Author Topic: What is a Prius good for?  (Read 6409 times)

The Annoyed Man

Re: What is a Prius good for?
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 05:20:21 PM »
I like the suggestion of a golf diesel instead.  Given that I mostly drive highway, it makes the most sense for me.

pffffffftt.  Diesels stink, they have no power, and the fuel is more expensive than gasoline.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 06:42:32 PM »
I like the suggestion of a golf diesel instead.  Given that I mostly drive highway, it makes the most sense for me.

pffffffftt.  Diesels stink, they have no power, and the fuel is more expensive than gasoline.

They don't stink anymore, and no power?  Yeah, that's why they use them for semis,  to haul freight, and put them in tanks.

It is more expensive than gas, but diesel engines like those in the VW Golf actually do get 60mpg, unlike the Prius. So while it may cost you $0.50 more a gallon, you'll be using far less in the first place.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008, 07:43:47 PM »

And they usually last longer.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »
What we really need is something that can run on burning floppy disks..... laugh
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 06:31:49 AM »

Haven't looked at any of the turbodiesels of the past decade, have you.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2008, 06:32:38 AM »
What we really need is something that can run on burning floppy disks..... laugh

I think you're on to something....
One day at a time.