Author Topic: Now you can buy archival prints of my photos!  (Read 960 times)

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
Now you can buy archival prints of my photos!
« on: April 20, 2006, 11:54:48 AM »
In response to the many requests for prints, I am making 40 of my images available as large format archival photos. You will be familiar with most from my web site, but every one of them has been tuned to make absolutely awesome prints.

VolkStudio.com

Some of the RKBA-related artwork:

Original files range in resolution from 3MP/16 bits to 16MP/16 bits. Here's a detail close-up from a 6MP photo:

Image topics include

*Human details
*Still life    
*Flowers
*Arms and Military    
*Animals    
*Landscapes      

You will be able to see the details on the site, but the clarity and the color accuracy are even better in real life. These prints are big and impressive: they make great Mother's Day gifts or decorations for your own home or office.  I am open to requests for the inclusion of specific images found on my other sites.

Proceeds from the sales allow me to spend more time on making new posters. Please spread the news of this on your blog or web site, and on other forums.

The gallery store site is mostly safe for work (except, maybe, Human Details album).

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 12:18:27 PM »
You take some awesome photos! I'll spread the word over the next couple of days to some other sites I visit.
Andy

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 04:42:27 PM »
The girl with the rifle is a stunner.  Sell lots of those pics!
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 05:07:33 PM »
Oleg,

Did you know that "archival" is derived from a Latin word meaning "really expensive"?  cheesy

Good for you!
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 08:37:40 AM »
Components of Really Expensive: time and, might we say, talent to create the images + time to set up the web store and prepare the image for printing + equipment depreciation. The actual price will be validated by having orders or not having orders. A print is expensive relative to a mass-produced poster which doesn't look nearly as good, and cheap relative to a watercolor painting. It's all in what you want. If you want one of the prints I am offering, then the price would likely not be a problem. If you want something else, then no amount of money would be the right price on it for you.