Main Forums > The Roundtable

Oh Oh, Chongo! Danger Island

(1/4) > >>

Ben:
I recently learned that I'm not a Boomer and am actually Generation Jones, for which there is a Reddit sub that has been bringing back a ton of memories from when I was a kid.

This morning it was the Banana Splits and the live action "show within a show" they did called Danger Island, featuring a young Jan Michael Vincent. Until this morning I had forgotten all about it, but it opened up a ton of memories, like I remember that the black guy had some stick that was like a Swiss Army knife stick, and I now remember duplicating it the best that an eight year old could, having all kinds of adventures in the backyard.

Anyway, there's no way this non-woke (and it was probably considered woke at the time) kid's show would be on the air today.  :laugh:

https://youtu.be/UzUWiqQ-790

K Frame:
Huh. Never heard of Generation Jones before, but looks like... I'm Generation Jones. Also Gen X.

But I never liked the Banana Splits. Or HR Puffinstuff.

WLJ:

--- Quote from: K Frame on May 04, 2024, 11:32:55 AM ---Huh. Never heard of Generation Jones before, but looks like... I'm Generation Jones. Also Gen X.

--- End quote ---

Looking back at HR Puffinstuff and some of their other stuff I wonder if the Krofft brothers were doing LSD at the time and what was in my cereal while watching it.

Ben:

--- Quote from: K Frame on May 04, 2024, 11:32:55 AM ---Huh. Never heard of Generation Jones before,

--- End quote ---

I'd never heard of it either until recently, but it kinda makes sense for "tail end" boomers, because that Boomer cadre is a pretty big chunk of years.

JN01:

--- Quote from: K Frame on May 04, 2024, 11:32:55 AM ---Huh. Never heard of Generation Jones before, but looks like... I'm Generation Jones. Also Gen X.

--- End quote ---

I couldn't stand those shows either. Also thought Scooby-Doo was idiotic.  Roadrunner, old Loony Toons, and Tom & Jerry were more up my alley.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version