Author Topic: Casey Anthony acquitted  (Read 16356 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Casey Anthony acquitted
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2011, 05:43:24 PM »
Nancy Grace did not contribute to the tragic death that started all of this. Pretty large difference.

Nancy Grace did not contribute the death, but she DID contribute to the aftermath. She milked the case for all the publicity she could wring out of it. She is supposed to be HLN's "expert" legal commentator, but her conduct throughout the trial and before was nothing other than gutter sniping, rabble rousing, and character assassination.

I think I posted awhile back that Ms. Grace was sanctioned twice for prosecutorial misconduct? I was wrong.

THREE times, not two.

I have to apologize for labeling Ms. Grace as trailer trash. In retrospect, that was very unfair to the trailer trash of the world.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:49:24 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2011, 07:51:18 PM »
^^^What he said... Nancy and Geraldo have profited from this little girl's death. if that isn't blood money what is?
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2011, 09:53:14 PM »
^^^What he said... Nancy and Geraldo have profited from this little girl's death. if that isn't blood money what is?

I don't have TV news at home, but I suspect you're right. I'm just saying there's a massive difference between sensationalizing a tragedy and being a cause of the tragedy.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2011, 11:07:07 PM »
I don't have TV news at home, but I suspect you're right. I'm just saying there's a massive difference between sensationalizing a tragedy and being a cause of the tragedy.

I think the term you are looking for is "Accessory After the Fact".
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2011, 11:28:25 PM »
Tell me again why these jokers have sovereign immunity?

Agreed....if you want to reform the "justice" system, let's start with more accountability for prosecutors & judges....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2011, 05:10:07 AM »
And apparently there may have been prosecutorial misconduct in the case

I'm curious if John Bradley contacted the defense attorney directly when the prosecution failed to disclose the error? I think this might be a good basis for a law requiring any technicians/examiners/etc. that are in any way involved with the case to be required to send duplications of their work to both the defense and the prosecution, and not merely rely on the integrity *cough* of the prosecution to fully and diligently disclose all evidence, exculpatory or otherwise, to the defense.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2011, 07:15:02 AM »

Quite honestly, and I speak only for myself, I think capitalizing on it is worse. Yay!! A dead kid with a whodunnit involved!! Let's make some $$$$$!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

Effin vultures  [barf]

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2011, 07:18:42 AM »
Quite honestly, and I speak only for myself, I think capitalizing on it is worse. Yay!! A dead kid with a whodunnit involved!! Let's make some $$$$$!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

And this contributes to the worst problem we have in our civilization:

People who seriously believe that the average person - or at least the average middle-class person, obviously academic elites are never included - is inches away at any time from abusing their child, raping their spouse, or shooting up a school.

Every time the media fly down to obssess with some rare, hen's teeth event, they support that illusion.

They literally gnaw on the very supports of Western civilization for profit.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

280plus

• friend
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2011, 07:26:22 AM »
I believe it was Stonewall Jackson that prefered spies over journalists because at least the spy had an ideology he or she was supporting while the journalists do it as they have no problem exposing state secrets for money.