Author Topic: South African .308 at Aim Surplus  (Read 2129 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
South African .308 at Aim Surplus
« on: June 21, 2009, 10:37:36 AM »
Just a heads up for anyone interested. Aim Surplus has South African battle packs again at $70/140rd pack. Still not "good old days" prices, but if you're in "running on empty" mode, a good deal cheaper than I'm seeing anywhere else, including Ammoman.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: South African .308 at Aim Surplus
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 11:03:16 AM »
I'd still love to trade the SA I have for some reloading able brass ammo.  I guess AIM finally either sold all those Ishapore Enfield rifles or gave up on it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »
I guess AIM finally either sold all those Ishapore Enfield rifles or gave up on it. 

I still kick myself for missing out on those when they were cheap. I was going overboard on buying every variant of Mauser back when they were cheap and had the Enfield on the "get around to it" list, but never did. Now I can only hope for the extremely slim chance that somebody discovers a giant warehouse full of them somewhere and the prices go back down... :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 11:30:46 AM »
I was going overboard on buying every variant of Mauser
So you have an Arisaki?  =D

and thanks on the heads up. I could use a little .308
Avoid cliches like the plague!

280plus

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 11:43:01 AM »
Just ordered 3 battle packs but being my first time are they going to be looking for my photo ID?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 01:22:41 PM »
So you have an Arisaki?

Every variant was my goal -- I still have some work to do... :)

And yeah, they need your license the first time. When I ordered from them last year, I just scanned mine and uploaded it to the link they provide. I think once it's on file you're good to go for subsequent purchases.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 01:55:38 PM »
That must be true.  I don't remember when I sent them my ID, but I'm sure I did at one time.  I guess once you're old enough to buy ammo, that ain't going to change.  :)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 02:44:22 PM »
Be sure to let them know when you move.  They file your ID by zip code.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 07:06:41 AM »
I imagine they'll email me for it? Rather than just cancel the order? I have no way to scan it in but I can fax it later today so hopefully that's good enough.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 09:40:49 AM »
Actually 280, if I were you I would send customer service an email referencing your order number right after you send the fax just to make sure you don't get lost in the shuffle. They seem to be running far enough behind on orders that I wouldn't take a chance of being lost in the shuffle.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 11:18:34 AM »
I still kick myself for missing out on those when they were cheap. I was going overboard on buying every variant of Mauser back when they were cheap and had the Enfield on the "get around to it" list, but never did. Now I can only hope for the extremely slim chance that somebody discovers a giant warehouse full of them somewhere and the prices go back down... :)

My only motivation for going back to AZ is that my father in law is going to sell me his Ishie for $100. :)
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 04:56:32 PM »
Yup, just talked to them, I got a couple days to get it to them. The guy said they were 3-4 days behind on processing online orders anyways. I DO notice they have a "Low inventory warning" posted on the SA .308 now. just FYI

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 05:36:51 PM »
Out of stock.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

280plus

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 08:13:26 PM »
Wow, going going GONE!!  :O

Glad I got some, shoulda got more...  :laugh: