Author Topic: Why 1978 was a bad year  (Read 6466 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Why 1978 was a bad year
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 12:18:27 PM »
lets no forget his grain embargo devastating american farmers
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 05:14:45 PM »
I was 5 and living in San Diego.  I started to hate him back then because his speeches would pre-empt my cartoons! 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 10:52:23 PM »
I was 5 and living in San Diego.  I started to hate him back then because his speeches would pre-empt my cartoons!   
I was in college, and I remember when one of Carter's idiotic speeches interruped the PREMIER of the original Battlestar Galactica series. Much cursing ensued at the student union building, and someone said words to the effect of "Where the ^%#@ is Lee Harvey Oswald when we really need him?" (The response was applause, helped, no doubt, by the consumption of adult BEvERages.)

That night they say a record was set in irate phone calls to the networks, the White House, and the Capitol switchboard.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain