Author Topic: Good News for Syrian Refugees  (Read 641 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Good News for Syrian Refugees
« on: December 14, 2015, 01:22:31 PM »
http://www.unz.com/isteve/good-news-for-syrian-refugees/

Back in September I pointed out that the objectively ideal place to shelter Syrian refugees was a peaceful, relatively underpopulated region with a lovely climate that’s so conveniently close to home that practically every country in the world still considers it legally part of Syria.

And now there’s more good news: the local economy should be looking up as the Genie Oil and Gas company recently announced that it had discovered oil in the Golan Heights.

Granted, there are some tricky issues involving the Golan Heights, which Israel conquered from Syria in 1967 and announced it had annexed in 1981.

But Genie Oil and Gas has assembled a Strategic Advisory Board to help it deal with them. From Genie’s corporate website:

Take a gander at who is on the board.

So with that caliber of Strategic Advice, I’m sure the Syrian refugees will be moving in and getting high paid drilling jobs in no time. After all, as we all know, Syrian refugees are good for the economy.

By the way, I’m actually not making up this list even though it sounds like some conspiracy theorist’s fantasy.

I can;t wait for a joint Russia/USA/Israel/Bashar announcement declaring the Golan "Refugee Ready."

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Good News for Syrian Refugees
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 06:36:50 PM »
Perfect !!!

Haven't we been told over and over that the lack of jobs and poverty is what drives poor people to embrace jihad?

[/sarcam]

(Bin Laden's family is/was super wealthy.  All of the nineteen/twenty hijackers came from well-to-do families that could afford to send their sons to Germany and the the US to study.   MAJ Hasan, the San Bernadino shooters, Chatanooga Shooter, and the Garland shooters all came from solidly middle-class to upper-middle-class backgrounds.)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.