Author Topic: This Guy Will Own all of Atlanta  (Read 4839 times)

Waitone

• friend
This Guy Will Own all of Atlanta
« on: January 28, 2011, 08:54:18 AM »
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26647035/detail.html

Road side body cavity search.  Whaddya thimk Atlanta is worth?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: This Guy Will Own all of Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 09:09:15 AM »
Kinda makes the TSA seem tame by comparison!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
The "officers" ought to be charged with sexual assault.

Perverts.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 11:29:50 AM »
Holy crap. I guess if you're going to name your civilian peace officer unit "Red Dog" you're going to create action movie wannabe officers.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 11:46:21 AM »
Kidnapping, rape, sexual assault, gun present.  Send them to prison, general population.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 12:01:43 PM »
What a bunch of cornbags these Red Dog clowns are.......
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 12:27:05 PM »
"The Atlanta Police Department is in the process of concluding the internal investigation into this matter. There is evidence to suggest that some of the officers' actions during this traffic stop were inappropriate,” Campos said. “As a result, Chief Turner intends to move swiftly to discipline some of the officers with actions - up to, and including, dismissal.”

“The Atlanta Police Department expects its officers to be truthful at all times, to follow all policies and procedures and to follow all of the local, state and federal laws they are sworn to uphold. Failure to do so will not be tolerated," Campos said.
These two statements seem a bit contradictory, but maybe not.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 12:57:37 PM »
Put it in a criminal court, non of this internal investigation *expletive deleted*it (I dont trust that process). If found guilty, put them in prison. Never to wear a badge or be around a firearm again. And have them register as sex offenders.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 01:45:36 PM »
So what kind epic treasure were they banking to find up there that would justify this behavior?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 01:50:47 PM »
Who says they expected to find anything at all?

These guys were thugs, plain and simple.  People like that, if they need a reason at all for their behaviors, are plenty capable of inventing one on the spot.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »
So what kind epic treasure were they banking to find up there that would justify this behavior?

Hoffa? =D

Seriously, normally I would not use race as an issue, but if all the officers were white???  I could see racism in this one. 
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 03:26:19 PM »
in atlanta?   all white group of cops? i'd be surprised
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 03:44:02 PM »
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26647035/detail.html

Road side body cavity search.  Whaddya thimk Atlanta is worth?

The story states it was a strip search, I don't see anywhere in there that any cavities were searched. 
Worrisome, yes, but there absolutely is a difference between an actual cavity search and having someone stick a hand in your pants or pull down your pants.

I agree that the officer's should be charged, not "disciplined".

The solution for this kind of madness is to not allow police departments to discipline members for criminal behavior, only to charge them for it. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 03:59:47 PM »
The solution for this kind of madness is to not allow police departments to discipline members for criminal behavior, only to charge them for it. 

Agreed. Take the internal investigation out of the choices and make it go directly to criminal proceedings.

Abraham Lincoln