Author Topic: So I"m still p|s'sed off this morning  (Read 1551 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
So I"m still p|s'sed off this morning
« on: February 24, 2017, 10:32:06 AM »
REF:
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=54020.msg1099966#msg1099966

So I was looking up Point Reyes California because there are a lot of shipwrecks there and I found this in a Wiki article thereon:

"Continuing as the region's supply and service center, it is a popular destination rich with charming shops, fine restaurants, extraordinary butter-filled pastures at the Bovine Bakery, and an annual music festival."

Indeed, a pasture full of butter would be extraordinary.

So I'm still POed this morning.

No, I'm not a grammar nazi, I rarely correct anyone unless asked except I occasionally send a PM if an error wreck's the meaning of a sentence and I will often bend grammar for the sake of readability, and my fingers often have to ketchup with my brain and I use there for they're and their but I usually catch stuff like that on a word-by-word 60 word per minute re-read, and maybe the author really meant grass-filled pastries instead of butter-filled pastures for some arcane reason, and I reelize how hard it is to text so a lot of abbr's and cutesy word shortations are needed but gee whiz and I know this is an incomplete run on sentence but.

So I"m still p|s'sed off this AM.

Terry
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 02:06:41 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: So I"m still p|s'sed off this morning
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 10:36:41 AM »

No, I'm not a grammar nazi, I rarely correct anyone unless asked except I occasionally send a PM if an error wreck's the meaning of a sentence and I will often bend grammar for the sake of readability, and my fingers often have to ketchup with my brain and I use there for they're and their but I usually catch stuff like that on a word-by-word 60 word per minute re-read, and maybe the author really meant grass-filled pastries instead of butter-filled pastures for some arcane reason, and I reelize how hard it is to text so a lot of abbr's and cutesy word shortations are needed but gee whiz and I know this is an incomplete run on sentence but.

I rays a toast and grate & mighty LOL to you, sir.  =D

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 10:46:42 AM »
U knead to adjust you're attitude. Regard such things as comic releefe.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 11:38:21 AM »
Why shoulder my altitude make any deference?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 01:05:48 PM »
REF:

So I was looking up Point Reyes Califonia ....

" extraordinary butter-filled pastures at the Bovine Bakery..."

I missed the The Summer of Love in 1967 but when I was 15 going on 16 a year later I hitchhiked from bugtussle Oklahoma to San Francisco. I am pretty sure I not only saw a butter-filled pasture but many other wondrous things that are now secreted deep in the recesses of my mind. Hopefully they will come poring out as I age and I can regale the grandkids with stories of hippies, free love and mind expansion. :)

bob

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 02:10:03 PM »
^ Try some grass-filled pastries from the Bovine Bakery.  That orta loosen up some memeries.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 02:25:43 PM »
REF:
... and I found this in a Wiki article thereon

Terry

Ah, I found the problem.

I was there a few years ago. Kind of a laid back hippy sort of place. Olema is dead until after dark because the whole town takes wine and goes out to the point to watch the sun set.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 01:02:50 AM »
^ Try some grass-filled pastries from the Bovine Bakery.  That orta loosen up some memeries.

Ahhhh... Loosened up mammaries with butter and pasties.   :O  And some "grass".  Set for the weekend!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 06:43:18 AM »
REF:

So I was looking up Point Reyes California because there are a lot of shipwrecks there and I found this in a Wiki article thereon:

"Continuing as the region's supply and service center, it is a popular destination rich with charming shops, fine restaurants, extraordinary butter-filled pastures at the Bovine Bakery, and an annual music festival."

Indeed, a pasture full of butter would be extraordinary.

So I'm still POed this morning.

So I"m still p|s'sed off this AM.

Terry
So you use ketchup on your keyboard? Is this some sort of lubricant to keep the keys from sticking? You would think after being exposed to the air it would make it worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 11:00:30 AM »
For all intensive porpoises, I tink dey were tring to be potrey.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 12:19:20 PM »
This sort of conversification needs to be done an an English-as-a-second-language class.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge