Author Topic: Stupid $%#! cold.  (Read 907 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Stupid $%#! cold.
« on: February 18, 2008, 10:06:18 AM »
Came down with a jen-u-wine cold this weekend.  Had the sniffles Friday but blew it off thinking it might be something in the wind.  Scratchy throat Saturday morning.  Oh, great.  Hit the zinc supplements and start guzzling even more water than usual.  Might as well prepare for the worst.  Saturday night it turned into a full-blown sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, can't-get-any-friggin'-rest, cold.

Tried some off-the-shelf cold reliever.  Bah.  I might as well have been drinking Kool-Aid.  Wrenched my aching bod out of bed yesterday morning and got some real drugs - the go to the counter and register kind.  Between that and a lot of hot coffee ... much better.  I still have the sneezies and a little scratchy throat thing, but at least I can breath.  If it weren't for the intense and way-beyond-annoying itch deep down in my ears I could probably function semi-normally.  Ears are stopped up, too, but I can deal with that.  It helps me ignore people more than usual.

At least I'm on the downside of it.  I figure another day or two and I should be back to as close to normal as I ever get.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Declaration Day

• friends
Re: Stupid $%#! cold.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 10:19:01 AM »
Thera-flu and Green Death flavor NyQuil do it for me. 

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 10:28:14 AM »
At least I'm on the downside of it.

Hopefully so.  Round here the seasonal cold has been running one to two weeks per infection, depending on the individual.  Over the counter drugs did nothing to treat the symptoms of the bug, even the register your name, address and taxpaying unit ID # kind.  The only thing that made me feel any better was flushing out the nasal passages with a Neti Pot several times a day and drinking lots of hot peppermint tea.  After a week of that I can again feel air in my sinuses.

If it weren't for the intense and way-beyond-annoying itch deep down in my ears...

Yep, thats the start of round 2 for this pest.  Hope ya got lots of tissues and chicken soup stockpiled.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 10:52:51 AM »
Thera-flu and Green Death flavor NyQuil do it for me. 

Did for me, too, until they took out the pseudoephedrine.  Now it's no better than the other non-narcotic sissy pansy stuff on the shelf.  When I feel this lousy I want something that's going to A) Make me feel better or, B) Screw me up so much I don't care how I feel.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 10:59:16 AM »
Did for me, too, until they took out the pseudoephedrine.  Now it's no better than the other non-narcotic sissy pansy stuff on the shelf.  When I feel this lousy I want something that's going to A) Make me feel better or, B) Screw me up so much I don't care how I feel.

Drixoral does that for me. Dries out/reduces swelling in my nose and wipes me out so I can sleep. I cannot sleep at all with nasal congestion.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 11:02:28 AM »
For me, a good stiff triple shot of 100 proof Southern Comfort right before bed works as well as anything.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 12:03:59 PM »
Tried that last night.

Didn't work.

Still trying to cough up a lung.

Blog under construction