Author Topic: "Rocket City Rednecks"  (Read 1762 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
"Rocket City Rednecks"
« on: September 30, 2011, 10:24:44 PM »
New TV series on... I think it was the National Geographic channel?  Anybody else seen it? 

I used to know some people like that when I lived near the Johnson Space Center in Texas.  Heck, *I* could be people like that pretty easily.  (they did play up the differential-equations-on-the-blackboard a bit much)
"It's good, though..."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: "Rocket City Rednecks"
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 11:25:32 PM »
I live 30 minutes drive from "Rocket City" -- Huntsville Alabama.  I taped the shows on Wednesday (they will be rerun saturday) and yes, they are on National Geographic TV.  I will be interested in watching the shows when I have the time.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 04:02:45 PM »
and once again, rupert burdock's natty geo channel clones discovery channel and hopes to succeed.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

erictank

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 06:11:17 AM »
Star of that show is apparently a Baen author - Travis S. "Doc" Taylor, PhD.  Wrote a few books with John Ringo, a few on his own, and a few with a couple of other guys.  He tinkers with some neat gear and concepts, like developing honest-to-God warp-drive based on Alcubierre's theory.  We aren't there yet, but...  [popcorn]

His writing's... fair, not great, FTR.  Haven't watched the show, as I first saw it was on against Mythbusters, so I'm not switching off from Jamie and Adam for a new show.  Might try to catch it on re-runs.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 11:24:24 AM »
Star of that show is apparently a Baen author - Travis S. "Doc" Taylor, PhD.  Wrote a few books with John Ringo, a few on his own, and a few with a couple of other guys.  He tinkers with some neat gear and concepts, like developing honest-to-God warp-drive based on Alcubierre's theory.  We aren't there yet, but...  [popcorn]

His writing's... fair, not great, FTR.  Haven't watched the show, as I first saw it was on against Mythbusters, so I'm not switching off from Jamie and Adam for a new show.  Might try to catch it on re-runs.

It appears NATGEO is rerunning them Saturday evenings.....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 01:51:05 PM »
I saw the commercial for the Rednecks during the Mythbusters. That was a bold move to get more viewers. I wonder if it worked.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?