Author Topic: Boats...  (Read 4351 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Boats...
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2008, 09:32:55 AM »
Yeah If I get a canoe, one with a transom for a small trolling motor would be my plan. 
the pontoon rocks on rivers, though. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2008, 01:56:56 PM »
Yeah If I get a canoe, one with a transom for a small trolling motor would be my plan. 
the pontoon rocks on rivers, though. 

I wouldn't want a canoe with a transom for river use myself. Check out one of these. Flipper Motor Mount
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2008, 03:10:56 PM »
I've got two. One's a 23ft v-berth pleasure boat that has been converted with rigging for shrimping. Dad has a commercial shrimping license and we trawl with a 40 ft net. We call her the Weekender

The other is the flounder gigging boat. A 16 ft. fiberglass hull flat bottom with about an 8 horse Evinrude. We take it into some of the channels passages and such in the tidal areas (I think that is what you would call them) at the beach in search of flounders.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2008, 03:49:56 PM »
"Flounder gigging"? Sounds fun!

We always just used minnows on bottom rigs. laugh
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2008, 03:54:31 PM »
Yeah, flounder gigging. You go hunting around the tidal waters and such, shining a spotlight down into the water. If you see a flounder lying on the bottem, you stab it with what is basically a big fork. Similar to frog gigging...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2008, 04:00:57 PM »
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Iain

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2008, 04:35:19 PM »
While we're talking generally about boats - what about inflatable canoes? Wasn't aware of their existence until recently, and I've always wanted a canoe, just not the hassle associated with transporting it about. I'm not into anything serious, it's just I live about midway along the longest river in England and most of it is open access to all. Quite like the idea. Something like this
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2008, 05:00:12 PM »
My only boat right now really isn't a boat but a seadoo.
I wish I could take a photo but its all covered for the winter.
2003 Seadoo GTX
1495cc 185hp 3cyl supercharged monster.
I can get it to 63 mph with just me on it. Very comfy to ride, more like a boat than anything else. But i guess it should because it ways over 900 lbs. Its not even that bad on gas if you don't mash it all the time. I did a 120 mile ride on it around the St Lawrance sea way. Driving at 35-40 mph. Made it on one tank, 18 gallons I think. If you dive them right you can stay dry the whole time. Hell I have even fished barnagat inlet on it.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 02:02:23 AM »
Closest thing I can say I have would be this; and even then, not quite yet.  undecided

http://www.sevylor.com/dyn_prod.php?p=STRU271&k=78934

Something packable that can carry myself, someone else, and our packs.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams