Author Topic: The new Battlestar Galactica worth watching?  (Read 5214 times)

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
The new Battlestar Galactica worth watching?
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2005, 11:31:02 AM »
Quote from: atek3
spoiler question alert
I like how a lot of the stuff in the show is retro for a good reason.  BSG's mainframes aren't linked to limit the damage from cylon virii.  They still use corded phones and manual switches.  But on the other hand, it's like the year 6, and they use 9mm pistols, WTF.

atek3
I thought they were using the FN 5.7.  They never really show the ammo.

where the cylon centurions that boarded BSG special?  most would fall after two or so hits but these were practically bullet proof.

atek3
Different model, maybe.

When BSG encountered the pegasus, why didn't president roslin just declare adama to be fleet admiral adama, that way he could have given orders to admiral kain?

atek3
Adama wouldn't have went along with that.  He was pretty clear that he was going to follow Cain's orders.

will cylon sharon remain loyal to the humans or have another major betrayal?

atek3
Another betrayal would be an interesting plot twist.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

atek3

• friend
    • http://www.geocities.com/atek128/Welcome.html
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 11:50:13 AM »
spoiler
the props are the FN 5.7... however when adama gets shot by one it was clearly "two nine millimeter slugs".

>Adama wouldn't have went along with that.  He was pretty clear that he was going to follow Cain's orders

true.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2005, 08:07:24 AM »
spoiler question alert
I like how a lot of the stuff in the show is retro for a good reason.  BSG's mainframes aren't linked to limit the damage from cylon virii.  They still use corded phones and manual switches.  But on the other hand, it's like the year 6, and they use 9mm pistols, WTF.

Also Tom Zarack is a total maoist... really.

WTF were they doing loading belted 20 mm rounds into a cylon fighter?
I think it has to do with how the producers didn't want to use "lasers" or such weapons.
the main guns on the cylon heavy fighter rule.

why don't fighters obey newtonian physics?
Probably because it makes it look cooler?   (Yes, I know, but Hollywood ain't exactly full of physicists)
Starbuck gets in a cylon fighter and makes it fly... oh please.

where the cylon centurions that boarded BSG special?  most would fall after two or so hits but these were practically bullet proof.
Centurions are supposed to be the "grunt" of the cylon AF, so it makes sense that it'd require headshots to take them out.  Plus, the fight on Kobol showed pretty much the same thing.  (Lotsa lead being thrown at them, but no real effect,)

What was the deal when number 6 disappeared from baltar's head and came onto BSG to bear witness against him?  where'd she go?

if human form cylons are indistinguishable from normal humans via conventional methods, how the frack did that one break free of his metal cuffs during the interrogation with starbuck.

any predictions on what will happen during the opening minutes of episode 11?
I'm betting the Cylons crash the party.
When BSG encountered the pegasus, why didn't president roslin just declare adama to be fleet admiral adama, that way he could have given orders to admiral kain?
Some how, I just don't see Adm. Kain listening to anything the prez had to say.  Kain didn't exactly strike me as a "team player, " more of a "my way or the high way" type.

how does number six communicate with baltar if she isn't a chip in his head?

when will that drunk tigh get tossed out an airlock with that banshee wife of his?

what will the ship larger than the base-star be?

after wiping out the cylon fleet with the computer virus why didn't they salvage everything possible, then take all of the missle racks and gun pods and turn the civilian fleet into a flotilla of 'q-ships'?

is admiral kain a cylon?

will cylon sharon remain loyal to the humans or have another major betrayal?

atek3
Guess we'll have to wait and see....
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

atek3

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2005, 11:05:50 AM »
spoiler
Also how did cylon- sharon know what Adama said to human-sharon's corpse back on BSG?
(remember adama visits the corpse and asks her "why?"   and when adama is choking cylon-sharon she says, "now you know".)

what was up with that.

atek3

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 11:42:41 AM »
Spoiler

Also how did cylon- sharon know what Adama said to human-sharon's corpse back on BSG?
(remember adama visits the corpse and asks her "why?"   and when adama is choking cylon-sharon she says, "now you know".)

what was up with that.
Continuity error perhaps? (Bad writer, BAD!)  Or perhaps some data is transmitted from a cylon back to "home base" after death (as Helo's Sharon noted about the 6 unit Kyra was fighting on Caprica).  Oh, and the Sharon that shot Adama was also a cylon.  Remember, she is the one who put the explosive in the water tanks early in season one.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

atek3

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2005, 02:03:52 PM »
Quote from: Sindawe
Spoiler

what was up with that.
Continuity error perhaps? (Bad writer, BAD!)  Or perhaps some data is transmitted from a cylon back to "home base" after death (as Helo's Sharon noted about the 6 unit Kyra was fighting on Caprica).  Oh, and the Sharon that shot Adama was also a cylon.  Remember, she is the one who put the explosive in the water tanks early in season one.
I know she was a cylon too, but even the crew thinks of the BSG sharon as "human-cylon" and the caprica sharon as "cylon-cylon".

atek3