Author Topic: Eric Holder Farewell Party Held in Baltimore  (Read 10854 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Eric Holder Farewell Party Held in Baltimore
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2015, 01:45:37 PM »
https://gma.yahoo.com/baltimore-mom-smacks-son-taking-part-violence-142918402--abc-news-topstories.html

This article is stating that it was the boy's mom.
Expect to see her investigated by CPS for child abuse.  =|
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2015, 02:10:43 PM »
Okay here's my take.

1.  Until we know the facts of Grey's death, the cop(s) involved should be suspended and an independent investigation opened.
2.  You want to protest.  Then fine.  March up and down streets, break out the bullhorns, gather outside City Hall, the Police HQ, whatever floats your boat.  Refuse to ride public transport, go on strike, do all those things that are legal. And you can do it 24/7/365.

I get it you feel that you've been mistreated and want something done about it.  I do too.  But the moment you start hurting people or damaging property, the gloves come off.   Way off.  The Daley Order* goes into effect.

So you can protest and strike until your heart's content or the cows come home, which ever comes last.  But the minute you stop be law-abiding, is the minute you lose all credibility and ability to effect change.

* - Named for Mayor Richard J. Daley who issued it to the police and NG during the 1968 MLK riots in Chicago.   Things calmed down very quickly....
"Shoot to kill the arsonists, shoot to maim the looters."
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2015, 02:24:48 PM »
I don't think it's too soon for this . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihE36phavz8
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2015, 02:41:20 PM »
Hope and Change involves a lot more rioting and looting than I expected.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2015, 03:43:13 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire  Was a great TV show about Baltimore and its corruption and culture.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2015, 03:46:57 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire  Was a great TV show about Baltimore and its corruption and culture.

Predated by this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homicide:_Life_on_the_Street which was also an edgy presentation of Baltimore.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Triphammer

• friend

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2015, 10:00:45 PM »
If you want an interesting take on what has happened in Baltimore, Ferguson, and Sanford, read the Tom Wolfe essay "Mau-Mauing the Flak Catchers." The rioting is the Mau-Mauing. The Flack Catchers are the liberal establishment. The end goal will be a nationalized police force that will aquiesce to our social engineering of our Cultural Marxist overlords.

The calls are not explicit yet but they will be.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2015, 11:19:52 PM »
A far cry from Bobby Bare's Streets of Baltimore

She said the prettiest place on earth is Baltimore at night...
"It's good, though..."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2015, 11:31:27 PM »
She said the prettiest place on earth is Baltimore at night...

You can't see the stars, but there's plenty of firelight.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2015, 11:33:36 PM »
If you want an interesting take on what has happened in Baltimore, Ferguson, and Sanford, read the Tom Wolfe essay "Mau-Mauing the Flak Catchers." The rioting is the Mau-Mauing. The Flack Catchers are the liberal establishment. The end goal will be a nationalized police force that will aquiesce to our social engineering of our Cultural Marxist overlords.

The calls are not explicit yet but they will be.

I can see that happening. If it does it will be my cue to leave this once great country. If I'm gonna live in a banana republic I'm gonna do it in the tropics.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2015, 12:32:38 AM »

"We had to loot the neighborhood in order to save it"
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2015, 01:05:29 AM »
If I'm gonna live in a banana republic I'm gonna do it in the tropics.

Yer Damn Right
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2015, 06:28:00 AM »
Our urban "third world" problem is only going to be solved by middle and upper class black Americans.

Black Americans will have to rise up and say enough is enough.

Nah, we're too busy doing what everybody else does...moving out!
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2015, 06:32:33 AM »

Honest question here, why don't we see any black "role" models stepping up and saying stop it.  I mean the only one that I can ever think of who actually stood up and ever said anything was Bill Cosby, and of course he is now tainted.

