Author Topic: Whole Foods Blasted Online After Making Sandwiches for National Guard troops  (Read 1673 times)

MechAg94

• friend
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/04/28/whole-foods-defends-criticism-over-social-media-post-were-all-baltimoreans/

This whole thing is getting entertaining, especially since I am down in Texas instead of Maryland. 

As Baltimore's poorest kids are left hungry due to school closure (no school lunch), @WholeFoods feeds the oppressor https://t.co/5maDJK5crX
If all this is actually true, sounds like they need assemble all the CPS offiicers from around the state and send to Baltimore. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
So Whole Foods, which says it contributes to feeding programs at community centers, is now expected to make home deliveries to the underfed poor kids whose only nourishment is from school breakfast and lunch programs.  Got it!

A while back I found out just how much food local grocery stores were contributing to feeding programs - and how big a tax writeoff they were claiming.  It's not all altruistic giving but the end result is that feeding programs and food banks are providing a wider selection of food to a larger audience.  There used to be a semi-thriving "fresh to frozen" marketing scheme* until grocery corps found out how profitable donating could be.

stay safe.

* - "fresh to frozen" = stuff just before or at sell-by date is sold (better some money than none) to outfit that flash freezes it and then offers it for sale as frozen food (again better some money than none).
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
I like some of the comments that were posted on FoxNews.com in relation to this story.  A lot of them asking the question, how do the children eat on the weekends, holidays, and/or during the summer?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
What if Whole Foods just doesn't want its stores on fire or even 'just looted'? I don't trust the impromptu community social just warriors to redistribute the food that they liberate to the hungry kids.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

wmenorr67

• friend
Hell I bet several of those NG Soldiers would have been more the happy and willing to share their MRE's with the hungry little tykes. >:D
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

dogmush

• friend
<--Gonna be practical.

Money says that the NG guys went and got the food from WF.  And had the teachers/guardians of the vibrant little tykes gone to WF for help they could have had some sammichs too.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there probably isn't a Whole Foods in the parts of Baltimore currentlly on fire, or in the 'hoods where the hungry little tykes live.  'Jus Sayin'.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 02:42:02 PM »
Good for whole foods.

If the feral practitioners of Ebonics are so worried about feeding they're kids they can loot a can of spaghetti o's instead of a TV next time.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

SADShooter

• friend
<--Gonna be practical.

Money says that the NG guys went and got the food from WF.  And had the teachers/guardians of the vibrant little tykes gone to WF for help they could have had some sammichs too.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there probably isn't a Whole Foods in the parts of Baltimore currentlly on fire, or in the 'hoods where the hungry little tykes live.  'Jus Sayin'.

I heard/read something to sugest that there were NO grocery stores at all in the area, which made wrecking the CVS, which presumably stocked some food items, all the more incomprehensible.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

T.O.M.

• friend
I like some of the comments that were posted on FoxNews.com in relation to this story.  A lot of them asking the question, how do the children eat on the weekends, holidays, and/or during the summer?

FYI...In the summer, the fed program for free lunches still operates.  Kids can go to some schools and get a meal for free.  My son and his friends scammed this program last year.  After cross country practice, they walked over to the school and ate lunch for free.  Since they are enrolled at the school, that was all that mattered, and the school enjoyed having added numbers showing that they were promoting the program, which in turn got them more grant money.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

wmenorr67

• friend
FYI...In the summer, the fed program for free lunches still operates.  Kids can go to some schools and get a meal for free.  My son and his friends scammed this program last year.  After cross country practice, they walked over to the school and ate lunch for free.  Since they are enrolled at the school, that was all that mattered, and the school enjoyed having added numbers showing that they were promoting the program, which in turn got them more grant money.

I'm aware that some of the programs offer this service during summer breaks and such.  Just one of those issues where too many people now-a-days wants everyone else to take care of them and their "problems" instead of doing for themselves.

MechAg94

• friend
<--Gonna be practical.

They were thinking of opening an alternative branch called 'Ho Foods.
 =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
I heard/read something to sugest that there were NO grocery stores at all in the area, which made wrecking the CVS, which presumably stocked some food items, all the more incomprehensible.
Some people haven't learned not to cr@p where they live.

Either that, or it's the fault of Bush and the GOP.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!

Several in the area were looted, big chains and small stores.

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

SADShooter

• friend
OK. Thanks. I think this was early on and referenced a specific neighborhood. Noteworthy that, while the store in the first pic had a produce section, King's "Grocery" Mart advertises "cigarretes, cigars, sodas, & candy". Not a food desert, per se, but maybe a food dessert...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
OK. Thanks. I think this was early on and referenced a specific neighborhood. Noteworthy that, while the store in the first pic had a produce section, King's "Grocery" Mart advertises "cigarretes, cigars, sodas, & candy". Not a food desert, per se, but maybe a food dessert...

I wouldn't expect Kings to have a full produce section, but the '& more' probably included some actual food, although I expect the looters went in after Newport's and Skittles rather than broccoli and asparagus.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
We have a truck that delivers lunches to certain areas in the summer and they pack back packs of food fir some of the free lunch kids to take home on Friday so they can eat over weekend.
I am less bothered by that than many other giveaways

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Andiron

• friend
We have a truck that delivers lunches to certain areas in the summer and they pack back packs of food fir some of the free lunch kids to take home on Friday so they can eat over weekend.
I am less bothered by that than many other giveaways

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grunts getting chow from the Roach Coach isn't a new thing  >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
I'm surprised that they didn't distinguish between National Guard troops, which are merely there to end the destructive rioting, and the police that caused the issue in the first place.

Then again, I'm not surprised.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
I'm surprised that they didn't distinguish between National Guard troops, which are merely there to end the destructive rioting, and the police that caused the issue in the first place.

Then again, I'm not surprised.

Everybody who isn't aligned with the rioters is the enemy to them.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Everybody who isn't aligned with the rioters is the enemy to them.

Ah, so you're either with us or you're with the enemy, is that it?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Ah, so you're either with us or you're with the enemy, is that it?

Not quite.

If you are with us for the wrong reasons you are also the enemy.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.