Author Topic: Moar judicial tyranny  (Read 1679 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Moar judicial tyranny
« on: October 14, 2016, 04:55:24 PM »
http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/14/federal-court-christian-pregnancy-centers-must-tell-patients-can-get-abortions/

A federal court just ruled that pregnancy centers have to tell their patients where they can get publicly-funded contraception and an abortion—even if it violates their religious beliefs.

I guess the next lawsuit will be over whether they're allowed to say "If you want to murder your baby, go here."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Moar judicial tyranny
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 07:37:36 PM »
Are they only required to tell women where they can get an abortion iif they ask, are they required to tell women where to get an abortion if that's the choice they make, or are they required to "advocate for" abortion? The article seems to say they are required to advocate for abortion, which seems like a bit of a stretch even for the 9th Circus.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 08:26:15 PM »
I don't see how giving information to a woman is violating her 1st Amendment rights. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 11:35:13 PM »
I don't see how giving information to a woman is violating her 1st Amendment rights. 

I think the problem is in forcing the pregnancy center that is run by Christians to pass out info on where the patient can get an abortion,  thus "aiding & abetting" the abortion/murder.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 11:42:08 PM »

The problem is requiring the centers to provide information that's contrary to their religious convictions. It's like a reverse 1st Amendment situation -- instead of telling them they can't say something they want to say, here the .gov is telling them they must say something they don't want to say.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 01:08:07 AM »
Hey, you shouldn't go into the bakery abortion-alternative business, if you're not willing to bake a same-sex wedding cake give directions to an abortion-provider, right?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 06:50:11 AM »

I think the problem is in forcing the pregnancy center that is run by Christians to pass out info on where the patient can get an abortion,  thus "aiding & abetting" the abortion/murder.

Ah, got it.  That makes sense.  Guess I misread the article.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 10:27:52 AM »

Are they taking government funding? If yes, well, you take the King's shilling and all that. If not, that is a significant violation of the First Amendment.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 10:34:28 AM »
Are they taking government funding?

Those I'm familiar with, I don't think so.  There may be a deal locally, for getting sonograms done.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 11:11:29 AM »
And does pp have to give folks the same ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I