Author Topic: Perry, Iowa, high school shooting  (Read 797 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Perry, Iowa, high school shooting
« on: January 04, 2024, 11:29:48 AM »
Shooting at a HS in Perry, Iowa.
Reported multiple victims
Shooter has reportedly been ID. No word on condition
Shooting reportedly started before school started

Developing story

Multiple victims in Perry, Iowa, high school shooting, sheriff says
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/perry-high-school-shooting-iowa-01-04-24/index.html

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Re: Perry, Iowa, high school shooting
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 11:31:36 AM »
Oh and "Biden is tracking Perry shooting"
You know what that means
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 11:38:41 AM »
Shooter has reportedly been ID. No word on condition

Decreased
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 12:12:21 PM »
You know what that means
Punishing tens of millions of people who had nothing to do with the madman's actions?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2024, 12:12:37 PM »
Same day as Epstein list reveal.  I'm shocked. [tinfoil]
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2024, 12:15:11 PM »
You know what that means

Punishing tens of millions of people who had nothing to do with the madman's actions?

I was thinking more along the lines of the usual knee-jerk reaction of calling for a assault weapons ban but what you said as well.
- Calvin and Hobbes

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2024, 01:19:02 PM »

Can't find it right now, but there's a meme (babylonbee material I believe) about scientists being worried about running out of conspiracy theories if they keep coming true.   While I understand correlation ≠ causation, the "coincidences" sure do keep stacking up....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024, 01:54:32 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of the usual knee-jerk reaction of calling for a assault weapons ban but what you said as well.

And here you go

Jean-Pierre also urged Congress to act in the wake of this school shooting, saying that “we cannot allow these tragedies to continue.”

"Congress must act to enact universal background checks, ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, (and) require safe storage of firearms," she said, adding that "the gun industry's immunity from liability" must stop and a national "red flag" law should be passed.
    "We cannot allow these tragedies to continue," Jean-Pierre said.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/perry-high-school-shooting-iowa-01-04-24/index.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2024, 01:59:00 PM »
Kind of weird no numbers yet and they're still saying multiple which could mean two and maybe two doesn't pull on the gun ban strings enough.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2024, 02:20:01 PM »
Got to go to an overseas site for info again
Apparently he had this planned, posted a photo of himself on TikTok (surprise) in the restroom just before the shooting

Suspected Iowa school shooter Dylan Butler - who injured three people including the principal - before turning the gun on himself
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12927213/Suspected-Iowa-school-shooter-Butler.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2024, 02:35:30 PM »
Oh gee, maybe this is why the US media is unusually quiet, maybe, it's the internet so take with an internet size grain of salt

The mass shooter at Perry High has been identified as Dylan Butler

It appears that the shooter was an online LGBTQ activist & part of the community

Watch the story disappear in 3.. 2.. 1..
pic.twitter.com/loVfxgsfGI
    — End Wokeness (@EndWokeness) January 4, 2024[/quote]

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/04/perry-high-school-shooter-another-trans-kid-n2391398
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2024, 03:06:29 PM »
So, watch for his manifesto.  And he social media will by now be scrubbed.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Dylan%20Butler

Second in the list right now:

Shelly Wolfe
  ·
DYLAN BUTLER (AKA COLBY BUTLER) WAS THE SHOOTER TODAY AT THE SCHOOL SHOOTING IN IOWA.
GUESS WHAT.
A *expletive deleted*ing TRUMP SUPPORTER.
(On his Reddit he put Trump 20/20)
NOT SURPRISED AT ALL...
HE WAS A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER....

(Let's just say I kind of doubt that. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2024, 03:20:49 PM »
So, watch for his manifesto.  And he social media will by now be scrubbed.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Dylan%20Butler

Second in the list right now:

Shelly Wolfe
  ·
DYLAN BUTLER (AKA COLBY BUTLER) WAS THE SHOOTER TODAY AT THE SCHOOL SHOOTING IN IOWA.
GUESS WHAT.
A *expletive deleted*ing TRUMP SUPPORTER.
(On his Reddit he put Trump 20/20)
NOT SURPRISED AT ALL...
HE WAS A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER....

