Author Topic: Brexit Preppers  (Read 1947 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Brexit Preppers
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 10:19:29 PM »
It took a war for the US to settle(ish) that secession question.  Who exactly would the EU use to fight that war? We and the Brits have been the heavy hitters of NATO for decades.

The French, while capable, are small and the Germans have some cultural hang ups with bombing Britain.

There's not a ton the EU can do, other than threaten to stop and/or complicate trade, and they did that.
We have a few troops in Europe too. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2019, 10:19:59 PM »
Sorry.  Busy shoveling.  That's her.
I would ask for a story, but that might violate the 3rd S.  =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 06:46:31 AM »
I would ask for a story, but that might violate the 3rd S.  =)

Nothing interesting.  Snow shoveling.  Didn't check APS for sometime after while waiting for Advil and vodka to kill the pain.  :lol:
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 07:46:42 AM »
I don’t think they are doing this correctly. I see no mention of bug out Bags with inventory lists that would be impossible for the average person to carry and no talk about Katanas with telephone cord wrapped around the handle. And finally worse yet, no mention of Assault Wheelbarrows!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2019, 08:47:30 AM »
Nothing interesting.  Snow shoveling.  Didn't check APS for sometime after while waiting for Advil and vodka to kill the pain.  :lol:
Be careful burying stuff in the snow.  Someone will find it in a few months.   =D

The only emergency bag I need to set up is something to go in my truck.  I have no illusions about being able to walk out the area I live and get very far.  I know how I feel after walking 5 or 6 miles and that is with no weight on a planned charity walk.  I need to get in better condition if I was planning to pack out of my area on foot.  I would rather keep extra gas and such to make sure I can drive somewhere. 

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2019, 10:19:36 AM »
^^^I think about this, now that I am working in downtown Seattle, in a weapons-free healthcare environment, 43 miles from my home.  My emergency bag is in the truck, 26 miles from my office at the park and ride.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.