Author Topic: Nothing to Worry About Anymore - Obama is One of Us  (Read 6002 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Nothing to Worry About Anymore - Obama is One of Us
« on: January 28, 2013, 04:00:45 PM »
Obama has a newly discovered, yet long standing passion for skeet shooting, and really respects hunters, so we have nothing more to worry about on gun rights. Because it's all about hunting and skeet shooting. Right? Hello? Anybody there?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/28/obama-says-goes-skeet-shooting-all-time/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Nothing to Worry About Anymore - Obama is One of Us
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 04:02:07 PM »
Back away from the grape Kool-aid.  ;)

=D =D ;/ ;/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 04:04:06 PM »
I just want to see a picture of him skeet shooting, because if it's anything like the "throwing a baseball" and "riding a bike" images, it should be highly highlarious.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 04:13:30 PM »
Obama is so full of sh1t his eyes have turned brown.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 04:41:20 PM »
I, for one, was touched by His words. It reminds me of the skeet shooters on the Lexington green, and how King George's men came to take their skeet away. Barack Obama would have stood by those men, as He stands with all of us, today.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 04:51:35 PM »
I wonder if he's ever been to Alaska and seen the size of the skeeters we had to shoot up there  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 05:28:59 PM »
Obama has a newly discovered, yet long standing passion for skeet shooting, and really respects hunters, so we have nothing more to worry about on gun rights. Because it's all about hunting and skeet shooting. Right? Hello? Anybody there?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/28/obama-says-goes-skeet-shooting-all-time/

I just want to see a picture of him skeet shooting, because if it's anything like the "throwing a baseball" and "riding a bike" images, it should be highly highlarious.

We'll soon see a staged duck hunting event, where 0. is seen to be holding an unloaded double barrel shotgun in a clumsy and unsafe manner.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 05:32:31 PM »

We'll soon see a staged duck hunting event, where 0. is seen to be holding an unloaded double barrel shotgun in a clumsy and unsafe manner.

In all fairness, do you really *want* to put a loaded gun in his hands?

I promise it will go over like a fart in church if he pulled a cheaney...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 05:46:17 PM »
Next thing you'll see is Obama with his own hunting show.  First up, how to field dress a mess of skeet.

You gotta ask a question when a story like this appears out of the clear blue.  What do the internal polls look like that would force a president into making a patently absurd claim.  You would have to be a blithering, drooling idiot to believe it.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 05:48:31 PM »
If there's a photo of President Obama shooting skeet, White House spokesman Jay Carney isn't aware of it.

"There may be, but I haven't seen it," Carney told reporters Monday.

When asked during an interview with The New Republic magazine if he had ever fired a gun, Obama said: "Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time."

Questioned about a possible photo, Carney said: "When he goes to Camp David he goes to spend time with family and friends, not to produce photographs."
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 05:58:06 PM »
and yet...

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 06:32:02 PM »
In all fairness, do you really *want* to put a loaded gun in his hands?

[Some stuff edited out]

Guys, in these times we need to be very careful about even alluding to harm coming to others, especially politicians, especially with firearms. Even when meant as harmless venting, the other side is all too happy to take those kinds of statements out of context and use them against us. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:10:28 PM by Ben »
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 06:37:23 PM »
I feel better now, seeing as how I "go do shoot the bullets" at my "club for guns" all the time too, and feel like he understands me.
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 06:45:50 PM »
and yet...

How much the water on him is from him shooting himself?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 06:45:59 PM »
Somebody start a protest of skeet shooting...say they are endangered and the destructive hunting of them by the millions will soon lead to their extinction!
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 07:00:27 PM »
You gotta ask a question when a story like this appears out of the clear blue.  What do the internal polls look like that would force a president into making a patently absurd claim.  You would have to be a blithering, drooling idiot to believe it.

Huh? He's a rich guy. Why wouldn't he play rich guy games?  ???

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 08:38:42 PM »
rich guy skeet is a rarified subset of horsey rich guy, i doubt there is much of a hunt club in his chicago organized community

http://www.today.com/id/3675813/site/todayshow/ns/today-entertainment/t/cheney-faces-heat-canned-hunt/#.UQcn0Xy9KSM

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »
"Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time," Obama said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/28/obama-says-goes-skeet-shooting-all-time/#ixzz2JKDYh0Tm

I don't know if there's a skeet range at Camp David, but I see no reason to doubt it. I don't see why the Obama wouldn't use it. We have the photo of Chuck Schumer using a sub-gun. We know other anti-gun cranks have taken advantage of armed guards. One anti-gun newspaper guy even shot an intruder at his house, if I remember right.

Why wouldn't Obama use guns, just like the rest of the gun-haters?

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 09:42:31 PM »
I would be shocked if Obama knew the difference between his rifle and his gun....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 09:45:50 PM »

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 09:52:45 PM »
39°38’41″N 77°28’9″W

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
I promise not to duck.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 10:44:24 PM »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 10:47:15 PM »

CLEARLY photoshopped. We've all seen how Obama throws.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought