Author Topic: Missouri football players to go on racial solidarity strike  (Read 12262 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Missouri football players to go on racial solidarity strike
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2015, 07:55:51 AM »
The consequences would be staggering. Would you want to be a current student or alumni at the school?

Also there are laws in places on what a university can and can not do.

I think many folks are at the point, where when viewing this as a front in the cultural battle, they're OK with burning it to the ground at salting the earth.  Even the non college football fans (amongst which I count myself) know that if the pres had gutted the football team there would have been huge repercussions, financially and socially, in and around the school.  And I think most of us that 1. don't give a flip about Mizzou, and 2. are tired of these crybaby stories coming from Universities are 100% willing to destroy a school and heap it's alumni, backers and students on the [figurative] bonfire just to make a point. 

It's not like that place is actually producing educated useful members of society.  At best you're getting half brain-washed talking point generators, and at worst actual criminals.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2015, 08:03:00 AM »
As a friend of mine who is a graduate of Missouri put it, "Can we now end our boycott on scoring TD's?"
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2015, 09:13:25 AM »
The consequences would be staggering. Would you want to be a current student or alumni at the school?

It's well past time that a University get spanked for being a haven of sniveling political correctness nazis.
As the system is at any University, free speech is squelched with the constant threat of careers being destroyed and reputations being ruined over people's feelz getting hurt a little.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2015, 09:53:14 AM »
Irony alert: At a school recognized for its journalism program, white professors (including a journalism professor) prevented an Asian school journalist from taking a photograph of the protest in a public space, including calling for the use of force by protesting students.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2015, 11:24:13 AM »
proving beyond all doubt, that our Universities and Colleges are run by communists.  The language and actions of these 'faculty members',  would make Trotsky, Lenin and Saul Alinsky proud.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2015, 11:39:44 AM »
Protesting is protesting, doesn't matter what the demands are.

Fail.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2015, 11:42:59 AM »

I would hope so.  I would hope they extended to all the NCAA Div I athletic programs, as folk re-thought the value of being the sucker's minor league for the NFL and NBA and allowing a group of folk entrance to the university who are on average two standard deviations stupider than the average student.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2015, 11:55:49 AM »
Yet more irony. The professor in my post above actually requested media coverage for the event. I guess she only wanted a specific kind. The photo of her should be in the dictionary under "angry SJW".

http://twitchy.com/2015/11/10/hypocrisy-101-i-need-some-muscle-over-here-mizzou-professor-begged-for-media-coverage-on-saturday/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2015, 12:04:10 PM »
Yet more irony. The professor in my post above actually requested media coverage for the event. I guess she only wanted a specific kind. The photo of her should be in the dictionary under "angry SJW".

http://twitchy.com/2015/11/10/hypocrisy-101-i-need-some-muscle-over-here-mizzou-professor-begged-for-media-coverage-on-saturday/
My comments about this woman would veer way off the high road...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2015, 05:07:29 PM »
I have to wonder how many of the more senior University Administrators are looking at their retirement accounts, running some numbers and coming up with "*expletive deleted*ck this *expletive deleted*it!".

Mr. Wolfe, for example, is 57 years old, and according to wiki decently successful in business before entering the academic world. The dollars/aggravation ratio could be wrong for him.

I know that even were I qualified, no money could get me working with most college students today.

Well, if not the administrators, it looks like at least one professor has reexamined his work/life situation and decided to say "screw it".

http://twitchy.com/2015/11/11/when-does-the-witch-hunt-end-beloved-prof-drummed-out-of-mizzou-after-refusing-to-cancel-exam/

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2015, 05:11:34 PM »
the lady professor that was asking for muscle to remove the reporter, has quit.  I'm guessing her function was done, and it's time for her to move on to another protest site.  She looked like she knew her way around a riot/protest.
Would be intersting for someone to run a check on her, and just see where she has surfaced, what roles she has played at other protests.  Ferguson?  Baltimore?  New York. 
That line of thought extends to the 'students' that were protesting.  No wonder they did not want their pictures taken.  My thought is that a lot of them are not students at all, but professional agitators, Soros paid, and don't want to be identified.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2015, 06:11:45 PM »

The NPR reporter yesterday was biting their tongue a lot about that. He seemed quite upset that the media wasn't allowed to cover the protest.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2015, 06:46:08 PM »
the lady professor that was asking for muscle to remove the reporter, has quit.  I'm guessing her function was done, and it's time for her to move on to another protest site.  She looked like she knew her way around a riot/protest.
Would be intersting for someone to run a check on her, and just see where she has surfaced, what roles she has played at other protests.  Ferguson?  Baltimore?  New York. 
That line of thought extends to the 'students' that were protesting.  No wonder they did not want their pictures taken.  My thought is that a lot of them are not students at all, but professional agitators, Soros paid, and don't want to be identified.

Actually, unless something has changed, she only "resigned" her courtesy title at the journalism school. She is still an assistant professor at the media school. Some of the MSM stories make it sound like she actually quit her job, which is not the case.

ramis

• friend
  • Rawr!
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2015, 07:35:27 PM »
Jonathan Butler, the student that was on a hunger strike at UM, is the son of a Union Pacific Railroad Executive.

http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/columns/joe-holleman/mizzou-hunger-strike-figure-from-omaha-son-of-top-railroad/article_20630c03-2a68-5e63-9585-edde16fe05f3.html

The limerick, peculiar to English,
Is a verse form that's hard to extinguish,
Once congress, in session,
Decreed it's suppression,
But people got around it by writing the last line without any rhyme or meter.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2015, 08:43:35 PM »
I also heard mention today that there are no pictures of any kind of the "swastika" that was reported.  The police were never called either.  In addition, the student body president who is trying to lead some of this as admitted making some of it up.  There is also no audio or video of any of the rumored racial incidents.  If you didn't already know it, this whole think is a politically motivated fabrication. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2015, 10:15:41 PM »
Did anyone else see a story about the Mizzou campus police urging students to report anyone saying racist things? I can't find it anywhere. Sounded quite disturbing.

Here's something interesting from about five years ago:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/education/cotton-litters-lawn-at-black-culture-center/article_78b70c05-3dea-5934-bc95-fec5633a7473.html

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Missouri football players to go on racial solidarity strike
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2015, 10:41:09 PM »
Well, if not the administrators, it looks like at least one professor has reexamined his work/life situation and decided to say "screw it".

http://twitchy.com/2015/11/11/when-does-the-witch-hunt-end-beloved-prof-drummed-out-of-mizzou-after-refusing-to-cancel-exam/
http://twitchy.com/2015/11/11/what-does-this-even-mean-report-mizzou-didnt-accept-profs-resignation/

Apparently, his superiors plan on backing him up in his decision to stand up for maturity and didn't accept his resignation.

Bravo.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2015, 11:02:58 PM »
Actually, unless something has changed, she only "resigned" her courtesy title at the journalism school. She is still an assistant professor at the media school. Some of the MSM stories make it sound like she actually quit her job, which is not the case.

Assistant professor means she doesn't have tenure yet.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

ramis

• friend
  • Rawr!
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2015, 12:05:26 AM »
Did anyone else see a story about the Mizzou campus police urging students to report anyone saying racist things? I can't find it anywhere. Sounded quite disturbing.

http://twitchy.com/2015/11/10/is-this-in-america-read-the-chilling-email-from-missouris-campus-police-on-hateful-andor-hurtful-speech/
The limerick, peculiar to English,
Is a verse form that's hard to extinguish,
Once congress, in session,
Decreed it's suppression,
But people got around it by writing the last line without any rhyme or meter.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2015, 12:43:18 AM »
Apparently some guy at Mizzou is on a hunger strike, because white privilege.

His daddy makes over $6 million per year at Union Pacific:

http://www.omaha.com/columnists/grace/grace-jonathan-butler-made-his-mark-quietly-at-omaha-central/article_ee0a81eb-619b-5aff-8945-9a9de407d7e8.html

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2015, 01:05:58 AM »
Apparently some guy at Mizzou is on a hunger strike, because white privilege.

His daddy makes over $6 million per year at Union Pacific:

http://www.omaha.com/columnists/grace/grace-jonathan-butler-made-his-mark-quietly-at-omaha-central/article_ee0a81eb-619b-5aff-8945-9a9de407d7e8.html

I think he's one of the folks that started this whole thing. According to Missouri's Lt. Gov., he lost his health insurance because of Obamacare. Not that he needs any. At all.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2015, 02:08:17 AM »

I think he's one of the folks that started this whole thing. According to Missouri's Lt. Gov., he lost his health insurance because of Obamacare. Not that he needs any. At all.

That, of course, is still Bush's fault isn't it?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2015, 07:49:26 AM »
And we have video of the Son of the $6 Million Dollar Man running into (yes, read that again) the car of the president of Mizzou during the homecoming parade, and not vice versa.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/11/video-shows-university-missouri-activist-jonathan-butler-falsified-key-claim-president/

So with no video/pictures of any of the other alleged "racial" incidents, I'd say the entire thing is a hoax.   But since the President and Chancellor have no stomach for the fight, then good riddance to bad rubbish.  Maybe Missouri can find someone(s) for those positions with some 'Nads.

What's GEN Mattis up to these days?

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2015, 02:02:13 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/11/video-shows-university-missouri-activist-jonathan-butler-falsified-key-claim-president/

From the article:
The claim of being hit by the car, a red covetable carrying President Wolfe,

Well, that Chevelle SS is pretty nice . . .
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2015, 02:12:01 PM »
You know....maybe Kent State wasn't as much a tragedy as it was a case of "wrong university, wrong time".....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.