like onions!

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2014, 09:57:22 PM »
This wasn't "lost" it was shot out of the air. Plenty of footage of wreckage and the dead. First one went down, we just don't know where due to incompetence and ass covering.

I have no clue what happened. Just pointing out the odds are astronomical that some little country could lose two jets in a few months.

Until there is a launch signature, or a radar track, some eyewitnesses , an empty launch rack, etc-  the "shot down" seems to  speculation.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2014, 10:07:48 PM »
Until there is a launch signature, or a radar track, some eyewitnesses , an empty launch rack, etc-  the "shot down" seems to  speculation.

Launch signature, radar tracks, smoke trail, etc have all been observed. Wreckage will also tell the tale, because there will be pieces of the warhead with it.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2014, 10:13:30 PM »
I have no clue what happened. Just pointing out the odds are astronomical that some little country could lose two jets in a few months.

Until there is a launch signature, or a radar track, some eyewitnesses , an empty launch rack, etc-  the "shot down" seems to  speculation.

Cheney has stock in Boeing and Airbus.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2014, 12:01:44 AM »
Nobody else is taking a chance. 8:50pm US Pacific time.

Not very many contrails over the Ukraine today.

bob

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2014, 12:23:22 AM »
What woukd RR or W do?  Hint: it wouldn't involve fellating foreign dignataries.
What did RR (Ronald Reagan) do about the Marine barracks bombing in Beirut?

What did "W" do about the Chinese taking of a Navy P3"

I'm definitely not an Obama fan but, what would any other president have done?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2014, 12:32:51 AM »
He could admit that he has lusted in his heart.

Whatever those other presidents have done, they probably would not have said, "Oh, well, I guess that's kind of bad a little, I guess."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2014, 03:38:54 AM »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2014, 03:43:56 AM »
The Ukrainian government (here, plug this into Google Translate if you don't believe me) now backtracked on its statement that the rebels have Buk-1 launchers.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2014, 04:00:08 AM »
Darned convenient how this comes along to distract us all from the border cris...squirrel!

What did RR (Ronald Reagan) do about the Marine barracks bombing in Beirut?

What did "W" do about the Chinese taking of a Navy P3"

I'm definitely not an Obama fan but, what would any other president have done?

Since it is as yet unclear if there were any US citizens on board I'm not sure just how it is the responsibility of the US to take any punitive action.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2014, 10:27:47 AM »
If Obama/the U.S.:

-hadn't needlessly/uselessly sacrificed missile defense in Eastern Europe;
-let the Syria "red line" evaporate;
-been feckless and vacillating on virtually every foreign policy issue since 2009;

the situation might not exist at all. Our foreign policy has enabled these messes by projecting weakness and ambivalence, and ignoring tactics short of "boots on the ground".

What can should Obama do or say now? Not a lot. What could he have done or said previously? Different question...

(edited for . .
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:14:53 AM by SADShooter »
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2014, 11:07:58 AM »
The Ukrainian government (here, plug this into Google Translate if you don't believe me) now backtracked on its statement that the rebels have Buk-1 launchers.

Independent journalists have photographed Buk's in separatist controlled areas, and they have shot down two previous planes.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2014, 11:26:02 AM »
Darned convenient how this comes along to distract us all from the border cris...squirrel!

Since it is as yet unclear if there were any US citizens on board I'm not sure just how it is the responsibility of the US to take any punitive action.

Many news sources say 23 Americans were on board; our state department is trying to figure out what an "American" is....... [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2014, 11:28:24 AM »
If Obama/the U.S.:

-hadn't needlessly/uselessly sacrificed missile defense in Eastern Europe;
-let the Syria "red line" evaporate;
-been feckless and vacillating on virtually every foreign policy issue since 2009;

the situation might not exist at all. Our foreign policy has enabled these messes by projecting weakness and ambivalence, and ignoring tactics short of "boots on the ground".

What can should Obama do or say now? Not a lot. What could he have done or said previously? Different question...

I will, based on the above, amend my earlier post to say that regardless of what other Presidents or politicians may or may not have done / would do in a similar situation, no President in my memory, going back to Carter, has looked as weak as Obama.  Even if they only blustered, they at least blustered about real consequences. When Obama blusters, he blusters about, "If you're not careful, we'll start a Twitter campaign!".

This entire administration seems to think the world is a Utopian university campus, where protest will illicit change, or at least concession, if only to shut the protesting students up and stop them from blocking the door to the campus tofu take-out.

I also wonder if this situation in Ukraine would exist to the degree it does now with an administration that didn't call Mitt Romney crazy for suggesting that the Russian Federation was a potential geopolitical threat to US interests.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2014, 11:30:23 AM »

So they can throw molotov cocktails 6 miles up?