Author Topic: Fresh Baby Livers for Sale!: Planned Parenthood Hawks Baby Body Parts  (Read 19679 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Fresh Baby Livers for Sale!: Planned Parenthood Hawks Baby Body Parts
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 01:27:02 PM »
Sounds like not just this, but a lot of medical stuff involving human body parts, fluids, etc. is based on the late night TV commercial model of, "get a second widget free! just pay shipping and handling!" (shipping and handling is $99.95).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2015, 02:57:29 PM »
All true. However, given precedent evidence of staff behavior in PP clinics, I am skeptical of the notion that they are diligent in pursuing truly informed consent.

"Now, this form will let us harvest and distribute the fetus' organs after we've removed it. Please sign on the X."

Typically, the consent forms say something like "I agree that any biological materials from my procedure may be disposed of in accordance with usual medical practices'.  Healthcare has a long history of then trying to turn a profit from this.  Witness the Moore vs. Regents case in California and the Henrietta Lacks case.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2015, 11:13:15 AM »
http://mediamatters.org/research/2015/07/14/attack-on-planned-parenthood-3-deceptive-edits/204419

A deceptive video from a conservative group purports to show a Planned Parenthood official discussing prices for the illegal sale of fetal tissue from abortions. But the full, unedited footage and transcript released by the group undermines their sensationalist claims, showing at least three crucial edits that reveal the Planned Parenthood official was instead discussing the reimbursement cost for consensual, legal tissue donations.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2015, 11:27:49 AM »
http://mediamatters.org/research/2015/07/14/attack-on-planned-parenthood-3-deceptive-edits/204419

Yes, they don't, in ANY WAY, refer to illegal payments disguised as "reimbursement costs." Nor do they, IN ANY WAY, refer to illegally performing a partial birth abortion in order to illegally harvest the human organs by illegally changing the way you do the abortion, per federal law.

You see, she used the correct weasel words about that specific issue, so it's perfectly alright and we're going to ignore the other illegalities disclosed.

Ghouls.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2015, 12:01:52 PM »
the Planned Parenthood official was instead discussing the reimbursement cost for consensual, legal tissue donations.

Oh, well, that makes it quite alright. The clinic is merely harvesting and selling the tissues of the people it murders, but one of the parents has consented. Mater familias and all that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 12:11:11 PM »

Heh.  Has David Brock cleaned the K-Y off his Glock yet?

https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/271602633?access_key=key-J4WhGKvH9BHyHM061Xni&allow_share=true&escape=false&view_mode=scroll

Four pages of a glossy pamphlet targeting PP clinic, with PP endorsement.  Majority of space dedicated to graphics.  Yet the following bits occur:
"Financially Profitable"
"Join the StemExpress program that financially rewards clinics..."
"...providing a financial benefit to your clinic."

Nothing of THIS sort of thing:
"Will reimburse only for the cost of extracting and delivering human tissues."

Anyone not deliberately obtuse understands what is going on here:  PP expects to make moneymoneymoney off dead baby parts above and beyond the cost to "harvest" them. 

I guess from a utilitarian point of view this sort of thing makes sense.  To be sure, Planned Parenthood and its supporters do not stand alone.  To take life unworthy of life and do some good, worthy, scientific research may--in some people's eyes--shine a light of hope on an otherwise unfortunate incident. 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2015, 01:36:25 PM »
Has the group that produce the video been charged with a crime yet (any crime will do just to make a point)?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2015, 04:31:42 PM »
Has the group that produce the video been charged with a crime yet (any crime will do just to make a point)?

The audit is being scheduled as we speak.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2015, 04:33:31 PM »
Well, as long as the livers aren't fried then I guess it's okay - can't have all that fat content, you know  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2015, 11:13:00 PM »
Since when does non-profit stop people within the non-profit from making a profit?  Just because the organization as a whole does not make a profit means very little. 

A Non-Profit =/= NO profit.  You can be a non-profit and still show a gain (and a sizable one at that.  Even if your last name isn't Clinton.)  Year after year, after year.  You just can't disburse the profit to "Shareholders", it either has to be re-invested or used to grow and expand your operation.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 11:12:20 AM »
A Non-Profit =/= NO profit.  You can be a non-profit and still show a gain (and a sizable one at that.  Even if your last name isn't Clinton.)  Year after year, after year.  You just can't disburse the profit to "Shareholders", it either has to be re-invested or used to grow and expand your operation.

Yes, and/or paid to managers in the form of huge salaries  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2015, 02:31:49 PM »
And since there is no other way, this thread must be Godwin'd.  It would appear that they have picked up right where Dr. Mengele left off...

