Author Topic: Black CNN camerawoman says RNC members threw peanuts at her  (Read 5145 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Black CNN camerawoman says RNC members threw peanuts at her
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 09:28:53 PM »
so to recap  no one actually at the convention has attempted to deny what happened.  but we have folks here who have scooped al jones on the latest conspiracy?  shoot did you listen to her interview? the part where she said it coulda happened just as easy at the dem convention or on the street?  what a clever comspirator to throw folks off the scent like that. >:D :facepalm: :rofl:
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 09:30:06 PM »
The repubs apologize for anything regardless of fact. 

really?  could you give some examples of them apologizing "regardless of fact"?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 10:50:27 PM »
so to recap  no one actually at the convention has attempted to deny what happened.  but we have folks here who have scooped al jones on the latest conspiracy?

CSD, I haven't heard anyone on the right cover this story at all. The only place I've seen it has been on leftist blogs. And I'm not saying I "scooped" any conspiracy. I just find all of this odd. No mention of the story in the MSM, the same MSM that dutifully reported that Tea Party members spat on black congressmen, despite the fact that no proof has been brought forward, even with a $100,000 reward for such proof.

Apparently the MSM either: a) thinks it's a non-story or; b) doesn't believe it or.

• friends
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 11:03:05 PM »
if you enter "republican commitee statement on camerawoman" on google you get 275 news articles  excuse me make that 794

https://www.google.com/news?ncl=dJEp29BAPsOry2MRrqbAN35Gx0b3M&q=republican+committee+statement+on+camerawoman&lr=English&region&ned=us&hl=en

your belief system may vary   

and shoot i apologize for slandering al jones  hes leaving the conspiracy alone  apparently he believes the rep national committees statement has merit. not often you fool old al

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 06:40:25 PM »
you don't think the rnc rep confirming and apologizing is enough? :facepalm:
i see
what would be sufficent?
the
the rep confirming that it happened and that they were ejected is insufficent too?
This kind of behavior will not be tolerated," convention spokesman Kyle Downey said in a statement.

One small problem there. Where's Downey getting his information? Did he take CNN's word that it happened, or did he actually check, before he made the statement? You don't know. And note that he's just condemning a certain type of behavior. There's nothing about his statements that suggests he is in a position to confirm that it actually happened. But you're treating that like a confirmation. That doesn't make sense.

And let's look at a couple of sources you cited, and apply the usual skepticism you seem to reserve for certain types of news stories (but apparently not this one).

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/cnn-camerawoman-nuts-speaks.php

CNN was initially tight-lipped about the incident, and has declined to provide much detail since. It published a sparse report online, saying there were multiple witnesses to the exchange. Wedneday evening, Wolf Blitzer reported the story on air, calling it “truly shocking.” CNN political analyst Donna Brazile said during the segment that she hopes the two attendees have their convention credentials revoked.

CNN released a statement Thursday afternoon saying it doesn’t know the identity of the two people removed from the convention and neither do convention officials.

Convention officials condemned the attendees’ actions, calling the behavior “deplorable.”

“This kind of behavior will not be tolerated,” convention spokesman Kyle Downey said in a statement.

Carroll told the Maynard Institute that no one took down the names of the attendees who pelted her.

You must admit it would be suspicious for any news organization to be "tight-lipped" about such a juicy event, about which they have inside info, since it happened to one of their own. And then we are told that no one knows who they are, making it all appropriately vague.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2012/08/cnn-camerawoman-not-surprised-by-racial-attack/1#.UES9_yLdcv4

The head of the delegation -- she was not certain of the state -- told her the perpetrators must have been alternates, not delegates.

So she talked to the head of a Republican delegation about it, but she doesn't know which state. Vague, again.

So, yeah, a reasonable person would want a little more fact-checking on such a conveniently incriminating and conveniently vague story than what you've done.

But just to make you feel better, here's a bit from the second search result from your link below.
if you enter "republican commitee statement on camerawoman" on google you get 275 news articles  excuse me make that 794

https://www.google.com/news?ncl=dJEp29BAPsOry2MRrqbAN35Gx0b3M&q=republican+committee+statement+on+camerawoman&lr=English&region&ned=us&hl=en

http://www.eurweb.com/2012/08/gop-calls-racist-incident-with-black-camerawoman-inexcusable/

The RNC released a statement today which reads: “Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior. Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated.”

See, now that quotation is at least written as if to acknowledge that the event happened. So you at least have something there.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Lee

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 08:34:55 PM »
I think it was a member of the Carter family throwing the peanuts. They thought they were throwing them at Condi Rice, but got her confused with the other black woman, who was there because she had to.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 09:28:48 AM »
Enough.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”