I'm curious as I asked in an earlier comment where are people such as Colin Powell, Condi Rice, and other prominent black people that once were in positions of "power" and respect?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2015, 07:15:14 AM »
I think you answered your own question there a little bit.
We've learned that being a positive role model pretty much guarantees bad consequences. The "good guys" tend to get raked over coals or killed, or both.
My great grandma used to say she could tell people like Al Sharpton weren't about s**t because they were still alive, so this goes way back.
The bad thing is that this world has made people like him visibly successful. Why get assassinated for trying to better things when stirring things up is much more profitable? Especially when there are so many who want to be stirred up now? Colin Powell and Condi Rice are keeping a low profile because they are Blacks who bettered themselves and would be targeted for it in this climate.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2015, 07:24:54 AM »
Honest question here, why don't we see any black "role" models stepping up and saying stop it.  I mean the only one that I can ever think of who actually stood up and ever said anything was Bill Cosby, and of course he is now tainted.

I'm curious as I asked in an earlier comment where are people such as Colin Powell, Condi Rice, and other prominent black people that once were in positions of "power" and respect?

I don't think the people who are doing this would be at all fazed by Colin Powell, or Lebron James, or Dr. Dre telling them to straighten up. I don't think it would matter who, or what color he was.

On the other hand, it is commonly believed that Eric Holder calmed things just by showing up in Ferguson. I have my doubts about this, but it is the accepted myth.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2015, 07:42:32 AM »

Ayup.

Hard to worry about the future of "the community" when you have to worry about your family.  And there is the whole, "Why should I be responsible for the actions of those knuckleheads in addition to my own actions?" atomism so prevalent nowadays.

All very understandable why black men & women who have it together make like the sheep and get the flock out of there.

But that is the thing about communities: Good ones have a core of folks who not only have their own family squared away and wired tight, they also give of their own time/effort to make it better.  It was Alexis de Toqueville who noted that Americans, at least the non-slave states, were super-involved in voluntary organizations.  It is such civic and religious organizations that help make a community a decent place to live. Churches, scouts, PTA, Rotary Club, Lions Club, Junior League, and so on and so forth. Civic culture outside of gov't is what determines all this.

Some communities have such a slim proportion of such folks, the problem looks insurmountable.  And probably is.  

Which leads to the voluntary segregation we see these days.  Given the choice, decent folk flee the chaos and ruin to some place more amenable to affordable family formation.  

I don't think the people who are doing this would be at all fazed by Colin Powell, or Lebron James, or Dr. Dre telling them to straighten up. I don't think it would matter who, or what color he was.

On the other hand, it is commonly believed that Eric Holder calmed things just by showing up in Ferguson. I have my doubts about this, but it is the accepted myth.

The unreality is astounding to behold.  Holder did his best to stir things up and stretch it all out.  Despite every bit of evidence at every turn, he has inflicted the DOJ on that whole community to the point where property values have plummeted, leaving the majority black inhabitants poorer. 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2015, 08:33:00 AM »
The unreality is astounding to behold.  Holder did his best to stir things up and stretch it all out.  Despite every bit of evidence at every turn, he has inflicted the DOJ on that whole community to the point where property values have plummeted, leaving the majority black inhabitants poorer. 

The myth is about the day or two that he was physically present in the StL area, not about the long-term effect of everything he did. Though I'm sure there's some mythologizing of that, too.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2015, 08:52:33 AM »

That is probably the wisest course of action.

It also seems to be part of a historical pattern that can be seen among all ethnic groups. As folks become more prosperous they have more options on where to live. The city ceases to be the only option and many choose to relocate to the quieter, safer suburbs.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2015, 01:20:25 AM »

Salon reminds us that it's racist to hold black Americans to the same standard as everyone else.

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/28/baltimores_violent_protesters_are_right_smashing_police_cars_is_a_legitimate_political_strategy/

Salon sage-craft:
Equally, it makes no sense to cite the Constitution in any demonstration for Black civil rights (that document was not written about us, remember?)...

Yes, someone actually wrote the above, and had it published in a big-deal opinion journal.  :rofl:

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2015, 01:28:36 AM »
Sweet fluffy -----.

You can take the darkies out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of the darkies.

The Negro is, as a race, less intelligent than us and lacks the powers of reason.  We must take care of them.

And every other cliche` uttered on either side of the aisle.

I am going to crawl back under my rock, have someone pour hardened conctete over the rock, and not come out for 100 years.  And if things have not improved by then I'm going to nuke the planet.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2015, 12:21:27 PM »
Bill Cosby is a modern example. Malcolm X came back from his time in Africa and wanted to talk about coexisting and getting along with "white" society. NOI took care of that problem.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2015, 08:59:20 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden