Author Topic: The real problem with millenials  (Read 19607 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: The real problem with millenials
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2014, 09:29:43 AM »
Please tell me you're not asking if the carpet matches the drapes.

I just threw up in my mouth a whole lot.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2014, 09:58:05 AM »
But are you a natural bald or a blade bald?

The road to baldness started in my early 20's (!) and by the time I was in my early 30's, I had the classic horseshoe fringe around the sides and back.  At age 40, I said to heck with it and started shaving my head every day.  My son is 28 now and is on the same road.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2014, 10:20:50 AM »
The road to baldness started in my early 20's (!) and by the time I was in my early 30's, I had the classic horseshoe fringe around the sides and back.  At age 40, I said to heck with it and started shaving my head every day.  My son is 28 now and is on the same road.

Mine's not that bad, but my hair started thinning in my 20's, and now there's more scalp than hair showing on top.

I'd like to take the guys who have thick hair cut to 1/4" long and slap them silly. If they're not going to use it, some of the rest of us would love to have it.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2014, 10:30:02 AM »
I'd like to take the guys who have thick hair cut to 1/4" long and slap them silly. If they're not going to use it, some of the rest of us would love to have it.

This; I'm pretty well set genetically for hair until 70, (much less so for life until 70, though) and I get tired of people trying to tell me I should buzz it or shave it.  I'll do a tight taper on the sides sometimes, and have the barber layer the top to beat the heat in summer, but I'm keeping the classic part-on-the-right as long as I can.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2014, 11:55:02 AM »

I'm one of those guys.  My hair is thick, wavy, and takes a set (not quite as curly as a "jewfro").  If my hair has any length, I can't wear hats, can't put on headphones, can't even take a nap without having to vigorously brush and/or wash my hair to get it to not be smashed down or otherwise unruly.  Headphones are a special hell because they leave an apparent dent across the top of my head.

I trim my hair every 2-3 weeks with clippers and a #3 guard.  I'd go 1.5 or 2, but the wife and kids don't like it *that* short.  Actually, they'd like it longer, but then it starts doing what I described above.

Chris

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2014, 01:53:18 PM »
^^^^ BSL could give you a "poodle cut"   :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2014, 02:30:34 PM »
I've been on a hair replacement program for 20+ years now. I'm gradually replacing my hair with scalp.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2014, 03:27:08 PM »
I lost some during chemo, but it all came back.  What had been somewhat curly, it's now straight.  Regardless, I still get a three on top and zero on the sides for a good High and Tight.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2014, 06:25:47 PM »
Mine's not that bad, but my hair started thinning in my 20's, and now there's more scalp than hair showing on top.

Guys your age shouldn't be allowed to have hair, because you invariably grow disgusting, long, hippy hair. Some of it's way over an inch. Hippies.  :mad:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2014, 06:30:35 PM »
I lost some during chemo, but it all came back.  What had been somewhat curly, it's now straight.  Regardless, I still get a three on top and zero on the sides for a good High and Tight.

Me too, but I can't figure out why the three doesn't do anything anymore.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2014, 01:14:06 AM »

:rofl:

Out of all the men in my family, I alone dodged the baldness gene. Naturally, I keep it short (3/4") to mock my brother and father.  >:D

Actually, I just hate having long hair. PITA to take care of.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2014, 09:23:50 AM »
I've seen a picture of Mtnbkr with an honest to god afro.

I still have nightmares about it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2014, 09:25:30 AM »

Guys your age shouldn't be allowed to have hair, because you invariably grow disgusting, long, hippy hair. Some of it's way over an inch. Hippies.  :mad:

My hair is about 30" in length.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »

We're not talking about armpits.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2014, 10:36:05 AM »

We already knew you were one of those enviro-lefty hippies  :P   =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2014, 05:30:26 PM »

Deal with it, man.

I'd honestly be cool with being bald. Having fast growing hair sucks, I keep mine buzzed as short as the clippers will allow. Too damn hot to have long hair...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2014, 05:35:35 PM »
Deal with it, man.

I'd honestly be cool with being bald. Having fast growing hair sucks, I keep mine buzzed as short as the clippers will allow. Too damn hot to have long hair...

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.