When an outbreak of noma (a gangrenous bacterial disease of the mouth and face) broke out in the Romani camp in 1943, Mengele initiated a study to determine the cause of the disease and develop a treatment. He enlisted the aid of prisoner Dr. Berthold Epstein, a Jewish pediatrician and professor at Prague University. Mengele isolated the patients in a separate barrack and had several afflicted children killed so that their preserved heads and organs could be sent to the SS Medical Academy in Graz and other facilities for study. The research was still ongoing when the Romani camp was liquidated and its remaining occupants killed in 1944

After an experiment was over, the twins were sometimes killed and their bodies dissected.[51] Nyiszli recalled one occasion where Mengele personally killed fourteen twins in one night via a chloroform injection to the heart.[34] If one twin died of disease, Mengele killed the other so that comparative post-mortem reports could be prepared.[52]

Mengele sought out pregnant women, on whom he would perform experiments before sending them to the gas chambers

Files released by the Argentine government in 1992 indicate that Mengele may have practiced medicine without a license, including performing abortions, while living in Buenos Aires.

PP is simply doing the work the WVHA couldn't finish.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:50:01 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2015, 02:41:48 PM »
And since there is no other way, this thread must be Godwin'd.  It would appear that they have picked up right where Dr. Mengele left off...

It's kind of hard not to Godwin a thread that is discussing gruesome murder and harvesting of human organs.

I suppose we could also compare them just as easily to the Japanese experiments in WWII. Somehow that's not taboo.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2015, 04:05:59 PM »
It's kind of hard not to Godwin a thread that is discussing gruesome murder and harvesting of human organs.

I suppose we could also compare them just as easily to the Japanese experiments in WWII. Somehow that's not taboo.

How's about Niwdog(1) a thread?  When the original topic starts off so heinous and gruesome that even a Nazi might be expected to be taken aback.

(1) Niwdogging?  Sounds like "New Dog"
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2015, 04:31:05 PM »
How's about Niwdog(1) a thread?  When the original topic starts off so heinous and gruesome that even a Nazi might be expected to be taken aback.

That's like a "reverse Godwin"?
"It's good, though..."

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2015, 04:40:15 PM »
That's like a "reverse Godwin"?

Yep, or extra-Godwin territory.  Something that might get a Nazi to go, "Now hold on, might you be going a bit too far with that?"
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2015, 04:43:21 PM »

Considering the scope of their operations, I figure it'd be a bit like the boy scouts and many other non-profit organizations:

They're always looking for ways to make a 'profit' or save money, but when they do it's simply used to provide more benefits.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2015, 04:53:15 PM »
Considering the scope of their operations, I figure it'd be a bit like the boy scouts and many other non-profit organizations:

They're always looking for ways to make a 'profit' or save money, but when they do it's simply used to provide more benefits kill more babies.

Fixed :(

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2015, 05:59:38 PM »

Yeah, sort of like how you can't really Godwin a thread on Stalin. His body count, like PPs, is higher.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2015, 06:03:49 PM »

They're always looking for ways to make a 'profit' or save money, but when they do it's simply used to provide more benefits.

Does the top paid admin of the BSA make $500K a year?
Does the BSA get Federal money?
I'm thinking comparing the BSA and PP is kind of like comparing apples and tarantulas.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Pb

• friend
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2015, 07:28:19 PM »
Does the top paid admin of the BSA make $500K a year?
Does the BSA get Federal money?
I'm thinking comparing the BSA and PP is kind of like comparing apples and tarantulas.

Actually, top exec of the BSA makes huge salary too:

http://www.ocregister.com/taxdollars/strong-477017-span-style.html

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2015, 11:09:21 PM »
Clair - any chance it's time?
Formerly sumpnz

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2015, 05:46:04 PM »
Either it's a worthless blob of amorphous tissue, or it has identifiable characteristics (like organs developed enough to discretely identify) and it's a person.

Or ... there are other criteria for determining personhood.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2015, 05:55:15 PM »
Or ... there are other criteria for determining personhood.

I was speaking directly to how planned parenthood, etc. define "person", or more precisely, "fetus". 
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2015, 10:47:44 AM »
What do you expect? The mental contortions and searing of ones conscience necessary to dehumanize the offspring in the womb will necessary lead to this end. The abortion is in the middle of the path to ruin. The beginning was when the wrong moral path was chosen, it then led to the widespread acceptance of abortion. Now that it is normalized we recoil from where this path leads us?

If the young unborn one is not a human being worthy of dignity and respect then why not part it out? Is parting it out really any worse than putting it in a plastic bag and disposing of it as medical waste?

The false outrage over this by those who support the practice of abortion is as disgusting as the practice itself IMHO.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.