Author Topic: The power went out about 10 minutes ago  (Read 1232 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
The power went out about 10 minutes ago
« on: August 04, 2012, 01:37:35 AM »
I don't see any lights on anywhere around, except in the sky (severe thunderstorm that's mostly lightening and wind).  This is the first time that's ever happened and the cable didn't go out. 

The UPS that the cable modem and the wireless router is plugged into is beeping every 20 seconds.  I gotta see if I can disable that; it's REALLY annoying.

Glad there are pistols and flashlights all over the place, and that I can tell the difference between 'em in the dark.
"It's good, though..."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: The power went out about 10 minutes ago
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 02:43:40 AM »
I hope you don't have a five-day outage like we did last year, or that some folks in the NE did this year.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 03:18:16 AM »
Glad there are pistols and flashlights all over the place, and that I can tell the difference between 'em in the dark.

Do not point either one at your face to see if they are working.  Or at the dog.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 03:37:14 AM »
Do not point either one at your face to see if they are working.  Or at the dog.

stay safe.

Especially if you happen to own one of these.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 10:34:09 AM »
Especially if you happen to own one of these.

I know it would be a lot harder to make, but shouldn't the shotgun fire out the *front*?  Also the barrel length looks to be about 3" -- including the chamber.  I guess that's so when you accidentally shoot yourself in the belly using it as a flashlight, you don't do too much damage.

Lights were out for a little over an hour.  I shut the UPS off because of that stupid loud beeping. Gotta find a way to disconnect that.
"It's good, though..."

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »
Avoid cliches like the plague!