Author Topic: Who's been talking to National Review?  (Read 1555 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Who's been talking to National Review?
« on: November 30, 2016, 01:02:23 PM »
Because this sounds exactly like some of the claims I hear from pro-abortion friends on this board.

The same people who will lecture you about science eight days a week inexplicably embrace pre-modern superstitious notions of “ensoulment” and work up some fine angels-dancing-on-the-head-of-a-pin material about “personhood,” the legal construction one uses when one is trying one’s best not to notice that what happens in an abortion is killing and that what is killed is a distinct and individual human being.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442562/texas-fetal-burial-rule-abortion-remains-cremation-greg-abbott

I've had this conversation a number of times, with those who say a child is not a person at a certain stage of development, because we don't know if it's been "ensouled." I've never understood the view that a soul is something that comes along later, instead of just being there from conception. And since we can't prove anyone has a soul at any time, I don't know how children are the only ones we can kill, if they can't produce a soul card. (Come to think of it, they say that about gingers, too, but of course we all agree with that.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 02:01:15 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Who's been talking to National Review?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 03:42:09 PM »
I hadn't heard about this new rule in Texas.  Sounds like a good rule.  I thought all medical waste was supposed to be incinerated. 

He mentioned the Feast of the Holy Innocents at the end.  I have never heard of that in my entire life.  Must be Catholic or something. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 03:44:53 PM »

If given the choice between discussing this subject and being shot in the head, I'd be very sorely tempted to choose to shake hands with Harambe.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 04:02:41 PM »
If given the choice between discussing this subject and being shot in the head, I'd be very sorely tempted to choose to shake hands with Harambe.

Would you prefer that we bury, cremate or put you in a red biohazard bag?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 04:06:29 PM »

...He says as he posts in the topic, anyway.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 04:15:40 PM »
Well, the choice was apparently between eating the gun and posting, so I'm kind of glad he made that call.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 04:16:11 PM »
I have two ten-foot poles which have convenient sockets to mate the two to form a twenty foot pole.

Terry said, "posting in this topic anyhow."  :facepalm:

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 04:16:14 PM »

At what point did his post become an actual comment? Did what he said count as a comment on the topic, or is it merely a potential comment?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 04:31:59 PM »

Biohazard bag, obviously. Medical waste incineration is an excellent means of disposing of so many things.

Load the casket with sandbags plus a single innocuous object or cryptic message, to really confuse people.

At what point did his post become an actual comment? Did what he said count as a comment on the topic, or is it merely a potential comment?

Metacomment, of course. A comment about comments.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 04:32:40 PM »

It's just a cluster of words...
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Perd Hapley

• friend

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 05:23:40 PM »

It became a comment at conception.  Conception is defined as the moment the comment is published to the board.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Who's been talking to National Review?
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 07:17:20 PM »
It became a comment at conception.  Conception is defined as the moment the comment is published to the board.
Indeed.  Pregnant with meaning.

As for the op, logics got nothing to do with it.  The obese still want their fritos, the smokers still want their tobaccy, and the hedonists still want their thrillies.  And all want them consequence free.  But only the hedonists have the backing of the cult marxists so they get the most support and sympathy from the usual cult marx quarters.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 10:43:39 PM »
No, he wants his body cut up and sold.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 12:38:57 AM »
Biohazard bag, obviously. Medical waste incineration is an excellent means of disposing of so many things.

Load the casket with sandbags plus a single innocuous object or cryptic message, to really confuse people.

Metacomment, of course. A comment about comments.

*and*

works better.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?