Author Topic: Who here likes Indian food?  (Read 2898 times)

Paddy

Who here likes Indian food?
« on: July 16, 2007, 05:22:22 PM »
Curry, cumin, saffron, turmeric, nutmeg, garlic, chili, thyme, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, coriander, fennel, yummy yummy.  Chicken or lamb, rice and some potatoes and cauliflower or the veggie of your choice.  You don't even have to smoke a doobie to really enjoy it.

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: Who here likes Indian food?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 05:25:47 PM »
I really like Indian food.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 05:34:33 PM »
Got to love the spicy goat and mashed eggplant! angel
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Paddy

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 05:34:44 PM »
Even lentils taste good.  Now that's doin' something.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 05:48:45 PM »
Smells like a dirty diaper full of Indian food.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

nico

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 05:51:36 PM »
**raises hand**

Two blocks from my school there's an Indian restaurant that has a lunch buffet for ~$8.  I can't get enough tandori or butter chicken, not to mention the rice and everything I don't know the name of. 

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 06:06:25 PM »
When I lived in England the only thing keeping me going was some mulligitawny soup and tandoori chicken.  I still make the soup and its always a big hit.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 06:56:22 PM »
Who needs harsh irritating smoke when one can enjoy nice cold glass of Bhang Lassi?

Well, 'cept for the Bhang part.  Keep that and give me the rest of the Lassi.

I love Indian cuisine, mostly partial that from the Northern reaches of the continent.  If ever in Boulder, be sure to visit either Himalayas or Taj.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 08:55:17 PM »
Definitely a favorite of mine-kofta is one of my favorites.

The best are the desserts though. Ghulab jamun is pretty tough to beat.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Iain

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 10:06:51 PM »
When I lived in England the only thing keeping me going was some mulligitawny soup and tandoori chicken.  I still make the soup and its always a big hit.
You should come back sometime. All the food has improved, including the Indian. I live in a piddling little commuter town and we've got a very high quality Indian restaurant. It's noticeable how much the Indian restaurant in the UK has improved from 'balti chicken and naan' to recipes including mackerel, salmon and so on.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 10:51:49 PM »
The Indian restaurant in my town is amazing. They have a great selection. Me friends and I like to have the full works when we go there. For a starter, I like to have the little Kebab meat dishes, then for main course, maybe the Tandoori Khana with Keema rice. On the side, I have a Keema Nan, two Papadams, an Onion Bhaji, and some Bombay Aloo.

I love Indian food.  grin
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 05:09:48 AM »
Well, when you're not a real big fan of curry . . . rolleyes

Still, I've gone to various Indian restauants with friends and always managed to find something that was pretty good . . . usually some form of BBQ chicken along with some decent sides.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 05:53:21 AM »
I like the components, but when they all get together to play, I'm not nearly as much of a fan.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 07:04:14 AM »
Cool - this is one of my Gaelic lessons  cool

An toil leat biadh Innseanach ?

Chan eil fhios agam.  I don't know - never had it.

But apparently Indian food is to the UK as Mexican food is to the USA. Wink
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 12:59:39 PM »
Yeah, Indian food is big here in the U.K. We love the stuff.  grin
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 01:12:06 PM »
Yeah, Indian food is big here in the U.K. We love the stuff.  grin

At least you got something out of having an empire.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 02:19:08 PM »
Haha, yeah. What always makes me laugh is that having taught our sports to Commonwealth countries, they all beat us now. 

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 03:58:39 PM »
Indian food is good stuff. Hot and spicy always works for me. Most of it is pretty healthy too.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 04:35:55 PM »
Yup.

Smells like a dirty diaper full of Indian food.

No matter where I went in India, it always smelled like a dirty diaper as soon as I stepped off the plane.

I'm usually pretty good with dishes of all sorts of places in the world.

Curry, however, won't be found or prepared in my kitchen. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 08:56:14 AM »
I get kind of depressed when people start talking about all sorts of exotic food.
9 out of 10 (There's really only like 12...) restaurants in my town are fast food.
McD's, BK, Wendy's, KFC...
We only have a couple of real restaurants, and 2 of them are Chinese, another Mexican.
Though the good restaurants are all great, there's still not much variety around here.

(Sorry about the edit, I hit the wrong button... --Mike)
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 10:44:41 AM »
I like spicy, but I can't stand the mix of flavors that Indian food uses.  It's too bad, because my sister-in-law learned to cook from her Indian father, and from what I'm told, the curry she makes is outstanding.

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 11:21:25 AM »
I get kind of depressed when people start talking about all sorts of exotic food.
9 out of 10 (There's really only like 12...) restaurants in my town are fast food.
McD's, BK, Wendy's, KFC...
We only have a couple of real restaurants, and 2 of them are Chinese, another Mexican.
Though the good restaurants are all great, there's still not much variety around here.

That is one of the few really good things about living in a major metro area. There are a HUGE number of restaurant options over all quality and price ranges.

On top of the regular fast food and chain restaurants I can, within a matter of minutes, eat at Thai, Indian, Pakistani, Russian, Ethopian, Syrian, Lebanese, Greek, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Philippino, Cuban, Peruvian, Brazilian, Argentinian, Mexican, Scottish, British, Irish, Mongolian, Turkish, French, Italian, and a BUNCH of other ethnic restaurants.

Of course, where do I normally eat?

Cracker Barrel...  rolleyes
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 11:32:38 AM »
My wife drags me to Cracker Barrel darned near every week for their Chicken & Dumplings.

I have a military friend who is Polish, and he pointed me towards a neat little Polish restaurant in Melbourne called Salt & Sweet.  I miss the pierogis and golabki.   

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 11:44:30 AM »
You know, the one thing we really lack in DC metro is a decent German restaurant...

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 11:56:15 AM »
I think they lack them in Germany too...