(Let's just say I kind of doubt that.

"HE WAS A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER...."

Everyone else is reporting he was a student at the school. So facebook :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2024, 04:44:18 PM »
Perry High School shooter was a 17-year-old student, official says

Officials have identified the person who opened fire at Perry High School as 17-year-old Dylan Butler, a student at the school.

Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation Assistant Director Mitch Mortvedt said the shooter was armed with a pump action shotgun and a small caliber handgun.

He said the shooter made several social media posts in and around the time of the shooting.

At least one person was killed and five others were injured, he said. The shooter died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Mortvedt said.

The person killed was a six grader at the school's middle school

And as it turns out he brought a bomb

Police officers located "an improvised explosive device" inside Perry High School in Iowa while undergoing a search of the building following the shooting, according to Assistant Director Mitch Mortvedt of the Division of Criminal Investigation.

Iowa's state fire marshal and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms "rendered the device safe," he said during a Thursday news conference.

So a shotgun, handgun, and a bomb. We really need to ban "assault weapons"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 05:01:22 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2024, 08:24:29 PM »
According to CNN there have been at least 4 mass shootings in the US this year.
They based this on data from Gun Violence Archive. https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2024, 08:26:41 PM »
So a shotgun, handgun, and a bomb. We really need to ban "assault weapons"

Didn't you hear? "Gun safety" researchers have recently revealed that AR-15 assault rifles blow people up. So that bomb may as well have been an assault rifle.

The blast effect: How bullets from an AR-15 blow the body apart
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2024, 08:35:49 PM »
Didn't you hear? "Gun safety" researchers have recently revealed that AR-15 assault rifles blow people up. So that bomb may as well have been an assault rifle.

The blast effect: How bullets from an AR-15 blow the body apart

And at the very top they show the Nashville shooter with a Kel-Tec Sub 2000   :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2024, 08:54:46 PM »
And at the very top they show the Nashville shooter with a Kel-Tec Sub 2000   :facepalm:

Not Kyle Rittenhouse?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2024, 09:07:04 PM »
Not Kyle Rittenhouse?

Funny that in an article about how the AR-15 blows bodies apart they show this

This handout video grab image courtesy of the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department released on Monday, March 27, 2023, shows suspect Audrey Hale holding an assault rifle at the Covenant School building at the Covenant Presbyterian Church, in Nashville, Tennessee. Photo by Metropolitan Nashville Police Dept. / AFP /Getty Images
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2024, 09:17:08 PM »

I'm certain it's only a coincidence. (Again)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2024, 10:31:01 AM »
Some saying this was over bullying of both him and his sister the school ignored

Iowa school shooter plotted massacre after he and his sister suffered horrific bullying - with teachers ignoring their torment, classmates say
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12929031/iowa-perry-high-school-shooting-dylan-butler-bullied.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2024, 12:53:25 PM »
Some saying this was over bullying of both him and his sister the school ignored

Iowa school shooter plotted massacre after he and his sister suffered horrific bullying - with teachers ignoring their torment, classmates say
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12929031/iowa-perry-high-school-shooting-dylan-butler-bullied.html

The bullying claim is easy to believe.  The school and the bullies are often on the same team; I'm not sure what the school gets out of the deal, more docile and compliant students (the ones being harassed) maybe.
"It's good, though..."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2024, 06:26:17 PM »

Which I have no trouble, at all, believing. 

School admin wants quiet.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2024, 10:47:58 PM »
One report on the radio today indicated that the shooter was "trans".  The show's host also pointed out how many of these shootings have been done by trans and hinted that it was time to start considering that "being trans" may be a sign of a mental imbalance.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2024, 11:14:51 PM »
One report on the radio today indicated that the shooter was "trans".  The show's host also pointed out how many of these shootings have been done by trans and hinted that it was time to start considering that

Yes, we've been discussing that previously in this thread.

..."being trans" may be a sign of a mental imbalance.

It's certainly more than that. It's beyond strange that wanting to mutilate or excise healthy parts of the body, in favor of kludged, make-shift imitations of opposite-sex body parts is not seen as an obvious form of self-harm.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 11:28:50 PM by Perd Hapley »